Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sliding bookcase " Hidden door " - Up to 27 deco slots + BONUS !!

by Lunararc Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 2:24 PM - Updated 26th Aug 2013 at 10:48 PM by Lunararc

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 6:59 PM
Love this idea! thanks for the share
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 11:45 PM
Well... it's an awesome idea. I just wished it would have come out before Supernatural (which added this) so that I could have used it since iv'e been wanting a secret bookcase for a while now. Oh well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 12:04 AM
This is several degrees of awesome! I've been looking for this for ages Thanks, you're a genius!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 1:39 AM
This is a great idea! Very Well done!
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MacGamer999
Well... it's an awesome idea. I just wished it would have come out before Supernatural (which added this) so that I could have used it since iv'e been wanting a secret bookcase for a while now. Oh well.

I started this project 6 months ago :/ the Sims got my idea I have supernatural now as you see the bookcase of the Sims Supernatural is for view only " Acts as door " But mine acts as a door and a shelf for your deco objects in the same time

Thanks monca533 and all the other Simmers

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:57 AM
this is an amazing mod I am definately adding it to my game. But, you don't show the other side of the door. Also would it be possible at some time in the future to make the back of the door a separate color channel so that it could be made to match the wall and be truely hibben. Thanks so much for your hard work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imdvine
this is an amazing mod I am definately adding it to my game. But, you don't show the other side of the door. Also would it be possible at some time in the future to make the back of the door a separate color channel so that it could be made to match the wall and be truely hibben. Thanks so much for your hard work.

Here is a picture for the back and the side of the door HERE the arch has different color than the bookcase door, I tried to make the back of the bookcase with different color but the UV mapping of the bookcase done by the Sims 3 so I need to make a new multi with new UV map for each bookcase

Knight Of The Moon
Scholar
THANKS POST
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:17 PM
This is so perfect, thank you!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#34 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:41 PM
::nab::
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:25 AM
Thank you very much for this. ^^ I wasn't able to afford Supernatural, and this was one of the features I was really looking forward to having.

Just curious, are you going to be doing this to other styles of bookcases?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:54 AM
Fantastic creation ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 10:57 PM
Can you create elevator bookshelves like in batman plz lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 5:56 AM
First of all: Thank you so much for this awesome thing. I needed such doors sooo badly and the SN Door hardly fits my interiors
But I have a question. Will the door slide over a shelf, when I place it on it´s left side? Aaand ... could you please, please add a empty shelf (corpus without door behind) to your set? Because I love the idea of different/individual shelfheights, but don´t want to put three doors beneath each other. That would be soo cool
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colabirne
First of all: Thank you so much for this awesome thing. I needed such doors sooo badly and the SN Door hardly fits my interiors
But I have a question. Will the door slide over a shelf, when I place it on it´s left side? Aaand ... could you please, please add a empty shelf (corpus without door behind) to your set? Because I love the idea of different/individual shelfheights, but don´t want to put three doors beneath each other. That would be soo cool

The door is one tile that means any object on the right side of the door will slide over it without any problem and my bookcase is castable and the shelf is empty with 3 slots for you clutters " you can fit the shelf only in the bookcase "

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 3:22 PM
wonderful idea!! i don´t have Supernatural *yet* but i have Showtime, so this goes into my downloads /now/!
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
The door is one tile that means any object on the right side of the door will slide over it without any problem and my bookcase is castable and the shelf is empty with 3 slots for you clutters " you can fit the shelf only in the bookcase "

thanks for the quick reply

I really don´t want to bother you, but I didn´t ment the shelves. I was talking about the bookcase itself, like shown in picture 7/11 ... but without the door. Is it possible to add something like that?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:06 AM Last edited by imdvine : 8th Oct 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Here is a picture for the back and the side of the door HERE the arch has different color than the bookcase door, I tried to make the back of the bookcase with different color but the UV mapping of the bookcase done by the Sims 3 so I need to make a new multi with new UV map for each bookcase

I just thought I'd ask. I'm very Happy with the results. I have added it to a Sims3 home I redesigned so I could Hide A spiral staircase that leads to a tower room. It works great I was even able to match it to the stock bookcase now my sim can slip away to work out in his secret gym. BTW just a little friendly advice, that took me a few tries to figure out. If your stairs are in a 2x2 space you can place the door where the sim will walk under the stairs to get to the bottom step and although you can place an object to the right of the bookcase you cannot have a wall there. If you use moveobjects cheat to do so you'll just get a routing complaint from your sim

There you go, and Wherever you go, There you are.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Q

