Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:19 AM
Default anybody use CEP Color Enable Package mod?
I get tired of the exact same colors for all the default Maxis objects. Anyone use CEP? Do you like it? Experience any bugs or problems using it with Ultimate Collection?

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:25 AM
I've used it ever since I knew it existed, so I barely notice I have it. I don't have the UC, but I haven't noticed any bugs with the CD version.
Alchemist
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:43 AM
I've been using it with UC ever since UC came out (so about three years) without issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:58 AM
I'm sold! Thx.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:31 AM
I would say 99.9 percent of us use CEP, it isn't just for recolours there are also fixes in there, the most well known one is maxis broke the OFB doors and window recolours and CEP gives those back. That is i think in the CEP Extra. If your windows are all red they are broken. They should show up in a range of colours, black, yellow and blue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:40 AM
When I was younger I thought I needed the CEP for everything, so I've been having it since the beginning. Now I don't have many custom objects, but I've plenty of EPs recolors, so I couldn't live without it. Ah, I use the UC and I've never had a single problem with it. Just SimPE gave me some hard times, but it can be fixed. Most of the mods/tools for M&G work fine with UC, so go on and get it =D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:28 AM
No problems with it at all - if you should make a new folder, or start over, you will, however, need to install a brand new copy (which should not be often ).
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:35 AM
Can't remember before CEP, but there must have been a day, probably the first day when sims 2 came out. The only time I remember it's there, is when I'm reorganising my mods and starting again. This time SimPE got angry with me about something missing. "Stop moaning at me, how can i remember what goes where". In a programme so safe, I've only had to bother with it a couple of times. But was my fault, I stuck one of it's things in a folder called do not remove. Then I removed it.

It's safe as houses on the UC, there's so much stuff out there, so I hope you have fun.
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would say 99.9 percent of us use CEP, it isn't just for recolours there are also fixes in there, the most well known one is maxis broke the OFB doors and window recolours and CEP gives those back. That is i think in the CEP Extra. If your windows are all red they are broken. They should show up in a range of colours, black, yellow and blue.

Another fix was about 'OpenMe' windows, I think. That window(2-tile one) was bugged: it does not let light pass through. MaryLou made a fix for that, and later it was included in CEP.
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:42 PM
do have CEP.
use? not sure if that word is applicable with CEP; or with any mod. mods seem to add (or replace) stuff; not necessarily be things to be used.
problems? I do not recall any. I doubt anyone else experienced any problems with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:41 AM