Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:30 PM
Pointless memories that have nothing to do with the gameplay.
25% of memories missing pictures
Tiny pictures that often have the target Sim hidden by a roof/car/tree
Crazy camera angles.

I mean seriously.... even if you create your own they are still miniscule and limited for comments.

Do what I have always done since TS2, pose your Sims or freeze a funny moment, take a full screen shot, and edit the screenshots into Powerpoint or similar. I use a template that I can add a screenshot with two clicks and then go to town with speech bubbles, etc and bring my Sim memories to life.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:32 AM
very true. it seems merely an advert gimmick for EA, rather than a true memory system. And the size of the photos and awkward camera makes it even tougher to catch any good moments.
Instructor
#53 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:18 AM
Actually I never liked memory system in The Sims 2, but at first I even liked it in Sims 3 Generations. My game started to run very slow after installing this EP, I didn't know why. I have short pauses every few seconds. I looked into memory book and I saw, my Sim has about 150 memories, it took 10 or 11 pages. After deleting usless mamories, he stayed with.... 10 memories. The rest was completlly unimportant for me. After that deleting of memories, game started to run a bit faster. So I really need the mod for killing, or tuning memory system, like most of the people from this threat.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:39 AM
It wouldn't be so bad if there was a toggle for the automatic memories so you could ONLY add your own story to the scrapbook and take a decent picture at the same time.

I don't understand why they would add one to stop the notifications, thus assuming you may not want them to occur at all, but still carry on merrily filling up your memory with pointless trivia.

A lot of games enable you to customise just about anything and I feel The Sims 3 would benefit from this, so instead of slowly running out of memory and processing power with each expansion, we could remove features we do not use and get some performance back.

Rant over, thanks for listening!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Mad Poster
#55 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:33 PM
My save game size was 313 mb yesterday...after deleting memories of 3 or 4 families, most of them created by the game itself...my save file went to 240 mb. I still have several more families to go, since most of them are my self-sim's relatives that I play at random.

So watch your save game size..is all I am saying. This kind of bloat is just asking for trouble.

(I don't use much custom content. I probably have a couple of house decor plants imported from the sims 2 and a few men hairs from medieval.)
Instructor
#56 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:41 PM
I have deleted few families from my town, cause I'm to lazy to jump from one to another and manually delete their memories... I'm tired of EA ideas. Like those vampires created by themselves every night. In the sims 2 I had 2 or 3 mods, cause the game was done almost perfect. In the sims 3 I need mod for almost every little detail, cause EA doesn't care about doing something good.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
I have deleted few families from my town, cause I'm to lazy to jump from one to another and manually delete their memories...

Yeah I am going to have to do that for the families who aren't related to mine, because they are racking up memories too...they just aren't getting the cutesy photos.
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:27 PM
With Generations I started a new legacy hood. After 2 sim weeks' time, my hood is getting a lag fairly often. So I quit the game and went to check my save file... 90.6MB... that's even bigger than my previous legacy hood, which I played for 7 generations!! (FYI, is 90.1MB)
I am certainly not going through every Sim's scrapbook to delete useless memories just to make my game playable! This is ridiculous!
I really really hope a mod for disabling this feature will be coming out
Theorist
#59 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:41 PM
Guys.... after you have 200 memories posted on the official site (for the freebies), just go to Options, turn off memory notification and delete all those useless memories from your sims scrapbooks. Unlink Facebook and you won't be bothered with it anymore. Of course you'll have to check and recheck the scrapbooks because the game will throw a memory or three in there while you have your back turned but its manageable. It's not rocket science!!!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:46 PM
See, that's one of the problems. I like the IDEA of a memory system, and don't really want to turn it completely off - since making my own custom memories would be great for any story families I want to make. I just HATEHATEHATE the constant memories on things that no person in their right mind would actually remember ten years down the line.

If we could turn off the AUTO memory making - or if someone could tweak them so only the really 'memorable' memories stuck - like meeting people or getting married. Then I'd be all right with it.
Instructor
#61 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 10:36 PM
even if it worked right, the pictures are just way too tiny. if I really wantd to preserve my sims 'first kiss' or whatever, the tiny thumbnail just doesn't cut it- for me.
Theorist
#62 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
See, that's one of the problems. I like the IDEA of a memory system, and don't really want to turn it completely off - since making my own custom memories would be great for any story families I want to make. I just HATEHATEHATE the constant memories on things that no person in their right mind would actually remember ten years down the line.

If we could turn off the AUTO memory making - or if someone could tweak them so only the really 'memorable' memories stuck - like meeting people or getting married. Then I'd be all right with it.

Well.. nothing you can do about Auto Memory (I'm sure someone out there is already creating a mod for it) but since I've turned it off, I use the Capture This Moment button to preserve the memories I want. I wish that EA made it so that when we hit that button, it would freeze frame so we can centre/angle/zoom in or out and take a half decent pic of the memory you want. That would be awesome.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:40 AM
I have a mod which disables the generating of the memories and auto-memories:
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2428.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#64 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:56 AM
Thanks! I will use it for sure! Pitty, you can't make your own memories, but I already love this mode, it will let me play without lags in the game (I hope so ).
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I have a mod which disables the generating of the memories and auto-memories:
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2428.0

Thank-you!!! You are really the best...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:24 PM
*simsample kisses Shimrod101*
Inventor
#67 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:53 PM
I've just uploaded a mod that disables all auto-memories, only auto-creates important ones, and a tool that lets you create your own custom mod where you can select which memories you want to still have created automatically. You can still make custom memories as you wish.
Instructor
#68 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:28 PM
I would like a mod that disables auto-memories, but let's me create them manually. Is it even possible?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geiona
With Generations I started a new legacy hood. After 2 sim weeks' time, my hood is getting a lag fairly often. So I quit the game and went to check my save file... 90.6MB... that's even bigger than my previous legacy hood, which I played for 7 generations!! (FYI, is 90.1MB)
I am certainly not going through every Sim's scrapbook to delete useless memories just to make my game playable! This is ridiculous!
I really really hope a mod for disabling this feature will be coming out

You can delete TravelDB.package from the save to remove the pictures from the memories (this will also kill your camera pictures, camcorder videos, and prom pics though) and reduce your save size.

I haven't noticed any side effects for doing so other than blank memories in the scrapbook.
Instructor
#70 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:03 PM
velocitygrass, does you mod stop the memories for all the non-active sims as well? Seems to be where the vast majority of the save game errors come from so having a stop on those while having the ability to choose the active sims memories is a plus.
Inventor
#71 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:12 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 19th Jun 2011 at 8:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
velocitygrass, does you mod stop the memories for all the non-active sims as well? Seems to be where the vast majority of the save game errors come from so having a stop on those while having the ability to choose the active sims memories is a plus.

I have to admit I wasn't even aware that non-actives also accumulate memories.

The mod sets the IsLifeEvent tag of the dream nodes to nothing, so the game doesn't think they're memories. This should be the case for all sims, including non-actives.

However, I haven't tested this so far. I will do so now, because I'm curious.

ETA: Tested it, and it also works on non-actives. I had a sim who should have gotten a "I'm pregnant" memory at the very least but she (and her husband) had no memories at all when in my test before she had five and her husband had two.
Page 3 of 3