Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:42 PM
Default Social Security and or Welfare mod?
Let me preface this by sayin that I know and have the social welfare mod by Melcarmel (sp?) posted by Mootilda in a post somwewhere in a thread here on MTS. I also have Monique's child support updated by AH.

With that said, does anyone know of any other mods, not careers though, that assist the unemployed?

I like the social welfare mod, but it pays out to much for my liking and I have no idea of how to change the amounts. It pays on a daily basis, which I think the starting amount is $150. Then supposedly you're able to up that amount based off skill points which is awesome, however when I tried to give it to Brandi Broke it jumped her up to $999. In my opinion that is WAY to much to get daily or even weekly, ehh might be ok for monthly though. What I'd like, lookin for, is a similar mod that pays out much less and does so on a weekly/ seasonly basis.

Then I was wonderin if there was a mod that paid out 'life insurance' to the wife/ children of a husband/father or wife/ mother who died before they reached old age. Maybe even so they had to pay into. I know I could do this on paper and use the FF to both take away and then give back, but havin a mod to do it automatically would make it much easier :p
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:53 PM
Do you have a link to the melcarmel mod? Changing those kinds of numbers is usually pretty easy.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:08 PM
Not off hand, but if someone is willin to do it, I'd be willin to go find it. I think google knows where it is ... lol. *goes off to ask google*

..and google comes through ..

This was from another thread askin about a welfare mod
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
Its here post #985 http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=3892134
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:02 AM
I was comin here to ask this same question I'd asked a year and a half ago. I'd forgotten I'd asked, but when I did a search lookin for the mod again, my old post is what popped up.... lol

Soooo, is there a way to fix this mod easily for someone who is not a modder? Or back to my previous question of any knowledge of a similar one that pays less?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:26 AM
I would love to know how to change this too. I know that it bases the payout not only on skills but also on how many dependents the sim has @CaliBrat So Brandy is getting extra for her kids.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 2:02 PM
Just looking at it quickly, looks like a tuning mod, so could be changed there, I would think, in the BCONs. One file seems to upgrade the application, that one has the skills and the kids. The other is the payout. If someone wants to change it, maybe add labels so others can tune easily?
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:44 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 3rd Mar 2019 at 11:31 PM.
@CaliBrat
@joandsarah77
@Sunrader

Really like the idea of this mod as some sort of severance pay or unemployment benefit for sims who have recently lost their job.

So, I tinkered around with this a bit and managed to change the benefit amount from §120 per day to §25 (my test amount). When my testing sim earned a skill point (they currently have 3 total skill points) and "upgraded" their benefits, they received an additional §25 per skill point earned in addition to the base amount of §25 (e.g. 25+75 = §100 per day). However, another testing sim that already had more than 40 skill points was awarded more than §1000 per day (the downside of being rewarded for more skill points)...which IMO is way too much daily or weekly for a sim that is unemployed. There are no children on this lot...just two adults who applied for benefits separately.

So, when I get some time, I'll start with a fresh copy of the mod and go back and see if editing the skills/amount of kids/percentages can be altered enough to lower this effect...since I did not do anything with those yet. I'd also love to change this benefit to a weekly amount as well, as it would a bit more realistic. If I can successfully change all the aspects wanted, I'll report back in better detail on how to do so.

In the meantime, if someone else wants to play around with this too and get us there sooner, to change the daily amount go to BCON and in the Resource List click on Social. The first line 0x0 (0) is the Value you want to change. It will have 120 in the Dec (of the Value box) by default. This is where I changed it 25 for testing purposes. I did change some other values too, but am not sure it was necessary, so I won't mention those just yet.

As an aside, CaliBrat I see that you use Monique's Child Support mod and wanted to know if you were happy with the base amount it charges daily? When I first added that one to my game (ages ago) I thought the daily amount was too high (at §200 per day) since my sims are not normally wealthy, and decided to lower the amount to something reasonable (§50 per day). So if you haven't changed the amount and wanted to know how (that is if you do not already know how to...in which case you can ignore me ), I can tell you how to do it.

