Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:28 PM
Looks fun! I'll start it today
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:59 AM
I looked back at this challenge and, sadly, Windows 8 won't allow TS2 and I don't have TS3. So currently, I am modifying this challenge for Life Stories. Right now I'm on Gen 3 and the oldest in this generation becomes a teen in 3 days. I clearly have a long way to go xD

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Wow. This will surely last a long, long time! In real life, 100 generations will take up 20 centuries, assuming that 5 generations can fit within 1 century (a person can be born at the beginning of a century and has a child at age 20, and this continues on until the end of the century). Assuming that 4 generations can fit within 1 generation (that is, a person reproduces at 25 years of age or every quarter of the century), 100 generations mean 25 centuries or 2500 years. Assuming that 6 generations can fit within 1 century (that is, every person reproduces at around 16 years of age), 100 generations mean approximately 16 centuries or 1600 years. Because humans usually reproduce anytime between 16 and 25, sometimes earlier and sometimes later, I would estimate the number of centuries to be roughly 1600 years to 2500 years, from the ancient world to the modern age.

That said, this challenge can complement the Test of Time Challenge, as that challenge stretches from the Neolithic era to the Modern Age. Though, 1600 to 2500 years ago is not really the Neolithic era; it's the Ancient World.

This challenge is going to be on my to-do list.

Dear God xD I actually looked at the Test of Time Challenge for the first time yesterday and I love it, but can't do half the stuff because of stupid Windows 8 not allowing TS2 and the fact that I don't have TS3 doesn't help either. But let me know how it goes! And impressive math skills by the way, that hurt my brain :P

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:58 AM
This sounds fun I will try it for the sims 4!
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:48 PM
I'll give it a try though the most Generations I've gotten up to is the average 10
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:02 PM
Looks cool! It'll be nice to challenge myself and see how far i can get.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 3:48 AM
this is cool, I'm doing one as well and I'm on my 2nd gen almost 3rd, I'm doing the 1k baby challenge with it, I'm on 18 kids and expecting more.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:56 PM
I'm looking for a challenge so gonna give this a go,only ever made it to 10 and that was years ago and I did it by the book. Would be fun to reattempt a legacy and then push it to the extreme, 100! lol :-) Although, since getting to 100 is a challenge in itself, I'm not going to focus on anything other than getting there for the first attempt, of course w/o cheats/mods. Actually think I'll try it vanilla (no cc). Gonna take a prtscrn of each one in adulthood, wish we still had the sims 2 site to load our stories.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM
Still on 2nt gen, and on 27 kids, I think I've lost track of how many kids each gen has. Ima recount
Scholar
#37 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:00 AM
A new layer of the challenge: Use base Strangetown and pray the town doesn't explode.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:40 PM
I miscounted by 1 child, there are 26 children, my sim is about to have her child(ren) very soon, I'll update as soon as she has her child(ren)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th May 2017 at 2:28 AM
I'm now at 30 children. My sim had quadruplets right after all the other kids moved out of the house... yey...
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:43 PM
I want to do a super big generation challenge but they scare me! I love love love doing several generations but I get so invested and attached to my sims I can't handle it when things don't go as planned. I normally play without rules and guidelines, just playing the game however I liked. This one time I was only at 3 generations before the game started to glitch. My family tree became super wonky.

Little Katie was having a birthday party because she was growing up from a sweet little toddler to a child. Sadly the spotlight was taken from her because her family went insane. Brandon was Katie's dad and Luke was Katie's grandfather. But for some reason Brandon and Luke were no longer listed as father and son. Instead they loved each other! And they started making out right in the middle of the kitchen. Katie's grandmother (Luke's wife, Jessica) became furious that her husband was cheating on her (with their son no less!) and slapped him then ran off crying. Brandon's brothers (both still teenagers) were still listed as his brothers and the sons of Luke and Jessica. So they were devastated to see their parents fighting. Now Brandon's wife had been out of the room when her husband decided to start making out with his father (again, not listed as son and father on family tree but as in love?) so she wasn't fazed by it at all and poor little Katie had grown up without anyone noticing because 6PM passed during the entire fiasco.

This challenge scares me because I'd hate to put a ton of work in it for the entire family to derail after only making it to three generation.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th May 2017 at 1:24 AM
Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that I am counting the founders as generation 1, so I'm almost halfway done with generation 2(I hate it when I do other challenges to where I need to change how long their lifespan is, and it messes up how long my sims in this challenge live for) both my sims in gen 2 are sill young adults.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th May 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taylor1103
I want to do a super big generation challenge but they scare me! I love love love doing several generations but I get so invested and attached to my sims I can't handle it when things don't go as planned. I normally play without rules and guidelines, just playing the game however I liked. This one time I was only at 3 generations before the game started to glitch. My family tree became super wonky.

Little Katie was having a birthday party because she was growing up from a sweet little toddler to a child. Sadly the spotlight was taken from her because her family went insane. Brandon was Katie's dad and Luke was Katie's grandfather. But for some reason Brandon and Luke were no longer listed as father and son. Instead they loved each other! And they started making out right in the middle of the kitchen. Katie's grandmother (Luke's wife, Jessica) became furious that her husband was cheating on her (with their son no less!) and slapped him then ran off crying. Brandon's brothers (both still teenagers) were still listed as his brothers and the sons of Luke and Jessica. So they were devastated to see their parents fighting. Now Brandon's wife had been out of the room when her husband decided to start making out with his father (again, not listed as son and father on family tree but as in love?) so she wasn't fazed by it at all and poor little Katie had grown up without anyone noticing because 6PM passed during the entire fiasco.

This challenge scares me because I'd hate to put a ton of work in it for the entire family to derail after only making it to three generation.

I think after 3 generations, 2 people that are 'related' some how don't know they're related I have only had it happen once but I kept my game because I thought it would work well with a story, that a part of the family is incestuous
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:25 AM
This thread is dying down :l
I haven't really been playing my game, so I don't really have anything to talk about. but when I do have the confidence to deal with the giant family I've created, I will.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:13 PM
After growing a pair, I decided to try the challenge out myself! Of course, I am using Pinstar's rules, but will try to go to 100 instead of the normal 10. c:
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:25 PM
I've officially made it as far as i ever had before which would be.. 8 generations. Boy do i have some work if i want to make it to 100.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 1:35 AM
I just got seasons, and well I just found a glitch. I'm not sure how I'm going to continue, I'll try, the glitch only happens when I throw a certain party so I think my family is gonna be ok
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 3:13 AM
I'm on gen 3 now :D
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveViolet
I'm on gen 3 now :D

Awe, congrats! I lost the save with my founder so I've been set back to one again. ;-; Now I just need to figure out what it'll be this time. Male... or maybe female? Definitely adding a cat, though.

hello
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 12:47 AM
I've brought back the 1st gen ghosts and using them for money making, the family is at 33 kids and almost $100k I just hope my family don't go all incest on me...
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:57 PM
Wow. This sounds interesting (and time consuming, lol). I don't think I'd ever make it through a hundred generations though. I've never even made it through a regular 10 gen legacy, lol. I might give it a go sometime though
Page 2 of 3