Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM
Default The Many Faces of Bella Goth
So in many stories involving Bella Goth, there are many cliches of how she acts. One being that she's vain and stubborn, yet makes the stories that she's involved in funny. Others have her as a murderer/dangerous person. The rest have her missing her old life as a mother, and being upset that the aliens abducted her. These are just all cliches I'm getting bugged by... (although the 1st one makes stories quite comedic! I love comedies! Oh, and dramas but whatever.) How do you all feel about this?

ENTJ
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:43 PM
If its a well written murder one I enjoy those. I haven't read any comedy ones based on her though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 9:32 PM
Well, the stories where she gives an attitude (where she's snobby and mean) are usually the comedies, mainly because of her attitude. She's often the narrator of stories involving her. I think people should just give her the motherly and housewife appearance, not the mean and snobby one. Then again, the PSP version of the game, one of Bella's secrets is that she married Mortimer only for his money. Although in the PC version I think she married him because they were good childhood friends.

ENTJ
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 9:24 PM
I enjoy any type of writing about her.. I love the comedies too! Yay!
I like how the stories about her are just all different - not like the same Bella, two kids, abducted by aliens. Blah blah blah, etc. etc.

Errare est humanum...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 10:51 PM
When I first got into the original Sims game, I pictured Bella being a loving mother and supportive, nurturing wife. I *never* thought of her in a negative way. Though that could be because there was really no "main" story behind her, to where I was given the opportunity to make one up in my head as I played the household. Or, no real story I can recall. It's been a long, long time since I've played the Sims, after all. :/
I had no idea (until now) that there were stories about Bella, perceiving her in a negative light. That kind of bums me out. lol! I don't like to think of her as snobby or the type to cheat on her husband. Nor do I like to think that when they were together did he ever cheat on HER. It made me a little uneasy to see him as an old man in the Sims 2 and in love - blindly, I might add - with a blonde bimbo whose only OBVIOUS goals were fame and wealth. I couldn't believe Mortimer turned out to be so dense in his old age. I thought he was supposed to be brilliant. After all, he WAS a mad scientist in the first game, no? But I digress.
The point is, to me, Bella will always and forever be a wonderful and caring person. Maybe a little vain and stubborn from getting accustomed to wealth for so long, but once you get passed all that, you come to know she really does care about others whom she feels deserve it. (And I love how they made the Sims 2 version look much like the original. In TS3 it's like they're not even trying anymore! Anyone else agree with that statement?) ... Come to think of it, I never pictured Bella having an older brother either, but whatever. XD