Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

College Tuition and Student Loans

by kestrellyn Posted 24th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 6:05 AM by kestrellyn

188 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#176 Old 11th Oct 2023 at 2:52 AM
That one does not conflict with this, I actually use it, too.
Test Subject
#177 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 6:45 PM
Ok, so...It's still not working. I've tried it in both my current set up and in a vanilla, all mods and cc removed test game.
Here is what does work:
Initialize a loan
Set payee
Set sponsor
Set interest rate
Remove token

What doesn't work
Scholarships to family funds/scholarships to college fund: I can toggle them, but it doesn't work in that scholarships still go to family funds.
Pay loans: this never shows up. I've played through multiple semesters in my regular game and one semester in a test game, I could never pay back the loan.

Haven't been able to test:
Inherit loan
Whether or not interest accrues
whether or not payee receives money or sponsor pays money

If you tell me how to generate a error log or any other information that would be helpful in figuring it out i'd be happy to help.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 8:57 PM
I'm having the same issue where there's no popup stating the student's been charged for the semester and money isn't taken from their accounts. This started after I updated the hack. I thought it was a hack conflict but the HDCU doesn't generate one. I've removed all mods except those related to modded files in my Program Files folder.

I've followed your suggestions to others with putting a z in front of the file, putting it in a folder with a z, running the game with TCE to see if I get a popup--nothing. I'm kinda bummed because my Pleasantview Rotation relies on this as one of the core mods for keeping wealth in check. Is there a way to go back to other versions of the hack? Or am I missing another required mod? I usually run this with InTeen but once I realized the mod stopped working, I generated a fresh Documents folder for ts2 and have been testing with the minimal mods as seen in the pic.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#179 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 9:40 PM
Thank you so much for this mod, it's really creative!

There's one issue that is happening in my game. I have UC and HCDU shows no conflicts with the mod. However, from what I've tested in 3 different households (including children, teens, adults and elders), the interest doesn't apply, even though I've set to 10% or 2%. In the pie-menu, it always shows the same deposit/loan value that I put initially. And it could be a problem of not updating the value, but it's not the case: when I pay back the loan or withdraw the deposit, no interest is applied by looking at the household funds. And in the case of adults and elders, I tried both asking for a loan from a neighbor and acquire student loans from the past education: still, no interest is applied. And I tested an in-game whole week.

I would really appreciate your help! Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 15th Oct 2023 at 7:28 AM
Apologies, guys, I don't have time to test it out right now because I'm currently out of town helping my dad out after a surgery, but I think I know what the problem is so I've uploaded a quick fix. Let me know if it worked.
Test Subject
#181 Old 15th Oct 2023 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Apologies, guys, I don't have time to test it out right now because I'm currently out of town helping my dad out after a surgery, but I think I know what the problem is so I've uploaded a quick fix. Let me know if it worked.

Interest is applied now! Thank you so much for the quick fix!
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 15th Oct 2023 at 9:43 PM

Thank you! It's working again! Wishing your dad a speedy recovery
Screenshots
Test Subject
#183 Old 17th Oct 2023 at 10:33 PM Last edited by slhancox : 22nd Oct 2023 at 1:19 AM.

No apologies necessary. Take care of your dad. I'll try it out again. Thanks for all you do.

Edit to add: It worked perfectly in a vanilla test game!!! It will be a bit before I'm back through my rotation to test in my main modded game, but I'm optimistic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 6:48 PM
This mod is a must in my gameplay! So I need to thank you again for this!

I noticed a tiny bug, only when I initialize the token as an adult and ask for a loan from some other sim. It only happens with the value 5k (the other values are correct and I've tested them all). My sim receives 15k from the loan instead of 5k. Everything is correct when I pay back loans, the sim pays 5k. Only when receiving is the 15k value.

I have the collegetuiton+term_required and the load order is as advised. I tried to look at the initialize interaction in SimPE but I don't quite understand what is wrong. Honestly it's such a tiny bug and there are tons of ways around. I just wanted to report it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#185 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 2:16 AM
Thanks for the report (and thanks for testing out the other options and functions to give an exact description of the problem)! If you redownload, it should be fixed now.
Test Subject
#186 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 1:11 PM
Sorry to bother you again kestrellyn. I noticed that households (with loans which have interest) living in shopping districts, their interest won't accrue. I have multiple subhoods and I also tested on the first shopping district I added in my save, and it doesn't work for any subhood. From my tests, it does work for households living in the main hood and in downtown, just not for the shopping districts.

Thank you so much again! Your mod is amazing and thank you for fixing my previous reports really fast!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 6:07 AM
Thanks for the report, I think it's getting caught by the check to make sure it's not in a vacation hood. There isn't any neighborhood code in the game listed for shopping districts, so I don't know what that is, but I modified it to check for just the specific codes for the vacation hoods, so hopefully that should fix it.
Test Subject
#188 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 10:11 AM
Thanks for the report, I think it's getting caught by the check to make sure it's not in a vacation hood. There isn't any neighborhood code in the game listed for shopping districts, so I don't know what that is, but I modified it to check for just the specific codes for the vacation hoods, so hopefully that should fix it.

Now it works! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 1:25 AM
I don't think I really need this mod. It doesn't have to be that realistic. Considering technology went backwards in 25 years, a season lasts 5 days, a year is 25, etc. I don't need college tuition. But then again, I downloaded a period mod, so I might as well torture the guys as well. Equality! I could just drown one random male townie in a pool every time a female is on her period. Or is that too far?

Also, where do people inherit student loans?
Page 8 of 8