Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 10760 (Who?), Viewed: 232090 times.
Page 431 of 431
Mad Poster
#10751 Old Yesterday at 5:17 PM
I don't think anybody knows. If you have no-respawn hacks in, they never will.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#10752 Old Yesterday at 5:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I've been using empty templates, including an empty Exotic Locations. That is why I asked how many of the tourist families are needed for the game to start generating new tourist sims - in other words, for it to create the new tourists when it is needed. I am sorry, but nobody is giving me the information that I need. This is getting very frustrating.

Since you are using empty templates the game is not going to automatically generate tourist because of how the game is coded. You can use CJ's Fewer Tourist mod (in his mod description he explains how the game is coded) here: http://cyjon.net/node/290. You can also create them yourself; there is a tutorial here at MTS: http://modthesims.info/t/529698.

I play custom neighborhoods and have always created my own vacation neighborhoods. I've used CJ's mod and I've created my own tourist families.
Theorist
#10753 Old Yesterday at 8:50 PM
So the game is coded to not generate new tourists at all the way it usually generates new townies?

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Mad Poster
#10754 Old Yesterday at 8:53 PM
Speaking of fire alarms..when we had some remodel done they insisted that each bedroom have an alarm. I argued, there is NOTHING in there that is going to get hot! No alarm required in garage, where I have had fires in 2 prior houses due to the dryer. Alarms always choose middle of night to announce that battery is low..by loud noise every few minutes. Bedroom alarms have been killed.
My sims also hate being startled awake because lightning started a fire outside, or the dogs running away, but I like alarms outside because sometimes the rain does not put out the fire. I should look for an alarm that calls the fire department WITHOUT waking everyone up. And stop all that ridiculous lightning! And stop the firemen from telling me to be more careful!

Namaste
Top Secret Researcher
#10755 Old Yesterday at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
So long as the food isn't burnt they should get the memory.

This obviously can't apply to every single food? I've never had a sim get a memory "learned how to make cereal," for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielynn71
It may be that some of these can only be prevented with empty templates.

Yes, that's exactly it. The no regen/no respawn mods only prevent the game from making new npcs/townies/etc; they can't remove ones that already exist.
#10756 Old Yesterday at 10:38 PM
A few questions about pet breeding and genetics.

1. There's no way to age a pet down to a baby, is there?
2. Is there a way, via some tool or another, to create baby clones of a cat? (Christianlov's baby pet creator, or in lieu of that, impregnating the poor cat with himself). I want to make some baby Tigers for my adoption pool.
3. If you change a pet's appearance via the mirror, does it affect their genetics?
4. Is there an orange kitten skin? I only recall seeing black, brown, and white.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Field Researcher
#10757 Old Yesterday at 10:41 PM
i've seen orange kittens before like a lot

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Forum Resident
#10758 Old Today at 1:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A few questions about pet breeding and genetics.

1. There's no way to age a pet down to a baby, is there?
2. Is there a way, via some tool or another, to create baby clones of a cat? (Christianlov's baby pet creator, or in lieu of that, impregnating the poor cat with himself). I want to make some baby Tigers for my adoption pool.
3. If you change a pet's appearance via the mirror, does it affect their genetics?
4. Is there an orange kitten skin? I only recall seeing black, brown, and white.

1. I don't think so.
2. I would create a breed of Tigers, then buy the Tigers in Pet CAS, and then breed the Tigers and then seed the Adption Pool, I don't think that there is an easier way.
3. I don't think so.
4. I don't know.

I hope that my suggestion for 2. is useful.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#10759 Old Today at 2:40 AM
3.Yes
4. You can get orange, black, white, dk and lt brown, grey, blue grey, plus all the colours that are unlocked eg goofy, purple etc
Mad Poster
#10760 Old Today at 2:43 AM
Default Re: "learned how to make" memory
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I think it has to be above a certain cooking level - 4 or 5 IIRC.
That seems to be about right. I checked Andrew's memories in SimPE. (He thinks he's a good cook. [Correction:] I'm being churlish about a very good friend -- he is quite a good cook.) The first food item for which he has a visible "learned to cook" memory is omelettes. For earlier items he has just an invisible "Token - Sim - Foods Cooked Well" memory. Sims seem to get those tokens for everything they learn to cook.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
#10761 Old Today at 2:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
That seems to be about right. I checked Andrew's memories in SimPE. (He thinks he's a good cook. [Correction:] I'm being churlish about a very good friend -- he is quite a good cook.) The first food item for which he has a visible "learned to cook" memory is omelettes. For earlier items he has just an invisible "Token - Sim - Foods Cooked Well" memory. Sims seem to get those tokens for everything they learn to cook.

Ah, thanks so much! That makes me feel a bit better, since Hamburgers is indeed just bellow that cutoff. I guess my sims aren't broken after all.
Page 431 of 431