Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 3:02 AM
Default I had an idea to do sort of a Adam and Eve thing...where my main family basically populates a whole town. Any mods that would help with that?
I know I know weird idea right...I just sort of got back into Sims and I need objectives to keep me entertained and somehow this is what I came up with; and now am hellbent on trying. Anywho, only thing I have now is Story Progression, which allows me to turn off a few things to make this happen. Really, the only thing I need is to somehow turn up the sims want to reproduce. Basically, I need to figure out how to make them f like rabbits to populate the town quickly.

I know in theory I could go all this manually, but what I'd like to do is basically is churn out babies with my main family, raise them to young adults, make them move out, rinse and repeat. Once they move out, as townies they'd meet up with the first viable mate and "Try for Baby" and basically rinse and repeat the same process on their own. Any tips on how to make this happen? I feel as if there's a way to make this happen in StoryProgression but I can't seem to find it
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:08 AM
I play a very heavily Modded game with awsomemod to disable autoamted school assignments and the NRaas Mod collection so I can play TS2 style raotaionally in empty custom worlds and slwoly add my own sims to the town.I would not just populate with one family and would add other families to the town manually with edit town and have story progression configured to be more like the TS2 story progression which is how this type of game would work.I've started games similar to this only I move multiple families into town and play them rotationally with story progression being mostly manual mode.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:59 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Dec 2017 at 5:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mswilson2007
I know I know weird idea right...I just sort of got back into Sims and I need objectives to keep me entertained and somehow this is what I came up with; and now am hellbent on trying. Anywho, only thing I have now is Story Progression, which allows me to turn off a few things to make this happen. Really, the only thing I need is to somehow turn up the sims want to reproduce. Basically, I need to figure out how to make them f like rabbits to populate the town quickly.

I know in theory I could go all this manually, but what I'd like to do is basically is churn out babies with my main family, raise them to young adults, make them move out, rinse and repeat. Once they move out, as townies they'd meet up with the first viable mate and "Try for Baby" and basically rinse and repeat the same process on their own. Any tips on how to make this happen? I feel as if there's a way to make this happen in StoryProgression but I can't seem to find it

A good place to start would be on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Chance of Attempt > (default is 30) and turn that one up. If your world is far under its SP population cap, then already coupled sims should soon start producing babies as fast as they can. You might also consider turning down the Cooldown Period Between Pregnancies, from the same menu.

I think you're going to need a bit more than just NRaas SP here, though. For one thing, with whom are these sims going to be mating? I mean, there are other town residents or are you expecting them to mate with close relations like their siblings and first cousins? If the latter, you will require Woohooer. And Woohooer will also be needed to foster increased interest in Romance and Woohoo/Try for Baby as activities, especially between inactive sims who aren't necessarily partnered with each other yet, as opposed to where SP kind of just makes pregnancies form and tells you about them by way of stories in the corner of the screen.