Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#33576 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 11:06 PM
OK! I'll finish adding the GUIDs to the images, and put them up there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#33577 Old Yesterday at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I didn't realise, but in creating some custom careers, I found out that career outfits are made into a "set" (male/female/elder) which has a GUID rather than specifying the GUID of the clothes themselves.

In order to save myself some work, I decided to check all of the vanilla careers to see what outfit sets they are. I now have these saved as images. Where can I upload them, that they would be useful for any other career creators?

I would say add it to the existing thread that has career outfits listed if it contains different info. I thought I had a fuller list, but I can't find the accreditation so perhaps I had done it. I think having them in a list that is copy-able would be nice.

https://modthesims.info/t/293495
Mad Poster
#33578 Old Yesterday at 1:10 PM
Oh good idea. In fact, that saves me loading up SimPE trying to find all the individual GUIDs!

It doesn't contain different info but it does show you what these outfits look like. I didn't bother to check the elder or teen outfits, as I felt like the adult ones give enough of a sense of what they are.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#33579 Old Yesterday at 2:20 PM
Turning young adults into townies makes them the dormies on the university campus, right?

EDIT: I also attempted to move Sims between households (changing family IDs) while they were still in the bin with SimPE, but the game shows them as all in the original family. Should I put them all back and just do the manipulation in-game or will they place properly?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#33580 Old Yesterday at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Turning young adults into townies makes them the dormies on the university campus, right?

Yes.

Quote:
EDIT: I also attempted to move Sims between households (changing family IDs) while they were still in the bin with SimPE, but the game shows them as all in the original family. Should I put them all back and just do the manipulation in-game or will they place properly?

Back up your game and find out! If you're just looking at the thumbnails, those show the family as it was when they were last open in game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#33581 Old Yesterday at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Back up your game and find out! If you're just looking at the thumbnails, those show the family as it was when they were last open in game.

Whew, I placed them all and it was safe, they were in the correct households.

I'm now moving the original Belladonna Cove townie teens to college (and have generated more teens to repopulate the town). I'll also experiment with turning playable Sims in a dorm into dormies when the time comes.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#33582 Old Yesterday at 6:45 PM
Do any of the various traits mods around include traits for pets?
Mad Poster
#33583 Old Yesterday at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do any of the various traits mods around include traits for pets?

Pets don't have inventories, which I think is required for the traits mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#33584 Old Yesterday at 7:47 PM
Why no inventories? Traits are something you are given programmatically and have more or less permanently, and not what you need to pick up with the mouse. You can store stuff in pets inventory just the same as with other people.
Mad Poster
#33585 Old Today at 2:07 AM
The point of putting them in the inventory is so that you can see which traits the sim has by looking there.
Page 1344 of 1344