Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 1st Mar 2017 at 1:33 AM.
Default Would you like a door problem...Please? (FIXED)
I'm having a small issue with a door I am making, aesthetically speaking only. Everything works as supposed to, otherwise.
I wanted my own one tile french door mesh&texture, on the Unique Separator. (Apartment door)
Since my own doors are the ones I always use when building, that made sense to me, so everything matches nicely.

My regular door has a glass subset, the AL door does not. No problem, I got it to work and show the glass.

One thing I have yet to figure out though is this :
I used the same frames (N&S), the same doors(N&S) as my regular door, but for some reason(s), my new AL door shows a gap. The door is not flush with the frame.
Before even trying to move my door mesh a bit, it was very obvious. The door handle was completely lost inside the wall.

Like I said, everything works though. The door opens & closes and can be used, the lot can be rezoned into apartment, the same options appear on the door, the landlord comes and have you sign contract etc.
But my sims may freeze in winter.

I extract the frames and doors from the original AL door, to compare with mine. Its frame is placed at the exact same place as my frame is, in Milkshape, except that the AL frames are a bit narrow (inside, not out)compared to mine, and a bit smaller in height.
Its doors are also narrow-er than mine.
So it makes sense..mine are bigger than AL. But mine are set to fit together, as much as AL frames & doors are set to fit together.
So if I used the same frames and the same doors, then why my newly created door shows differently than my regular door? they have the very same meshes, placed the same way.

First pic shows my original regular door.
The second pictures shows my regular door into an AL door. See that gap between the frame and the door?

If anyone can explain this to me, I'd appreciate.
Thank you.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:31 AM
Seems like I got it to place properly. I do not understand what happens more, but I centered my door mesh which is larger, on the AL door which is smaller. Fixed!
Now I can make more AL doors Yay!!!! (there's 2 more models in my set )
Screenshots

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:16 PM
You might find it easier to use Lee's Apartment Door Changer, since I've heard before that clones of the unique separator don't work reliably.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 1:40 PM
I saw this creation. I've been wanting to turn my own doors into AL for so long now, that I do not even remember when I created them..lol
I thought it was hard, or that it could simply not be done, since in the description of the mod you linked, it says that AL doors were hard coded. That scared me!
But I am one who creates more than downloads, so I've just waited until now!
I finally gave it a try, and succeeded.

I'll finish with my 2 or 3 other doors, then play with apartment for a while.
If I encounter any problems, I'll know I'm better off using that Door Changer you proposed.
But thank you for the link!