Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 448 (Who?), Viewed: 11665 times.
Page 18 of 18
Alchemist
#426 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 7:19 PM
I finally changed the grease board calendar and wrote down any upcoming appointments (another one with Colleen to air grievances about my psyche.) And to check off my number of times I brushed my teeth (I gave up at one point because I had "British" teeth, where my teeth required thousands of dollars of work to remain in my mouth.) In reality I lined the pockets of a dentist in Seattle who races Formula 1 cars in Italy with the needed money for Italy and F1 racing. At least it wasn't scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef for deformed fish for the waiting room aquarium tank (the office I visit is just bare bones, no aquarium). Plus my dentists would yell at me, not to mention my orthodontist when I needed braces as a teenager went to the same dental school as my last dentist in Seattle.

I almost did a selfie of my teeth to show my mother I was brushing. Basically, this is in conjunction with the dentist. I decided to be on the safe side of aggression and brush 3 times a day, mainly because I have an appointment at the end of next month and I am currently working with a point system to earn money back.

As weird as this is, the fact dentists are my worst enemies is reason I want to change that and debunk it because I have a rather mellow dentist assigned to me.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#427 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 10:33 PM
God damnit, it's now 10:30 and I've just spent the past hour watching Bob Ross videos...

In other words, I'm very calm right now. But on with the dissertation...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#428 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 10:48 AM
I considered locking myself in the restroom and downing pills. I didn't. I'm getting better at this.

- Sent from my iHell
Top Secret Researcher
#429 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:25 AM
@Livdeer I'm really sorry you feel that way, I wish I could say something to help but I'm right there in that same pit with you it seems. It's a horrible feeling so I hope you feel better, I really do.

I just woke up after crying myself to sleep, now I want to go back to sleep and stay there
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 6:04 PM
Put in a holiday at work so I could take my pet for an op today. The vet said we needed to cut up a sock and slip it over the ferret to cover up his battle scar so he doesn't scratch and pull his stiches. Watching him scamper about looking like something out of Where's Wally? has been somewhat amusing.

Of course, come bedtime it'll be a completely different story. I'll be filled with dread because following my epic novel in the Vent thread, I finally spoke to one of the supervisors regarding the colleague who keeps sending work related emails to my personal email address. There was a re-shuffle in the seating plan at work and, as of today, I have to sit righ next to her (FML!) but the superdupervisor has assured me that a) he will not suffer drama queens and will not hesitate to pull her up on her theatrics no matter how much she threatens him with trips to HR and b) he will be having words about sending work-related emails to external addresses. Without my consent to receive work emails at home this is a breach of GDPR... ah those four letters bring me such joy! So yeah, by tomorrow when I get in, she'll have been told, she'll clearly know it was me who complained and my general desk area is going to be SUCH a fun place to be.

.:: B2 SIMS ::.
All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.
Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
Alchemist
#431 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 7:57 PM
Taking it easy. Our local pizzeria reopened today after they originally went on vacation. We suspect a death in the family. But they were closed for roughly 2 months.

But as for me, next to me is my cat, curled into a ball, loudly cleaning her fur on her belly and shoulders. She has zero concept of personal space. In fact, that's part of the cat's being.

Just been thinking about Lee Unkrich. I still wonder, out of all the types of men I go for, why him? He looks like Ricardo Montalban in life when he was younger (1970s), but his voice is slightly deep with a bit of a whine. Judging on his monkey face equivalency, he barely registers any semblance to any primates on Earth. Kind of scrawny.

Where I live, I'm on the outer edge of Florence. So me and my uncle in Easton, PA should expect dumpings of rain and muggy humidity in the coming days.

Alchemist
#432 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:33 PM
My biggest problem is when I get flustered, I don't fully comprehend what I'm saying and agree to things. I don't know what I agreed to do with my mother-in-law, but she's picking me up at 10:30 tomorrow. I think I'm spending time with her and my nephew... but I'm not fully sure?

Alchemist
Original Poster
#433 Old Yesterday at 1:35 AM
I have a headache. It has been one of those days.

I'm currently taking a break from sims. I'm thinking about adding a internet break into the mix. In theory, having all this free time sounds wonderful, but then I'd have to deal with the nonsense here on the home front. Seriously, I'm not the frickin' maid. I don't care about the demon spiders that live downstairs, it isn't my job to clean up down there. If people can find hours to sit in front of the boob tube, they can take 10 minutes to vacuum.

