Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 639 (Who?), Viewed: 17907 times.
Page 26 of 26
Inventor
#626 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:45 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of my knee surgery, what with bathrooms and bedrooms upstairs and kitchen downstairs. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to lose weight! When I was in grad school, my student loan check got lost, and I lost 30 pounds in a month. I looked great! I figure I'll get some powdered protein and maybe some cans of spinach and chicken.
My laptop is acting up so I have a new one on order. I'm looking forward to setting it up! I'm not going to lay there for a week staring at the ceiling because it's screen gave out. Nope, gonna get famous in Sims 4.
I need a little table I can use on my lap, I can make one out of some lumber and plywood in the garage. New books are arriving! I got a "new" used copy of Thomas' "Calculus and Analytic Geometry" today. Meh, kinda slick and dumbed down from the older edition, but not as tedious. You should see what passes for the old edition of Afrkin's "Mathematical Methods for Physicist" now. Uh! At least I have a really sturdy copy of Morse and Feshbach but I no way with pain pills am I up to M&F!
The doctor's instructions say I need someone to take care of me for just the first 24 hours. That's good news. I had to take a month of Family Medical Leave for my wife's surgery. If something really bad happened, my wife might help. My expectations for layup time may have been pessimistic.
I've been practicing getting around on one leg using my wife's walker and crutches from her knee replacement.
My knee is getting worse. Ice packs and rum spiked lemonade helps.
I'm training my dog, Schrodinger, to fetch food for me. Every time we try to get her to bring sausage, she comes upstairs with nothing. She's getting fat for some reason. Curious. Do you think she's sick?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#627 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 10:45 PM
I think she's one smart puppy.

Let us know how you get along.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
Original Poster
#628 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of my knee surgery, what with bathrooms and bedrooms upstairs and kitchen downstairs.

Any chance you know somebody that has a small fridge ( think like those used in dorm rooms) that you can borrow temporarily? A cooler would work as well, but hobbling around to drain water out / fill with ice isn't a good idea.
Alchemist
#629 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Avoiding my father during his detoxing.

He's trying to get better, but the hard part is being quiet. I can be quite noisy and if I am concentrated on something, I can be extremely quiet.

I'm planning to spend the next 3 days not speaking starting at sunset at 4:41PM tonight. I want to see how far I can go at non-vocal communication.

I failed and quit at 53:57:00 remaining, barely 24 hours. My parents kept forcing me to talk. They won, I lost. I'm trying to rest my voice for once.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#630 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Any chance you know somebody that has a small fridge ( think like those used in dorm rooms) that you can borrow temporarily? A cooler would work as well, but hobbling around to drain water out / fill with ice isn't a good idea.

That is a GOOD idea. They aren't all that expensive. You (Emmett) can probably buy one pretty cheaply.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Inventor
#631 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
That is a GOOD idea. They aren't all that expensive. You (Emmett) can probably buy one pretty cheaply.

It is a good idea! Having known what to look for, I checked out a couple of yard sales. $25! I hope it works, I've not plugged it in yet. Still gotta find a place for it, and when I'm done with it, $15 to take to the dump.
So, it looks like salads and cut ham and cheese are back on the menu!
Thanks!

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#632 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Nov 2018 at 1:56 PM.
Aside from my 3 day silence vow disrupted by my parents at about 18-19 hours in, I could only daydream of me and Lee singing the duet of "You and I" from Ingrid Michaelson...He's set up shop in my brain and not going anywhere soon.

I tried one of the bath bombs and the ring's gem resembles a garnet cut in a square shape. I smell sweet, but I am alone tonight. As far as I know, my parents have graveyard shifts tonight. These issues of isolation and abandonment are pretty deep seated.

Today, I just spent the day calculation my expenses for December and my parents haven't given me a wish to work with. That's the only thing I can think about that makes me hate Christmas. I hate shopping for others because they treat me like I'm a mind reader. (I can see about up to 20 years into the future, my father and one of his younger sisters can read minds)

Alchemist
Original Poster
#633 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 2:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
It is a good idea! Having known what to look for, I checked out a couple of yard sales. $25! I hope it works, I've not plugged it in yet. Still gotta find a place for it, and when I'm done with it, $15 to take to the dump.
So, it looks like salads and cut ham and cheese are back on the menu!
Thanks!

Excellent! Glad I offer some useful advice.

On a completely unrelated note, anybody want me to clean their couch? We can exchange embarrassing stories about whose was dirtier.

I couldn't stand the stink downstairs anymore, so I caved and bought a Bissell Spotbot . I went to Lowes for it as it comes with a 2 year warranty, so if it breaks or whatever, all I'll have to do is call Bissell and then go back to the store. I didn't feel like fussing with Amazon since I'm not a fan a Bissell in the first place.

The filth that came out of the couch downstairs was comparable to people walking around on the couch with muddy combat boots on. It was beyond nasty. On the flip side, it no longer smells like a fart down there or a baboon butt as I've been calling it. I have no idea what a actual baboon butt smells like, but I'm going with it is something like the couch pre-cleaned. After I finished that, I did the area rugs, then came upstairs and did my office rug. Such exciting life I have...

My only beef with the machine at the moment is the fill tank is tiny. It isn't meant to clean wall to wall carpeting or anything like that. And of course, Bissell wants people to use a ridiculous amount of cleaning solution which I didn't do. I used roughly a cap full of the sample sized bottles the machine came with per fill. The more cleaner used, the more it gunks up the fibers in the fabric which means the surface ( carpet, upholstery, ect...) collects more dirt. Nobody needs that.

