Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:52 AM Last edited by murfee : 24th Sep 2017 at 1:15 PM.
Default Help making Magic Mirrors (Supernatural), please? [RESOLVED]
Hello.
I am trying to figure out why my magic mirror is not showing the special animation effect with the man's face in the mirror. (Like this .)

I cloned the Supernatural one, and after swapping out the mesh in Milkshape and assigning the joint, I imported it back into TSRW, applied the textures, and kept it moving. I didn't touch the Mirror shader.

In-game the mirror is fine at first; sims can click the options like regular.

But when I actually communicate with the magic man in the mirror, I get problems:

The mirror surface fades first to this:

And then to this:

I can hear the sound effects, and the rest of the interaction carries out normally.

When the mirror man is done talking, the screen fades back to its regular reflective surface.

I have no idea what variables enable the special animation to play, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I have to keep EA's mirror mesh and reshape it to my desired shape? Ew, I hope not.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:53 PM
So I tried something here.

I cloned the TSRW version of the magic mirror, and it did only show the regular groups a normal sims mirror had. But when I cloned it with S3OC and imported it in TSRW, it didn't read the groups or, well... the mesh at all! Same for the OBJD. It just simply read the textures and that was it. Seems that the TSRW only reads the MLODs when cloning and not the data from the actual MODL. Soooo, of course I would export the MLOD from S3PE and I discovered... geostates. Or at least these S3ACG files that comes with the S3AC file. The MODL does show me that the part the surface is merged together, and that's the same for the actual mirror.
So I suppose it's a hidden geostate that's doing the work. Not the actual mirror. And I guess the reason why TSRW might not see it is because it's heavily scripted. So you could try out that 'plan B' I was talking about. Replacing the MLODS and textures and see if that works
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:00 PM
GOSH DARNIT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID THAT! XD

I figured this wasn't going to be a quick TSRW thing. Something deep and dark in my soul said I'd end up messing around in S3PE eventually. U_U *despondent sigh*
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
GOSH DARNIT I WAS TRYING TO AVOID THAT! XD

I figured this wasn't going to be a quick TSRW thing. Something deep and dark in my soul said I'd end up messing around in S3PE eventually. U_U *despondent sigh*

Hehe, eventually it is something with a 'magic touch' ^-~ The issue is probably similair to the holographic plants. I even think the thing is either a effect, since in TSRW it can't be seen since the 'objd' is so different. So it might be that too.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:06 PM
Not sure if anyone will even see this comment, but where can I download a mod/cc for the magic mirror?

https://blueskydaze.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/2.jpg

This one is PERFECT but I can't find it anywhere
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:40 PM
@Lizzardj94 I would recommend asking in the WCIF forums on MTS instead, since this part of the forum is only for helping out modders with modding issues

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:17 PM
Omg I forgot to update this post -- I was talking with MsPoodle1 a few weeks? months? ago and she helped me figure out that I had my mirror mesh set too far forward/backwards/etc.
Simply put: I needed to move my mesh, cuz it was blocking the effect the entire time.