Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:14 AM
You put the class inside the namespace but you created a second namespace. No the class shownotification will go inside the first one and the 2nd one is not needed. Infact having two namespaces with the same name will not work.

The code should be
All the usings at the top
Than the namespace
And everything inside the namespace

FOr eg.
namespace TheSweetSimmer
{ //the curly brace meaning the namespace starts here

public class WaveHello... //The ... is the code isnide the { and } of WaveHello class

private sealed class ShowNotification : ImmediateInteraction<Sim, Sim> // Again the ... is the code inside the { and of ShowNotification, i'm not writing the whole code here

} //namespace TheSweetSimmer ends here

Don't create a second namespace.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Space Pony
#27 Old 11th May 2019 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Battery : 11th May 2019 at 4:17 PM.
Hey PuddingFace,
thanks for considering my Utility mod there might be some changes coming relatively soon. (When i figured out some things)
I would be interested in what you want to do with it when the time comes to see if i can help by providing features you might need

@ TheSweetToddler or is it TheSweetSimmer as your Coder configuration ?

Maybe a bit of Basics whats what could help (im just posting some things in case you are interested)

As Pudding face pointed out declaring the namespace again is redundant but you shuld have no problems with two of the same namespaces.

So here some basics, you can tell me if you are interested in these things, or if you already know the meanings of things like these and i will stop bugging you two.

1. A namespace is necessarily not needed in a Program. Its purpose is to organize your project. This is Important for larger Projects like Games where multiple People work on one thing.
For Sims 3 Modding it seems to be required. So if you have a small scoped Project you really only need one Namespace and put everything in it.*

2. A class is a combination of Data and or Functions(Methods) in the C-Family of Programming languages the { and } serve the same purpose they encapsulate the Code that belongs to the thing that stood before the "{"
eg.
public class Addition
{
int Number =0;

public void Increase()
{
Number++;
}
}

This small class has a Integer Variable Named Number which default value is set to 0. It also contains a Method "Increase" thats contains the instructions in itself between the {}

and you seem to miss a } at the end

*Sometimes you want to organize your project by splitting your classes across multiple files. Then you would need to declare the same namespace multiple times, once for each file. But this is just a side note and can be ignored until you are working on large projects
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 4:52 PM
@Battery I'm really sorry I never responded before, I must have not seen this message. Anyways, thank you for your tips! And you can always hang around to help me if you want
I've recently been very busy though, building a new website and sorting out new mods, I'll most probably continue on this project very soon.

P.S. you can call me whatever you want, TheSweetToddler, TheSweetSimmer, Sweet, Sav or anything related to that lol

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Page 2 of 2