Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:29 PM
Default WCIF mod to put a lot anywhere in the neighborhood
I know there is a mod that allow us to build a lot anywhere in the neighborhood. Even away from the roads. I thought it would be easy to find, but I can't even remember the tags used, so I could search for it.
If someone knows, I'd be really thankful if you could help me.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:33 PM
The only way I know of is to use SimPE to move the lots about. Or there's a workaround using the Hood Replacer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The only way I know of is to use SimPE to move the lots about. Or there's a workaround using the Hood Replacer.

Oh, alright. Thanks! ^^
Do you know if there's a tutorial on how to do it using SimPE or Hood Replacer?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:40 PM
I think lot adjuster will allow you to pull a lot back from the road.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think lot adjuster will allow you to pull a lot back from the road.

I'll try it out! Thanks! ^^
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:08 PM
The Lot Adjuster will allow you to move lots anywhere on the map. You first have to place the lot on a road, then note down how many neighborhood tiles in each direction you want to move it. Then exit the game, load the Lot Adjuster, and move the lot. (The ability to move the lot is under the "Advanced" options.) Be aware, though, that what the lot looks like in its new location might very well be odd, if, for instance, the slope of the terrain is different between the two lots. You may or may not be able to fix it. In the end, this feature of the LA is most easily used when you're moving a flat lot to another flat area that's at the same elevation on the map as wherever you place the lot initially, so a little strategic placement is often necessary. Otherwise, you'll have fiddling to do. Just speaking from experience here.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The Lot Adjuster will allow you to move lots anywhere on the map. You first have to place the lot on a road, then note down how many neighborhood tiles in each direction you want to move it. Then exit the game, load the Lot Adjuster, and move the lot. (The ability to move the lot is under the "Advanced" options.) Be aware, though, that what the lot looks like in its new location might very well be odd, if, for instance, the slope of the terrain is different between the two lots. You may or may not be able to fix it. In the end, this feature of the LA is most easily used when you're moving a flat lot to another flat area that's at the same elevation on the map as wherever you place the lot initially, so a little strategic placement is often necessary. Otherwise, you'll have fiddling to do. Just speaking from experience here.

This is the same as doing it in SimPE - in that it changes the lot location. That's recorded in the Lots section of the neighbourhood file and is expressed in terms of X, Y and Z - X and Y is right and left, top and bottom across the map, the Z value is the height. The problem with doing it with SimPE is that you have to know where the lot needs to go and as soon as you shift the point of view in the neighbourhood, you lose the sense of which way is which. I've done it incrementally, one or two steps changed in one or more value to move the lot about. I think the Lot Adjuster can automatically adjust for terrain height - handy in most situations. I don't usually do that with the LA but then I like to hand craft things. I've used hood replacer too which is really easy with custom maps from SC4. Stick a road where you want the lot, use the map to make a neighbourhood and then remove the road again in SimCity 4 and replace the hood terrain.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:31 PM
Yeah, the Lot Adjuster can adjust for the total elevation of a lot, but it still can't adjust for slope within a lot. So, if you move a lot from a flat area to a sloped one, it'll flatten the area underneath the lot in its new location. Which can be OK if you've planned ahead, but on the other hand it can be hard to tell, from neighborhood view, if an area is flat or not...other than flattening the area you intend to move the lot to to check...but then if you don't like that area flattened, you can't just undo it, so...Yeah, it can be fiddly. I've never tried moving a lot with SimPE, but I imagine the issues are similar.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:13 PM Last edited by Innely : 1st Aug 2018 at 9:55 PM.
Thank you everyone. I was able to do it with Lot Adjuster, and didn't have much problems, thanks to your tips ^^
The program is really good, it has features that I was looking for months and didn't know where to find. Thanks again!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
You might find some of Moo's other lot utilities useful - she wrote really handy things. I use the Grid Adjuster all the time though that needs you to have a similar spatial imagination.