Edit: Also, on the off chance you never found the life insurance mod that is enabled for everyone and not just elders, here you go http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c&topic=30191.0. It's by Monique.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:28 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 25th Feb 2019 at 12:28 AM.
This is what I've come up with so far. I know the mod mentions skills, but these values in the BCON are directly tied to badges and ages, based on the flow of the BHAV. The amount given for skills is in the BHAV, which I've not had a chance to decipher. I tested with Brandi, she has skills, but the only money given was for her and % for the kids.

EDIT: I've added the altered bcon with bcon labels. Just import the resource that ends in .xml to the application package, then delete the ones in it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  5452434E - Behaviour Constant Labels.7z (797 Bytes, 59 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:32 PM
Thanks for looking at it PenelopeT. Wow, that's quite the jump! Way to much yes, I don't think a sim should get rich off unemployment. I like the idea of $25 for no skills or kids. My poorest sims earn $50 using the NPC job packs from here. (That goes up by $50 each job level) So to me $25 is perfect. $5 per skill I think would be more reasonable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#10 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:47 AM
HugeLunatic, thank you so much for taking a look at this and labeling these! Trying to figure out what each value represented was the biggest hurdle. So, I just kept tweaking things and popping back in-game to test them.

Now, I can say that I initially changed the subsequent values (0x1 - 0x6) to 5, after changing 0x0 to 25, but had no clue if that made a difference and never got around to testing the household with children or added badges. But since you've kindly labeled them, now I can see that would have indeed lowered the benefit percentages for kids being present and for any badges a sim has or gains.

I'll get back to testing it more sometime later in the week...with sim kids on the lot and earned badges.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:51 AM
@PenelopeT This is too hard for me to fiddle with but I can test if you want a tester.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:02 AM
Jo, I'm a glutton for punishment and actually enjoy the added challenge of tweaking mods and popping in and out of the game to test them. However, if I get things adjusted enough to how we want them (since we seem to play in a way where we like the added challenge of our sims struggling a bit), I'll plop it down here for download so we can get a better idea of how the adjustments look under different scenarios.

Now, if Lunie should come along and save us before I do that, then I won't bother and will just download her version.

Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:53 AM
This is awesome thanks for lookin into it and willing to tweak it to make it better.

I second Jo in that if you need a tester I'm willin.

Also, thanks for the link for the non-elder insurance ... I didn't have it.

As for the child support, I'm ok with the #'s since I don't think it really pays out that much.... but then again it might get to be to much if you get this tweaked to perfection (no pressure ...lol)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#14 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:40 AM
I think I have things figured out. I've added a subset for the books to be recolorable as well as the table. The BCON has labels so you can see which represents which value. I could not find where in the BHAV it was setting §100 as the base for each skill value, so I changed it to pull from the BCON. The original divided this 100 by 4 to give you the amount for each skill point. Instead what I have done is add in a value that you want to divide by. In mine it is set to 100, so 100/10=1 per skill. The only thing I didn't test was if this also pays for skills earned by the kids.

While testing, I could not get any changes to work for families already on welfare. So there is some sort of memory in the family keeping that information. I welcome any feedback after using/testing, and I can try to tweak things if I am able.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/976474/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 3:37 AM
Thanks, HL! I will try it out. :lovestruc

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 4:51 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 3rd Mar 2019 at 11:45 PM.
Had some time to play around with HL's modified version and can say that it's perfect for my game-play style (of sims not living on Easy Street). So, thank you very much @HugeLunatic - this mod is much more useful now. :lovestruc

Testing results:
- Single sim with no skill points, received §25 daily
- Single sim with (40) skill points, received §67 daily (which is way better than the previous amount of over a §1000 daily)
- Single parent, one child, no skill points for parent or child, received §85 daily
- Single parent with (5) skill points, one child, received §90 daily

I still do not have any sims with badges, so I could not test that. Would love to know the results should someone else test it with a sim that does have badges, and also results for those who play large families with three or more children.

Edit: Earlier I forgot to see if children earning skill points were a factor in the amount received, and am happy to say that their skill points do not play a factor (not sure about teens with skill points though).

- Single parent with (9) skill points, one child with (9) skill points, received §94 daily - all skill points were earned by parent and child after the parent applied for benefits and then chose to "upgrade" benefits. So benefits went from §85 daily to §94 daily...which is perfect.

