Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
Can you lock the door after they go in?

That's what your supposed to do. :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:30 AM Last edited by VacuumMelon : 30th Nov 2009 at 10:06 AM.
Haha, nice challenge. I tried it, although I lost and failed at scoring.

Beware the long post.

- - - - -

Meet Doug the Killer.

He's your typical Byronic hero - a mysterious, sophisticated man with great inner struggles who's capable of seducing any woman he wants. Also, this is the first time I used goggles on my sim.

So he moves into his new home and the action begins. His first victim is Tiffany Zarubin who willingly wanders into the cell. She's closely followed by Vamsi Tomyoy and Lyndsay Louie.

Note: Doug is not evil, he's just a misanthrope.

Days pass and Lyndsay has the honor of dying first. Vamsi follows her soon. Meanwhile Doug greets and lures Andrea Hogan who is stupid enough to stop by his house.

Oh well... she asked for it.

Doug goes on an adventure to find some attractive females to kill. He meets Calista Fuchs and Marie Rauscher. Lyndsay has already come back as ghost and Tiffany is still alive. It's day seven.

Calista is Doug's first love. Too bad she dies within a day. Now comes my favourite part. After capturing Jan Tellerman Doug sees Goopy GilsCarbo. Ignorant Goopy wanders into the cell, perhaps hoping to find a friend or two.
Too bad he dies lonely and stinking.

After that Doug's mission is to find and capture as many people as possible. He brings back to his 'collection' Linda Barthelet, Lilly Do, Ethan Barrett and La Shawn Cameron. Tiffany Zarubin is still alive, wtf. Also, she freezes on every freaking step so she mightily raises my frozen sims count.

It's day 9 when poor Lilly Do dies. I didn't even remember her, so her death was kind of a shock to me.

Meanwhile others (except Tiffany) die and now it's time to meet two people who were clever enough to escape. Here are Marisa Bendett and Vyn Scott (on the left).

They both ran off while I wasn't paying attention (I was focusing on Doug catching butterflies and failing miserably). Day later Vyn comes back and the day after that she dies. Boy, was she dumb or what.

On day 14 Komei Tellerman stops by Doug's house. Doug greets him and the first thing Komei does is to annoy Doug.

Not a smart thing to do, Komei, not smart at all. (Also, notice Ricky's constipated expression.)
Next morning Komei dies.

Surprisingly Doug cries for his death. Usually he just sighs or facepalms.

Doug greets Sinjin Coudrec, who is reading his newspaper (wasn't there written ANYTHING about people suspiciously going missing around Doug the Killer's house?). Unsuspecting Sinjin goes into cell and tries to hug Tiffany Zarubin WHO IS STILL ALIVE AFTER 15 DAYS WTF. Tiffany refuses and a fight is about to start when something unexpected happens.

Doug dies. I probably forgot to feed him or something, but it's funny nonetheless. Also, his final setting is an epic win. See for yourself:

While Doug is dying, Goopy's ghost shows up for the first time ever. Sinjin, who has come to mourn Doug, gets scared and ALSO dies.

They are made of fail.
After Doug's death his last alive victim Tiffany walks away. Wtf, guys, wtf.

So, Doug's agonizing yet awesome earthly pilgrimage has come to an end after 15 long days.
He captured 21 people. 2 ran away, 1 came back. 1 left after Doug's death.
There were always at least 2 people in the cell, because Tiffany wouldn't die.
Three of the victims were Doug's crushes. Eight came back as ghosts.
Sims were frozen solid 14 times. 12 of them were TIFFANY and within five hours. Gosh.

Perhaps I'll try it again some time. :D

Final score:
630 (neighbors) + 140 (frozen sims) + 475 (multiple sims in one cell) + 150 (crushes) + 800 (ghosts) - 100 (escaped sims) - 20 (aspiration lvl dropped to green) - 60 (aspiration lvl dropped to red) = 2015
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:08 PM
Yeah, what's up with Tiffany Zarubin? Is she like the Mrs. Crumplebottom of the regular neighborhood, but without the hat? Wtf?? I even set it to her BIRTHDAY and she wouldn't die even though another week passed.

I let her go after a while. She kept getting into fights with the rest of the sims and my sim kept trying to watch it while he was in the other room. Talk about irritating.
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 4:45 AM
hmmm this looks interesting mite do it but I'm not a big sims death kinda person maybe I'll just kill off the fugs
Mad Poster
#30 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naomi.isabella
Yeah, what's up with Tiffany Zarubin? Is she like the Mrs. Crumplebottom of the regular neighborhood, but without the hat? Wtf?? I even set it to her BIRTHDAY and she wouldn't die even though another week passed.

I let her go after a while. She kept getting into fights with the rest of the sims and my sim kept trying to watch it while he was in the other room. Talk about irritating.