I just saw this. It would be too cool

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Q

I just this minute realized that they didn't have an elevator in Batman. It was a Sliding bookshelf with two fireman poles inside (assuming you mean the the T.V. series).
If you have Ambitions you have the poles.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make another one that slides the other way possiby with an invisible door frame on both. Just an Idea

Btw I did try putting the shelves in front of the elevator. Good news; the door works, Bad news; the elevator doesn't. The sims can go in but the elevator wont move. They just come out again a moment later

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 12:38 AM Last edited by imdvine : 8th Oct 2012 at 11:32 PM.
I just thought I'd ask. I'm very Happy with the results. I have added it to a Sims3 home I redesigned so I could Hide A spiral staircase that leads to a tower room. It works great I was even able to match it to the stock bookcase now my sim can slip away to work out in his secret gym. BTW just a little friendly advice, that took me a few tries to figure out. If your stairs are in a 2x2 space you can place the door where the sim will walk under the stairs to get to the bottom step and although you can place an object to the right of the bookcase you cannot have a wall there. If you use moveobjects cheat to do so you'll just get a routing complaint from your sim

Just thought that I would clarify apparently my tip about the stairs won't work with just any stairs. In my game I only have two spiral stairs and it only works with the ones called Lily Stairs for Balconies. I think I got them at TSR but I haven't seen them there lately.

Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 12:20 AM
Just thought that I would clarify apparently my tip about the stairs won't work with just any stairs. In my game I only have two spiral stairs and it only works with the ones called Lily Stairs for Balconies. I think I got them at TSR but I haven't seen them there lately.

They function as a door not in front of a stairs even a spiral stairs

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
THANKS POST
#47 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 6:01 AM
Thank you so much for this! There was a less cooler version on TSR but it looked pretty bad. This is just awesome! I hope my game is patched all the way up. I tried to get all of the patches loaded. I haven't purchased anything after Pets since nothing EA put out after that appealed to me.

I was confused about the Batman elevator post from someone until it was clarified. I know in the TV series they had bookcases that slid to reveal the Batpoles. In the comic books there was actually a large grandfather clock that slid aside when the hands were turned to the exact time Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed (I'm thinking 11 something). I wonder if it would be difficult to make a large grandfather clock over a small doorway and have it slide..

Do you have a link to the tutorial you mentioned? I'm particularly interested in how you got the slots right so that the shelves would fit in the right spot.

I'm thinking of taking on a project with a Captain's Bed/Storage bed with drawers and shelves underneath and someone suggested I could make it modular and have shelves behind and let people put the drawer faces on wherever they wanted. I'm not sure how to do that yet as I haven't completed any projects yet (well, I made some things but am not happy with them as they need a lot of tweaking).

Will this function as a bookcase as well or is it just decorative in that way? I wonder if placing book objects that function as a shelf would do the trick-- or is that already done?

I don't know how to add new functions and such to objects yet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
Thank you so much for this! There was a less cooler version on TSR but it looked pretty bad. This is just awesome! I hope my game is patched all the way up. I tried to get all of the patches loaded. I haven't purchased anything after Pets since nothing EA put out after that appealed to me.

I was confused about the Batman elevator post from someone until it was clarified. I know in the TV series they had bookcases that slid to reveal the Batpoles. In the comic books there was actually a large grandfather clock that slid aside when the hands were turned to the exact time Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed (I'm thinking 11 something). I wonder if it would be difficult to make a large grandfather clock over a small doorway and have it slide..

Do you have a link to the tutorial you mentioned? I'm particularly interested in how you got the slots right so that the shelves would fit in the right spot.

I'm thinking of taking on a project with a Captain's Bed/Storage bed with drawers and shelves underneath and someone suggested I could make it modular and have shelves behind and let people put the drawer faces on wherever they wanted. I'm not sure how to do that yet as I haven't completed any projects yet (well, I made some things but am not happy with them as they need a lot of tweaking).

Will this function as a bookcase as well or is it just decorative in that way? I wonder if placing book objects that function as a shelf would do the trick-- or is that already done?

I don't know how to add new functions and such to objects yet.

This bookcase functions for decorative objects so you can't use it as a book shelf

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#49 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 1:30 PM
This bookcase functions for decorative objects so you can't use it as a book shelf

Ok. Thanks. I could have sworn at some point there was a CC stack of books that functioned as a bookcase. I wonder if it would work with the books placed on the shelves somewhere.

Also, where was that tutorial you referenced? Was it on MTS or somewhere else?

The more I think about it, the more I remember that maybe the grandfather clock in Wayne Manor actually swung out like a door. I suppose making a bookcase swing would be pretty difficult. I just keep thinking of that scene in Young Frankenstein. "Put the candle back!" :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:38 AM
Thank you so much! I finally have something for my special agent sims!
Page 2 of 4