Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:33 PM
Default Connecting islands with bridges and subway
Hello! I have a problem and I need some help.
I play in Sunlit Tides world and I made a house for my sim on one of the sandy islands, everything works great but the problem is sim can't go anywhere if I don't teleporte him. So, I made a subway, but the problem is he can't use it autonomously while going from place to place ,only if I say specificaly that he has to use this and that which is stupid, and blocks him from having a party,friends over or even having a pizza delivered. I have given up on subway, and now I want to put some kind of bridge or something but I don't know how to make that in edit town. So, does anyone have any ideas ? It would mean a lot xx
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:44 PM
You can only place a bridge in CAW, not in Edit Town. If you have IP, though, you should be able to get back and forth either by your own boat, or water taxi. Deliveries and guests will arrive that way as well.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:18 PM
Also - if the water space is not so big, you can always create a big lot covering two banks (Island and Mainland) and just building a bridge on this lot after placing your actual home there on desired spot. It's a space-wasting solution but it's working. Services, guests and inhabitatnt may act a bit weird sometimes when it shall come to path finding, thought.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:46 PM
Check this old post about connections to islands and the subway mod for npc's to use by lolalule near the bottom of the page.

http://modthesims.info/t/429561