Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:14 PM
Default Police station bug
I haven't played a Sim as a police career in awhile, not since moving to a new PC. Every other job my sim has gone to has worked but having issues with the police station. I send my Sim to work and everything works for a moment but then all Sims stop doing anything and seem to freeze in place. Clicking on any of the PCs or the bulletin board is extremely delayed, a good 5+ seconds before anything pops up. If I queue up an action, nothing happens. Pressing pause will sometimes jump start everything again and my sim will then go take care of whatever I told them to go do. Sometimes even the pause, play, and fast forward buttons do nothing. I could be on Fast forward and then hit pause, the game will continue to fast forward for a good 10+ seconds before it finally pauses the game and the time resets however long it took to pause. Tried it on several sims, same issue

Getting out of the Police station helps alot, things begin working like normal once again. However, had a few issues there as well. Had to do an arrest, sim was male, red hair, shorts. Only one suspect on the map that matched, did the arrest, wrong person. So started asking around, everyone pointed at a male with pants and blonde hair, he was the culprit.

Right now the police career is entirely unplayable, not like this. Not sure if the issue is with to many sims on screen at once, because I had issues somewhat similar on my old PC when I had more than 10+ sims on screen like a party. Everyone would freeze, pressing the pause for a few seconds would jump start everyone but this seems entirely different. Even trying to quit the game at the police station took forever, like the game just didn't know what to do. I've tried the repair option, going to try a few suggestions I've read of this happening years ago, didn't see many solutions however. Will try without mods as well, but open to suggestions or if anyone else has this issue.