The Zarubin woman belongs to the gardening club, and they are unkillable, untill you marry/move them in and they become mortal again. Even the cowplant won't eat them.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:00 PM
LOL, And I had invited the whole Zarubin household over to my house and locked them in there, expecting to kill them all. *facepalm*
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 2:47 PM
Ooh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

And lol@Vettias.
Banned
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 2:42 AM
OK, some rules changes to the challenge:

Do not capture Tiffany Zarubin, her daughter, or any of the hobby enthusiasm sims, since they will mess up your challenge by not dying.

Your sim may not visit other lots. I failed my last attempt at this challenge because a bug somewhere in the game allowed all my victims to escape while my killer was shopping downtown. When my killer got back they were gone and the urns were in a row out the front of the house as tombstones - you could say he got busted. ;_; Your killer is stil safe to go to work though.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:52 AM Last edited by sopye : 4th Dec 2009 at 7:26 AM.
Well, I started out to do this challenge, unfortunately, hahah, I guess I can't kill people either. Not only that, my guy, David Culver, looks suspiciously similar to all of yours. Amazing what we think of as a serial killer. Okay, first:

David Culver, sorry for the bad pic

Okay, after making him and his rottwieller Landry, I bought a large empty lot in Belladona Cove, and placed it at an end of the road. Then I made him rich with the motherlode cheat, and built a house with an extra room in back yard, this was gonna be for the victims. The only way I could think could think of was to take the door out, that way the victims were stuck. Ok, first victim was Tiffany Zaruban, then Samantha Cordial. Stuck them in the room, and watched them walk around awhile, butttt, I felt bad, so gave them a toilet, a shower, a stove and fridge, a table and each a bed. Ha, then I decided, since I have some adult mods, that instead I would make him have children with the victims. But he only wants male children. Okay, so in order to do this, you must make the victim selectable, so Samantha became with child, but obviously Tiffany won't. Sooo, I moved Samantha into the big house, with no doors so she can't get out. Next victim was Christy Tyonoga, think that is the spelling, so I pluck her up and stick her in the room with Tiffany. Soon she becomes with child, and Tiffany is still holding on. But it is becoming winter, and the room has no roof on it. So I move Christy into the big house with Samantha and David. Eventually Tiffany freezes to death and of course David mourns, hahah.

Samantha gives birth to triplets, 2 girls,1 boy. David takes the girls and puts them up for adoption. Christy gives birth to 1 boy. Soon they are with child again. The goal is the women are okay as long as they produce children. Girls will get put up for adoption, boys kept. Once they are to old to have children, they will be put in the secret room to die. Or if they fail to become pregnant they will be put in the room. At this point, Samantha has 2, and Christy has 3. So on to the next victims.
Vanessa Royce and Calista Fuchs, lets see how they survive.

Now all of these people have free will on, but I have to keep them locked into the house so they don't go to work, or leave. Remember they are supposed to have disappeared, so they can't call and quit. No phone. However, what a bunch of lazy women, jeesh. All they have to do is take care of the kids and themselves, and do you think they can? Nope, I have to do the kids, because I don't want the social services to come and get the them. In the meantime the adult women are all on the verge of starvation and no hygiene. Duh!! Not only that, they haven't potty trained any of the kids, taught them to walk or talk. so they are pretty bratty. Perfect serial killers in the making. Anyway that is my version, maybe I will get better at the killing part before he gets to old,lol. So my biggest challenges here were how to keep the other adults in the house, while still allowing David and his boys to leave for work and school, and how to make 4 stupid sims take care of themselves and their children.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 5:18 AM
Okay, I wasn't trying the challenge, since I just now read about it. I was actually just trying to clean townies out of my neighborhood (I even posted another thread here about it.)

Anyway, I've killed I think 42 so far, but I've noticed (as has been mentioned) that none of the garden club members die. I have them all locked up separately in the back yard.

Incidently, Townie Killer is an adult male with a mohawk wanted for 42 counts of kidnapping, imprisonment, and murder. If you see him, notify the authorities. And if he tells you to stand right there while he goes to the build menu real quick, run.
Banned
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 6:49 AM
Default Serial Killer Challenge
Quote: Originally posted by mirutsa
Incidently, Townie Killer is an adult male with a mohawk wanted for 42 counts of kidnapping, imprisonment, and murder. If you see him, notify the authorities. And if he tells you to stand right there while he goes to the build menu real quick, run.

