Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 16211 (Who?), Viewed: 371899 times.
Page 649 of 649
Mad Poster
#16201 Old Today at 11:34 AM
In Tinsel Town, about 1 a month. Used to be every week, but I guess the burglar has settled down or something. My burglar usually shows up around 12:30 am or 1 am just after the last person comes home from their job. (being a Broadway star does attract the bad guys. They seem to think you have money).

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#16202 Old Today at 11:37 AM
Do you have it modded? The only time I've seen them show up in the daytime was because of a glitch.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#16203 Old Today at 11:41 AM
I meant to write AM, which is after midnight. I've never seen them in the daylight either, thankfully. I think they are vampires in disguise but with greed thrown in for the win..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#16204 Old Today at 1:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
I have the Ultimate Collection, does it not have all the patches?
Kaylynn Langerak hasn't had any dates yet, this was a random townie. I noticed he had sun burn though, and so did the townie that nearly died with the train set. My Seasons are set for 7 days each so I guess I answered my own question! I think I need to avoid hot tubs, saunas and train sets during Summer!

Spontaneous combustion in Seasons was never fixed by a patch because it wasn't a bug - it was a FEATURE! (Remember what I said before about Maxis loving things to burst into flames.)

So naturally (as usual) a modder had to fix it.

Pescado's warmthfixes is the only mod that I can think of at the moment. I'm sure someone else must have made a mod that stops it completely, but I can't recall any just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescado
BUGS & ANNOYANCES FIXED:
1. Warmth caps now properly applied, so the undead will not turn blue despite
supposedly not being allowed to drop to that level (and ruining their
portrait pose to boot). Cap for undead also raised so that they will not
react to the temperature.

2. Spontaneous combustion temperature raised to +90. Chance reduced. Combined
with above, should greatly reduce instances of combustion as it now
requires an unlikely combination of circumstances (Outside, High Temp).

3. Outdoor temperatures no longer affect sims that are indoors, so treadmill
and hot tub related combustion should be impossible indoors combined with
above.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg213657
Inventor
#16205 Old Today at 1:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Spontaneous combustion in Seasons was never fixed by a patch because it wasn't a bug - it was a FEATURE! (Remember what I said before about Maxis loving things to burst into flames.)

SimWardrobe has NoRandomBurstingIntoFlames here:
Quote:
Prevents sims from randomly bursting into flames when they are hot.

The seasons expansion pack has sims bursting into flames all over the place. It made me rather curious about just why that was. So I poked around in the code and was rather surprised about what I found.

If your sim's temperature is greater than or equal to 70, there is a 1 in 100 chance of the sim bursting into flames. There is a chance of this happening once every 15 minutes. Objects such as the treadmill rapidly push your sims temperature over 70. It should be noted that your sim will suffer heat exhaustion at 100, so the threshold for bursting into flames is actually much lower.

It's nearly essential if you play Test of Time or certain themed hoods/lots. Imagine my shock when my pre-simhistoric founders went Dragon Ball on me in the middle of fishing!
Alchemist
#16206 Old Today at 3:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarr
How often do you all get burglars? I swear, in my new town I've gotten 2+ per household and I've only played 3-4 sim seasons worth of time.

Very Rarely. If I remember correctly, all members of the household must by asleep by a certain time and then the burglar will come between around 11pm and 3am. Most of the time my Sims rarely go to bed at the same time so there's always someone awake around Midnight. That stops the burglar since everyone is not in bed by what ever time is is (I want to say around 9pm or 10pm.)
Inventor
#16207 Old Today at 4:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarr
How often do you all get burglars? I swear, in my new town I've gotten 2+ per household and I've only played 3-4 sim seasons worth of time.

Whoops, I didn't notice this question.

I had one house that had a burglar every week, and it was the criminal mastermind's mansion of all places - must be some disgruntled underlings. Normally, not that many; probably once every two - three sim weeks at most, though I've had some persistent burglars every now and then. My current apocalyptic hood has had one almost every 3 days since the third season, fittingly enough, though I must wonder why she bothers when there's barely anything to take...
Field Researcher
#16208 Old Today at 4:34 PM
I have a burglar that comes at least a few times a week. I have a mod that allows burglars to come more often. Doesn't matter the time or if sims are awake. I like it because it brings some excitement when sims are at work and school.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Alchemist
#16209 Old Today at 5:00 PM
Why do parents want to go on vacation after they send their kids to college? One thing I've noticed over the years of playing is that parent Sims roll vacation wants after their kids move into a dorm. For example Herb Oldie moved into a dorm and his mom has a want to buy a vacation home and want to go on vacation.
Test Subject
#16210 Old Today at 5:45 PM
I get burglars all the time! Every one of my households has had one at least once.
Mad Poster
#16211 Old Today at 5:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Imagine my shock when my pre-simhistoric founders went Dragon Ball on me in the middle of fishing!

Personally, I was quite amused when Don Lothario burst into flames from sitting in a hot tub too long. Must've used too much hair oil.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Theorist
#16212 Old Today at 8:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
I had one house that had a burglar every week, and it was the criminal mastermind's mansion of all places - must be some disgruntled underlings.
Or maybe members of a rival criminal organization are trying to send him a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monjit1
I have a mod that allows burglars to come more often.
I need to get one of those mods. I very rarely see a burglar. My game's idea of a crime wave appears to be when mean townies steal everybody's newspaper or kick over all the curbside trash cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Why do parents want to go on vacation after they send their kids to college? One thing I've noticed over the years of playing is that parent Sims roll vacation wants after their kids move into a dorm. For example Herb Oldie moved into a dorm and his mom has a want to buy a vacation home and want to go on vacation.
"Yay! Junior's FINALLY out of the house! Let's celebrate!"
Page 649 of 649