It's just enough to be a benefit, but not enough for sims to live off of long-term (especially in a heavily modded game that lowers wages and has higher bills, mortgages, rent, loans and/or taxes).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:01 PM
I hope to test it today, I've been kind of mopping up my game the last few days as I did something to my terrain and didn't have a recent backup...

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 4th Mar 2019 at 12:35 AM.
Wow, thank you all for contributing to this thread. I really enjoy this mod as well, but I agree that the payout was just too high. I had a couple families to fiddle with that PenelopeT mentioned.
Turns out it seems badges add 5 for Bronze, 10 for Silver and 15 for Gold. If you have 2 Gold badges, it will add 20 or 6 Bronze badges will add 30, and so on...
I had a big family (2 parents/6 kids) and their payout was 385 a day. No one had any skills or badges.

Hope this helps. It was sure interesting to find out! Thanks again everyone (especially HugeLunatic). I had forgotten about this one.
Alchemist
#19 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:43 PM
Great work being done here, thank you all for looking into it!

Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
As an aside, CaliBrat I see that you use Monique's Child Support mod and wanted to know if you were happy with the base amount it charges daily? When I first added that one to my game (ages ago) I thought the daily amount was too high (at §200 per day) since my sims are not normally wealthy, and decided to lower the amount to something reasonable (§50 per day). So if you haven't changed the amount and wanted to know how (that is if you do not already know how to...in which case you can ignore me ), I can tell you how to do it.

I would like to know how to change the child support amount. My sims are just not rich enough to pay out that much, and receiving it upsets the delicate balance of struggle for the child's household So I mostly have to turn it off, but I do want sims to be responsible for their dalliances. Didn't even realise that the amount could be changeable.
Theorist
#20 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Great work being done here, thank you all for looking into it!

I would like to know how to change the child support amount. My sims are just not rich enough to pay out that much, and receiving it upsets the delicate balance of struggle for the child's household So I mostly have to turn it off, but I do want sims to be responsible for their dalliances. Didn't even realise that the amount could be changeable.

First, let me say that I use the AL updated (by Ancient Highway) versions of Monique's Child Support and Social Services mods found in post #17 at http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....60017#msg160017.

To change the amount in SimPE:
- Open the ah_MQ_Child_Support_Controller or MQ_Child_Support_Controller (depending on which version you have)
- Click on BCON
- Click Tuning Child Support Amount and change the Values of all lines to whatever amount you'd like sims to be charged daily (by default they are all at 200 for §200)
- Click Commit File and then Save (and that's it you're done )

If you also have Monique's social services add-on, you will have to follow the same steps and change the ah_MQSocialServices_Controller or MQSocialServices_Controller (again depending on which version you have) to whatever you changed the child support amount to. You do not have to do anything with the accompanying A & B controllers for either the child support or social services mod.

Alchemist
#21 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:10 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 6th Mar 2019 at 11:26 PM.
Thanks, PeneleopeT, that gives me a bit more confidence! I can SimPE, but only with clear instructions. I don’t claim to understand it much.

Edit: I have changed mine to $40 per day. We will see how that goes! Thanks for the instructions - I would not have realised I had to change every value for the price. I wonder why that is.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 2:21 AM
I love the idea of this mod. I was looking and hoping there was some way of buying the application book straight from the catalog.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#23 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chrystali8
I love the idea of this mod. I was looking and hoping there was some way of buying the application book straight from the catalog.

You could try changing the category for the book, but I have no idea if it would still work. It might, since you remove it from your inventory to start collecting. In the OBJD, choose the Catalog Sort tab, and tick the box where you want it to be.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You could try changing the category for the book, but I have no idea if it would still work. It might, since you remove it from your inventory to start collecting. In the OBJD, choose the Catalog Sort tab, and tick the box where you want it to be.

Thank you @HugeLunatic I tried today and I think what the items are cloned from a little bit complex for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:54 PM
The text on it is a bit confusing, I get that we remove the book and click upgrade and add kids, but once that is done do we have to leave it out or can we put it back into inventory?

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2