Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:59 AM
Mod Suggestion - Portable Coffee Mugs
I don't exactly know where i would put this thread so ill just put it in miscellaneous...
What i hate most in sims 3 is when i give my sim a double cappuccino with white chocolate sprinkles or whatever and they go out, and halfway through a date or something, they crash off the caffeine and pass out, because it took them an hour to travel there and another 45 minutes for the date to get there. So what if there was an item that you could carry in your inventory and use with a coffee machine at home or wherever and fill it up, then take it elsewhere? Then when out and about, when interacted with in the inventory, it would go into their hand and they can drink from it! Is this idea remotely possible? it would involve interacting with a coffee maker, going into the inventory, and giving the player a cup of coffee.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:13 AM
If only I had a portable coffee maker with me IRL

But it's a pretty interesting idea! It's not really a request post so I'll just leave it here, just in case some modders are looking for some inspiration
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:34 PM
really at the most basic of functionality for this you could just make it so you can put coffee mugs in your pocket. (i know that makes no sense but you can put an entire bonfire in your pocket so theres no logic here anyway)
Site Helper
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:40 PM
You would need to adjust autonomy on the coffee mugs as well. My sims with 37 potions of Potent Invigoration in their pockets still prefer to pass out on a community lot rather than drink them unless I tell them to and I have free will on high.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd May 2017 at 6:03 PM
You could download this custom beverages mod, find a suitable cup (maybe one similar to the brown-and-white one is the first photo?), and change the script to the Coffee Beverage one.