LOL! He's a scary fella, amirite?
Mad Poster
#37 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 5:09 PM
I've started this in one of my neighborhoods-in the abandoned, fire-damaged Asylum, where 7 people died in a fiery inferno. Their urns are still in the building.
The man who bought the place is a real sicko named John Gacy-who works at night and lures unsuspecting victims into his abode by day. When they join the household, they lose their jobs and they are literally slaves.
There is a very hungry cowplant in the victim room, and his name is Omer.
So far I've had 2 deaths. One was a noted neighbor and the other one a townie. Such is life. They died by fright, when the ghosts came out to haunt the Asylum.
John sleeps through the hauntings, because he's a knowledge sim, and loves his invisible friends.
I'm having fun because I've put in a hack to increase the number of people who walk by-when a townie comes by, John will greet them and then move them into his lair.
Such a sick man. Hopefully the authorities will catch up to him someday.
Banned
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 2:13 AM
LOL Fran. Merging one challenge with another? I like!
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 5:34 AM
Well, I had to do something with those urns. The fire got a little out of control, you know. They all had to watch it at once. Of course not being up to code, it burned everyone and almost all of the furnishings. What a mess it is..he's still cleaning up ashes.
Such a tragedy. Such fun!
Test Subject
#40 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 6:52 PM
Haha.. such a great idea. I am doing this one. Pics soon.
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 1:53 AM
How is it possible to lock Sims in? Are there lockable doors that they can't get out of? I haven't started the challenge yet, but I tried locking a door to one of my families (I chose the "lock for all sims" option) and people were able to get out of it.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 2:07 AM
If you have the EP for it (OFB?) you have lockable doors. Otherwise you have to add the victim to the family and make sure they don't run away. There are several hacks that you can use to summon them or join them into the family. That's what I do..wait for the unsuspecting victim and then move them into the family. They don't run away, usually.
The mod is Inge's teleporter bush/cat. You can find it at Simlogical-sorry, don't have the URL, but googling it will bring it up.
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:18 AM
Hey I was wondering, like how do you lock the door.
Do you just allow your killer only or like, yea?
;P
Banned
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:29 PM
Just select your killer, then click on the door and select Lock > For All Sims.
Scholar
#45 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:23 AM
Ok, THIS is my kind of challenge. I don't like the legacy or family challenges. I'm starting right away!!!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:01 AM
Yo I'm real confused. I locked two folks in the jail using "allow me only", and they both were in the for a couple hours, but when they went home, they were able to just walk out the door! I have all EPs - could AL be the culprit?
Mad Poster
#47 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:01 AM
There is something you can download to make it easier to keep them in the house.

Go to this page, and find the applicable downloads-it's Inge's Prison set.

http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ims2_Prison.htm

It's updated for AL and it should work with all EP's. It makes things a lot easier.

It might be a little "cheaty", but anything to keep your victims in their place!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There is something you can download to make it easier to keep them in the house.

Go to this page, and find the applicable downloads-it's Inge's Prison set.

http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ims2_Prison.htm

It's updated for AL and it should work with all EP's. It makes things a lot easier.

It might be a little "cheaty", but anything to keep your victims in their place!

Thanks! Unfortunately the computer I play on doesn't have internet.
But I realized I could just get rid of the doors and use moveobjects to put 'em in there. Magic!
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM
I've just been playing this challenge for a few hours but only for fun - not points. My serial killer: Constantine Lucifer.

Most of the time I spent on decorating the house and changes the 'lair' so many times. The lair doesn't have any windows or doors apart from the Mysterious Revolving Bookcase so that Constantine can get in.

The first day she trapped about 4-5 townies and neighbours, including the paper girl but she somehow disappeared. The first person to die was Diane Hamilton (the gypsy). She died tragically after eating a cake from the cowplant.

Literally minutes later, Ryan Wheeler starved to death. During the evening 3 sims died all at once: Randy London, Jihoon Hsu and Linda Bathelet.

Constantine rolled a wish to make Diane (the gypsy) a zombie, so I made her call Grimmy Then I thought it would be good for her to be an Evil Witch so I changed her and now she's called Constantine Lucifer the Evil Witch. She had fun casting spells on Nina Caliente. That's as far as I got, in 2 days she trapped 9 sims, 6 of them died. 1 by cow plant, 5 by starvation.

Over and over. The joy of repetition really is in you.
Scholar
#50 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Sims2Nut:) : 19th Dec 2009 at 2:56 PM. Reason: forgot to do scores
This is Betty Killer (not the most creative name but whatever.)
And her cat Slash (who I could train while my victims died.)

Her house (which I think fits her)

Her victims Bruce, Hunter, and Brittany (Bruce is about to croak, Hunter just walked in, and Brittany is somewhere in between.)

Funny pic of her cat (sorry this is random but it's funny! Why hasn't any other serial killers had pets yet? )

+20 for Bruce
+20 for Brittany
+10 for Hunter
+25 for Brittany being in there while Bruce is
+15 for Hunter being in there while Bruce and Brittany are
That's 90 points unless I scored bonuses wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~
Okay I've played alot more now and here's what I have
Grimmy coming to get Brittany and Hunter

Some of my sims going crazy

Too tired to get the cake (umm, he's dying of hunger?)

My sim building up a relationship with Clarence

+90 from last time
Scoring
+20 for Jill
+10 for Shea
+10 for Makoto
+20 for Marisa
+20 for Christian
+10 for Rose
Bonuses
+25 for Jill brought in there with others
+15 for Shea brought in there with others
+15 for Makoto brought in there with others
+25 for Christian brought in there with others
+15 for Rose brought in there with others
+30 for Makoto being eaten by cowplant
Penalties
-10 Aspiration into green
-10 Aspiration goes into green (again!)
That is... 285 points! Go me!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Page 2 of 8