Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Apparently the mobile game has already fallen off the top 30 chart? According to the person on Reddit who said they were a Guru.

I think the forums will stay open for a while and then they will quietly close. Especially if mobile becomes successful. But given that threads are being censored left and right at the moment, I'm not sure why any sims 4 fans want to stay there.

I started to respond to this in the wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure that all the communication and support for TS4 will just stop. I've seen this before...with SimsCity. Granted, the community pretty much told them where they could shove their game... and most had left the forum anyway...but when EA finally stopped communication on the forum...that was it. I'm not even sure if there is still a forum for SimsCity.... they might have left it...just incase people wanted to talk to each other. I could see them doing that with the Sims 4 and 3 forums.... leave them up, but no real interaction. They would be technically Dead Forums.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
I started to respond to this in the wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure that all the communication and support for TS4 will just stop. I've seen this before...with SimsCity. Granted, the community pretty much told them where they could shove their game... and most had left the forum anyway...but when EA finally stopped communication on the forum...that was it. I'm not even sure if there is still a forum for SimsCity.... they might have left it...just incase people wanted to talk to each other. I could see them doing that with the Sims 4 and 3 forums.... leave them up, but no real interaction. They would be technically Dead Forums.

I was livid about Sim City. Such a kick in the teeth for fans, The Sims 4 will go the same way. It’s been a long time since I’ve checked if the forums even exist for sim city now. Look at the sims 2 forum that got taken down. Communication for the sims 4 has already slipped back to the days when speculation ran rife, tensions ran high and the forums were toxic and the powers that be said nothing.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:52 PM
Well there is a shitload of speculation going on right now.... and of course the devoted S4 peeps ....they are all on deck to derail and hijack any an all threads that might tap into any truth that is going on over there at EA. Threads are being closed left and right.

You know... EA and their Guru tribe could just save everyone a lot of damn trouble and just say it like it is. They are always going to have a group of people who will buy anything. But really EA.... Just rip that bandaid off already... cause that thing is gross and infected... let's hear it. Come one you weenies.... is the Sims 4 over? how much more stupid ass non playable content are you going to release for a few extra bucks before you make it offical?
Field Researcher
#54 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
It isn't just a forum issue. There are YIBS that are determined to spin this whole thing. They should have jobs being spin doctors rather than be on YouTube. One in particular who I'm not going to name seems to give zero fucks that devs that have been around since the 2000 are being fired. Instead we should all hold hands and sing kumbuya for Sims Mobile.

The mushy lip service of how we all should love each other and not give gurus any crap when it is deserved seems to all fly out the window when paid trips to Redwood Studios are being threatened. Heaven forbid these precious human beings should no longer get free shit from EA. How quickly they forget why and how all that free shit came to be in the first place.

I'm not crabby at anyone here on MTS, but the two-faced bullshit gets under my skin quicker than a abscess.

Which ones? Hint at least. Not saw many comment.
Scholar
#55 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
It isn't just a forum issue. There are YIBS that are determined to spin this whole thing. They should have jobs being spin doctors rather than be on YouTube. One in particular who I'm not going to name seems to give zero fucks that devs that have been around since the 2000 are being fired. Instead we should all hold hands and sing kumbuya for Sims Mobile.

The mushy lip service of how we all should love each other and not give gurus any crap when it is deserved seems to all fly out the window when paid trips to Redwood Studios are being threatened. Heaven forbid these precious human beings should no longer get free shit from EA. How quickly they forget why and how all that free shit came to be in the first place.

I'm not crabby at anyone here on MTS, but the two-faced bullshit gets under my skin quicker than a abscess.

OMG. This. I actually cried last night, because I don't want to see the Sims turned into some crap mobile franchise. I've done nothing but support Sims 4 despite my own anger and frustration with EA. The Sims has seen me through seriously hellish moments in my life. So it galls me to see these idiot Game Changers spin all this and accuse those of us who are upset or worried of being too dramatic.

It's not hard to find EA's spin doctors. Just take a trip over to Twitter and scan through some of the feeds of the more popular Sim's YT'ers. There are some that aren't saying anything like Deligracy, but the folks that are saying things are being blown out of proportion are almost all actively promoting the Sims Mobile. It makes me want to puke. Sims Community is one of the worst, because they broke the news of the cuts first, but then flipped it all around saying the franchise isn't screwed. Um, really. Oh, yea, you're one of the Yibs promoting the Sims Mobile! Imagine that.

I'm still trying to understand how these folks can talk out both sides of their mouths and live with themselves. They all ought to go into politics.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
Ah I know who you mean now. Not surprisingly many have sim only channels. Without the sims what would they do? Course they are going to kiss EA’s ass. (Not saying that’s acceotable, just not surprising)
Scholar
#57 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:20 AM
Ah I know who you mean now. Not surprisingly many have sim only channels. Without the sims what would they do? Course they are going to kiss EA’s ass. (Not saying that’s acceotable, just not surprising)

Yea, I'd just have a hard time living with myself. If I truly loved the Sims like these folks claim, then I couldn't defend EA. Nope. But, sadly, there seems to be a lot of people who somehow have this idea that not supporting Sims Mobile is what will kill off the franchise. It's like, what flavor of Kool-Aid are you drinking over there (actually what's it spiked with, would be the better question). Supporting Sims Mobile is what EA wants, because I think this family portrait unlock is only the beginning of tie-ins to coerce people to try and make the shift to mobile.