My bullshit meter is full. It needs new batteries or to be reset.
Theorist
#434 Old Yesterday at 3:24 AM
I declare an international holiday where every Sept. 18th Gargoyle Cat gets the day off.

Can I get an Aye or a Nay?

When there is a space to keep, beyond limited joy
The sky is wide and deep, and nothing left to employ
When there is love to share, you have to handle with care
Just take one half each, and there is Dub on the beach
Field Researcher
#435 Old Yesterday at 9:20 AM
I have a huge crack in my big toenail, no idea what happened. I always wear good shoes, never worn sandals for years. It's extremely painful but has no signs of being ingrown or infected. Idk what to do!!

- Sent from my iHell
Alchemist
#436 Old Yesterday at 6:48 PM
I babysat my nephew all day (or atleast until he had school at 1pm). It was awesome. My Mother-in-law (not really my mother-in-law, but my Boyfriend's mother. SORRY @HAYWUD) was happy to get stuff done instead of looking after him all day and I got to spend time with my nephew without my boyfriend being there - because he tends to steal the limelight while I'm just stood there.

In the afternoon, me and the boyfriend went to the supermarket. We bought some kiwi berries. I didn't know they were a thing... turns out they are... and I'm stupidly allergic to them.

Top Secret Researcher
#437 Old Yesterday at 6:58 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 Did you really need to @ me on that? Geez I thought someone actually messaged me because of the notification. Spamming my inbox, what's wrong with you? Maybe you need to change the word "boyfriend" to "husband" since you seem think you're married already. Is that how you guys over there in the UK think about relationships? So by that logic if I moved to the UK and met a girl and started going steady would she be my wife?

I'm pretending to be happy, it's not working very well. I found a razor blade in my closet, I might use that later since the knife I was using isn't very sharp anymore.
Alchemist
#438 Old Yesterday at 7:34 PM
@haywud Yes.
"Going steady"? How old are you?! Do people even say that these days? British people don't seem to... maybe you should write in brackets what that means, so that I understand. Here in Britain we have arranged marriages. I was sold to Adam's family for half of their land and a yorkshire teabag.

Alchemist
#439 Old Yesterday at 7:49 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 8:17 PM.
Well, my father went drinking again and he didn't come back until late night-early morning. I had to clean up his mess of food he left on the coffee table. Really wish he'd seek treatment, but he's not budging.

The only thing that cheered me up was my Tokyo Treat Crate came in spite of Florence imminent.

I am expecting the Japan Crate and the Umai Crate (same company, different contents: Japan Crate is a snack crate and Umai Crate is a noodle crate)

Lately, I have almost finished paying off a book I received recently that my mother paid for. (Rule in my House under Financial Code: If someone else pays for an item or one time service in your possession or records, you either work it off or it is deducted from your next pay check.)

Regarding that Code of Conduct, I brush my teeth and earn $1 per brushing to pay whatever debts or to collect as extra cash. I make $3 a day max. Beyond my ability to earn back money, I am trying to give my dentist reason to see progress in caring for my once horrible teeth and gums. Yes, I am no longer worried of the dentist. He's pretty mellow. My father, being an instigator ask me after my first appointment in GORK how long, asked "No kicking, no screaming, no choking?" (I become insanely strong when I panic. Like lift the front\rear end of a sedan? Scratch that, lift it by the undercarriage, car and all and flip it over about within 10 feet from where I stand.)

Alchemist
Original Poster
#440 Old Yesterday at 8:17 PM
Good bye what is left of hurricane Florence. The least you could do is take the humidity with you.
Alchemist
#441 Old Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Good bye what is left of hurricane Florence. The least you could do is take the humidity with you.

At least the yellow leaves on one of my trees in the front yard are falling. Autumn has arrived in my neighborhood and soon a slight chill will fill the air. Definitely time for soup and snuggling up in blankets or that special someone.

Theorist
#442 Old Today at 7:18 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 7:30 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Here in Britain we have arranged marriages. I was sold to Adam's family for half of their land and a yorkshire teabag.

