Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:32 AM
Default Talk about...
Talk about Abduction.
There a mod out there to talk about being abducted like the built in talk about travels?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:48 AM
Not that I know of, but that's a good idea. Maybe post it to the mods you want to see thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 2:24 AM
-nods- Can do. If I knew where that thread was.
Now if only more of Strangetown's yokels would get abducted by aliens rather then the Beakers...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 2:45 AM
Somewhere in main sims 2 chat, it's posted to often enough, so first page or two?

haha.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 3:47 AM
If you're talking about what shows up in the conversation bubbles. Those are just collections of icons, so you can change those icons to whatever you want. Here's an example set. https://keoni-chan.livejournal.com/36257.html
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 4:03 AM
@Sunrader Yes that is a very useful mod to have, I have it in my game I downloaded the Basegame and Pets and the conversation bubbles for most of them always comes up.
I do have Freetime EP but I removed a long time ago it cause me problems, maybe later I will reinstalled and try again.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 4:15 AM
No they are referring to how sims can 'talk about travels' they would like a 'talk about abductions' I think it only shows as an option if the sim has travelled to a BV destination, so here it would only be available to sims who have been abducted. I'm sure it would be quite possible to make if someone has the skills.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:53 PM
CJH_BookClubEnabled.zip (6.7 kB) Freetime or higher required. Already included in so not compatible with A&N
This is an old file I've had sitting around for a while.

Maxis added (internally called Book Club) discussing books to sim's pie menus that have a FilmLit HobbyEnthusiasm of 300 or more but left it incomplete and disabled, it is the same as is on bookcases but no bookcase is required. This completes and enables that plus:
I added discussing 'the Birds and Bees' by parents to their older children and younger teens, children must have less than three days left and teens must have more than seven. That is a basegame Maxis thing that was never completed or enabled.
Now I have added discussing alien abduction by sims that have memories of either Alien Abduction (Good and Bad), Sim Abducted (witnessed other sim) or Met Alien. The interaction is based on talk about travels and since it uses those animations it has the same EP requirement. It uses the icons from discuss sci-fi (which are carried over to AL and M&G so FT not required).
Alchemist
#9 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 3:14 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 17th Aug 2019 at 3:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
CJH_BookClubEnabled.zip (6.7 kB) Freetime or higher required. Already included in so not compatible with A&N
This is an old file I've had sitting around for a while.

Awesome! <3 Thank you so much! Will they talk about these things autonomously? Or can they? I know how to make object interactions autonomous but it doesn't always work with social interactions.
Theorist
#10 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 3:19 PM
Thank you, Chris! :lovestruc

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Will they talk about these things autonomously? Or can they? I know how to make object interactions autonomous but it doesn't always work with social interactions.

Probably not, at least I've never seen it occur autonomously. It's not a social plug-in but an enabling of what is already on the sim pie menu and it is enabled autonomously but doesn't advertise any motives. That doesn't mean it won't kick in autonomously though, the game can advertise random extra social motive for every social interaction depending on season.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 10:13 PM
I have seen talk about travel happen autonomously in my game.

I can't wait to test this in my game (to see if it doesn't conflict with anything else I use)- I absolutely love the idea of them having more specific things to talk about. It just makes sense in addition to hobbies or travel or their majors at university

They should be able to talk about their family, or their job, or whether they are part of a Greek House or whatever. I use the "ask" function all the time when on outings, but you can't use it with people in the same household cause it's essentially designed to tell you what a sim's job is rather than to allow them to be excited about it.
Scholar
#13 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 1:45 AM
Wow, thanks Chris!!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2