Sometimes I think I'm just too old and the world's kind of changing and leaving me behind. I know I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (my first and only mobile game I've played), but I actually didn't want to even look at it today. I got to thinking about what if Nintendo does what EA is doing and shifts Animal Crossing only to mobile. It made me kind of nauseated.

I really miss the world before the internet some days.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Yea, I'd just have a hard time living with myself. If I truly loved the Sims like these folks claim, then I couldn't defend EA. Nope. But, sadly, there seems to be a lot of people who somehow have this idea that not supporting Sims Mobile is what will kill off the franchise. It's like, what flavor of Kool-Aid are you drinking over there (actually what's it spiked with, would be the better question). Supporting Sims Mobile is what EA wants, because I think this family portrait unlock is only the beginning of tie-ins to coerce people to try and make the shift to mobile.

Sometimes I think I'm just too old and the world's kind of changing and leaving me behind. I know I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (my first and only mobile game I've played), but I actually didn't want to even look at it today. I got to thinking about what if Nintendo does what EA is doing and shifts Animal Crossing only to mobile. It made me kind of nauseated.

I really miss the world before the internet some days.

I totally agree.
Ages ago, I got into the YIB programme. (I know , don’t hate me) as a creator. I knew I was only there so Drake and co could say they were inclusive of all creators not just youtubers as it was not long after that stuff about Drake saying youtubers were getting in only because they were more dedicated fans and other creators and fans got pissed.

I never got any early release content, Drake admitted that she prioritised her emails in a way that that those already on the list would be replied to first. Despite her saying she changed who got what regularly, she never did. It was always the same people.

To be honest I didn’t care by that point, I was really not enjoying the series and had stopped playing shortly after. I could never have been a yib because I couldn’t have squealed and called everything amazing and told people to buy it even if they didn’t like it “because it’s the sims” I know one game changer who admitted to me privately they thought my first pet was a crock of shit. Did they admit that in their EA sponsored video? Of course not. Lied through their teeth. I could never do that.

I hate mobile games too! I do have Pocket camp and it’s ok but it’s not a patch on the main game. If that’s the last AC game, I will be disappointed.
Scholar
#59 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:17 AM
I totally agree.
Ages ago, I got into the YIB programme. (I know , don’t hate me) as a creator. I knew I was only there so Drake and co could say they were inclusive of all creators not just youtubers as it was not long after that stuff about Drake saying youtubers were getting in only because they were more dedicated fans and other creators and fans got pissed.

I never got any early release content, Drake admitted that she prioritised her emails in a way that that those already on the list would be replied to first. Despite her saying she changed who got what regularly, she never did. It was always the same people.

To be honest I didn’t care by that point, I was really not enjoying the series and had stopped playing shortly after. I could never have been a yib because I couldn’t have squealed and called everything amazing and told people to buy it even if they didn’t like it “because it’s the sims” I know one game changer who admitted to me privately they thought my first pet was a crock of shit. Did they admit that in their EA sponsored video? Of course not. Lied through their teeth. I could never do that.

I hate mobile games too! I do have Pocket camp and it’s ok but it’s not a patch on the main game. If that’s the last AC game, I will be disappointed.

There are definitely good people in the Game Changers program (Mun Mun and Brazen Lotus come to mind), but the rest seem just seem like folks after a paycheck (for example, more and more of them are not just playing Sims and are doing other things).

The whole thing is just rather depressing. Hitting the over forty mark is also depressing. I can't relate to most of these YT'ers. And the idea of mobile games taking over and pc or even console dying out is just weird to me. Pocket Camp is great for when I don't feel like turning on my desktop or can't (or in the case of my 3DS, the graphics give me a headache from eye strain), but I can't imagine playing every game I like that way.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#60 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:12 AM
It's hard to a) define "good people" and b) know who they are. Even the most bread-headed yib may be giving all the proceeds to charity, and the ones who seem lovely and genuine may simply be the best actors. Remember folks, you can be anyone you want to be on the internet...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#61 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:56 AM
I' say don't mind it. They made a reasonable choice. The trait lives up to it's new title change. Sims with that common trait were more insane in TS3 than 4. Though of course, instead of changing a string they could have improved on that trait function wise, but of course that wouldn't and won't happen. Could, but won't and shall not.

Though no point in complaining on such change, but you guys could rant on how weak that trait was with the name it had that described and defined it.
Theorist
#63 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It's hard to a) define "good people" and b) know who they are. Even the most bread-headed yib may be giving all the proceeds to charity, and the ones who seem lovely and genuine may simply be the best actors. Remember folks, you can be anyone you want to be on the internet...

Yes, on the internet no one knows that I am really a plant :3
Smeg Head
#64 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Yes, on the internet no one knows that I am really a plant :3

A plant as in vegetation, or that of an undercover company drone working for the Man, here to stir things up? Hmmm, the mind does boggle?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#65 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
A plant as in vegetation, or that of an undercover company drone working for the Man, here to stir things up? Hmmm, the mind does boggle?

Vegetation. Specifically a thorn bush with wild purple rose blooms >:

*cringey nerd/weaboo voice* You can see it from the OC in my avatar that was commissioned on Deviantart.
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Page 3 of 3