Is their land able to produce tea leaves? Then your family struck the motherlode. They could become tea millionaires and pay their way in tea... what fun life that would be! :D

When there is a space to keep, beyond limited joy
The sky is wide and deep, and nothing left to employ
When there is love to share, you have to handle with care
Just take one half each, and there is Dub on the beach
Top Secret Researcher
#443 Old Today at 7:55 AM
@Bigsimsfan12 I'm 83. Wait, hold on a second here. For someone that claims to be a big sims fan you don't know what going steady means? Good lord, you're a disgrace to the Sims community and you don't deserve to play Sims 2 anymore. [You see going steady is what it means when you officially agree to be boyfriend and girlfriend. or boyfriend and boyfriend or girlfriend and girlfriend (just so no one gets all offended and tries to accuse me of being homophobic or something)]. Sold for a teabag, do you mean an actual bag with tea or another kind of teabag?
Alchemist
#444 Old Today at 11:39 AM
@haywud well butter my butt and call me Charlie! Here I was thinkin' it was somethin' to do with balance. We don't have girlfriends and boyfriends in Britain! Just our 'crumpet companion'. To commemorate our relationship, we butter crumpets together and go to dos once a fortnight. Then if they turn out to be a jolly good time, we write a letter to the Queen asking for marriage. Tootlepip!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#445 Old Today at 1:12 PM
Mad Poster
#446 Old Today at 3:13 PM
That is just beyond adorable!

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Top Secret Researcher
#447 Old Today at 4:16 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 Well Charlie (sorry, I would do other part but it sounds a bit sexual plus you're too far away anyway) I thought it had something to do with that old Balance Board thing for the Nintendo Wii, but thankfully Wikipedia was able to tell me the proper usage of that (thank god for google or I would never know anything!). So when you actually do propose to someone (if that's even a thing for you Brits) do you just give them a crumpet and ask them to spend their lives with you before the letter to the Queen? You see here in America we have this thing called "engagement" that you do before marriage. You give someone a ring that you should never actually be able to afford (but that's okay because we Americans like to spend a fortune on most things anyway) and then ask someone to marry you and you become engaged. I know, I know, your tiny British brain can't comprehend all of this advanced information so I want to apologize if any of it is confusing.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#448 Old Today at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
That is just beyond adorable!

I have relatives that had a really big Doberman. The dog was tall enough so that he could park his butt on the couch while keeping all four of his feet on the floor.

When said relatives had company and the dog wanted to be part of whatever was going on, he would literally back his butt up and sit in between whoever was sitting on the couch or love seat. Most people that spent time at the house were all dog lovers and just accepted this as normal behavior. For the non-dog lovers, they were freaked out by the dog because of his breed, then were not impressed by the dog wanting family time in his own way.
Alchemist
#449 Old Today at 5:02 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 6:14 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I have relatives that had a really big Doberman. The dog was tall enough so that he could park his butt on the couch while keeping all four of his feet on the floor.

When said relatives had company and the dog wanted to be part of whatever was going on, he would literally back his butt up and sit in between whoever was sitting on the couch or love seat. Most people that spent time at the house were all dog lovers and just accepted this as normal behavior. For the non-dog lovers, they were freaked out by the dog because of his breed, then were not impressed by the dog wanting family time in his own way.

Actually, I was friends with a Doberman when I was a small child. Although in terms of showing affection, she would aggressively lick your face. She was one of the few dogs in my family's pack. BTW, we've been running low on dogs, and cats are taking over.

Lately, I have been seeing strange visions. No, they weren't of love or dried sugar dusted fruit. I have a sneaking suspicion something hides in the forest and it hides in various spots around town. The town I live in is barely 100 years old as a town, but the tavern across the river has been part of New Jersey since the Pre-Revolution Colonial era.

Maybe I am stressed from my dad drinking and my mom telling me addiction is an incurable disease. Right now, I haven't the slightest idea how to feel.

But on the bright side, I watched Cartoon Network and a preview for Total Dramarama, (based on the Total Drama metaseries) a spin off in the style of shows that show famous characters as small children or toddlers, came on and noticed Jude Lizowski from 6teen appears as a rather mellow 5-year old. (Not much of a coincidence, since 6teen, Stoked and the Total Drama metaseries were made by the same people).

Either way, things were fine today until my mother played "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett and the Uniion Gap. I always hated such songs, it's not the vocal range, nor the instrumental. It's the lyrics. For fuck's sakes, Abraham! I'm turning 31 in a month!

My life is demolition derby fodder in terms of how it's going. My "where there's a will there's a way" spirit is crushed like sandcastles by reckless people who have no concept of empathy.

Page 18 of 18