Tomorrow I'm tackling the upholstery in the car. I suspect it is going to be just as gross as the couch was.
Alchemist
#634 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Nov 2018 at 12:07 PM.
Still sick. Every 7-10 years, I get a sickness that makes me worry about my fearless leader image. If anyone finds out what it is, I will catch you and you are dead courtesy of Clint and Morgan

Otherwise, my parents gave me their Christmas wishes. My mother wants blue mukluk styled sneakers (She's not one for UGGs) a $25 gift card to Michael's (one of a number of craft stores).

My father, being vague, asked for a book. Now, granted, he has enough books on fungi, lichen and molds of all sorts when exploring Northeastern Pennsylvania, Northwestern New Jersey and Southwestern New York state. Any further inward and he'd be in Canada. Reminds me of a man hiking through Poland and ended up in Slovakia when he finally reached civilization again.

#635 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:03 AM
I have been bored lately.

Bad weather basically canceled all classes on Thursday, and my season (at work, I had a seasonal position) ended in early November, so I spent the last several days with nothing to do other than play video games. I do have class tomorrow, and I'm seriously hoping this one doesn't get canceled so I can get back on my normal schedule. But Thanksgiving break is pretty close, leaving me with nothing to do for several more days. My mom's going out of town, leaving me with the animals. (I'm not too concerned/stressed about that though, I just have to make sure they have enough food and that the dogs go outside periodically.)

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#636 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 5:43 PM
I'm stressed as fuck. Fucking fuck.

No job. Barely any money and I get evicted in 3 days. No where to go.

Might join the circus. Become an acrobat and get shot from a cannon. New career idea. Fuck teaching. Snooty dillholes.

/wɒt Iz lʌv?/
/beɪbi dəʊnt həːt miː/
/dəʊnt həːt miː/
/nəʊ mɔː/
Alchemist
Original Poster
#637 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 8:10 PM
My head feels 10 pounds lighter. I let all the air out of it.

I usually have my mop chopped in late spring as I can't stand long hair being on my neck during the warmer / hot months. I'm a few months behind as I was sick most of the summer, so my hair was down to my waist. I finally got tired of braids or a messy bun, so the out-of-control, curly mess is now back to shoulder length and is now even more unruly due to the lack of weight.

I usually get confused looks when I do this. First comes all the questions about what I do to my hair ( flat iron, blow dry, ect...) which I don't do any of that, then usually I get a sideways glance when it comes to taking off length. I didn't get any looks about the length, but I did get a curious glance about the lack of torture I apply to my hair. I'm not one of those people who cares to spend 2 hours frying my hair. It is a total waste of time because as soon as it gets wet or humidity hits it, it does whatever it wants anyway.

Low maintenance is not a dirty word.
Alchemist
#638 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:35 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 1:39 PM.
Had to go to the emergency room. Long story short, I have a problem, which I won't disclose to the lot of you and it may require an overnight stay if they can find me a bed to find the problem and fix it.

So I'm angry, failing to submit samples of any sort and I'm waiting to be seen.

7:15PM
Gave blood after 5 attempts. Right now, waiting for test results. I may need a device for my body.

7:30PM
Awaiting a CAT scan. My father joked about them calling in a "Dr. House" type doctor (great diagnosis, lousy bedside manner) for my condition.

Unfortunately I am in close proximity some guy who is using the word "fuck" like every 2-3 words. Only thing separating us is a curtain.

Not fond that my father stepped out for a walk.

9:45PM
They will let me go if I submit to a painful and embarrassing process. I have been hooked up to saline.

Aftermath: I have been poked and prodded a number of times, with some big bruises and although I recovered, it's best not to ask me how I ended up in the hospital in the first place.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#639 Old Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Fantastic.

The chairs I complained about yesterday are looking much better. The fabric is the color it should be now. It was worth the time despite my grumbling about it. The bookcase that was driving me nuts has been decluttered with no prompting or mentioning of it from me. There is a box of books ready for donation, the bathroom downstairs has been scrubbed clean, ( again, with no prompting from me) and the panic over the lack of Clorox wipes to clean remote controls with was settled.

This OCD thing must be catchy. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but when people take some initiative to deal with their stuff, I celebrate it. Now if others would take that same initiative and learned how to cook, that would be wonderful. Since I get eye rolls over making spaghetti sauce in the Vitamix, it's time for people to learn to make it the 'better' way, or so I'm told. That 'better way' is to let it simmer all day like a stew. It should be noted that nobody has ever run around the house like their hair is on fire because a spaghetti sauce came out of the Vitamix. There is never any leftovers, so I guess it couldn't be that bad.
Lab Assistant
#640 Old Today at 12:19 AM
I've had four days of being stress-free but the closer it gets to bedtime tonight, the more apprehensive about work tomorrow because the drama queen will be back in (see my posts in the 'Vent' thread). On the plus side, I've got a catch up meeting scheduled with my manager, so I can discuss the volatile working situation with him. I'm sure he#ll be just as bored with the situation as I am.

Aside from that, I'm feeling okay. Currently cuddled up with my pet ferret. I say cuddled - he picked my lap as his new bed. Pet cuddles always improve the mood.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Page 26 of 26