Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:41 PM
Default Arlo Bunch - Is There Hope?
After a long break I fired up my game today again and thought that I should finally venture into something I have postponed for ages - making over Arlo Bunch from Sunset Valley. The thing is I try to change him such that he still looks like Arlo, but, my, that is a difficult task. So, what I am looking for now is some inspiration and ask you what you did with this example of cruel genetics inheritance.

As a reminder, here's what Arlo looks like in CAS when aged up to Young Adult:

Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:11 PM
In one of my saves he and his twin sister were albinos. They looked convincing.
Here are some refference pics for further tweaking and polishing of the face(s):
https://news2.onlinenigeria.com/fil...i_482742139.jpg
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/danaleeo/albino9.jpg
http://www.thumperscorner.com/discu...11222/15500.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/c...dbf87537f56.jpg
Funky looking sims are the most fun to work with.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:34 PM
See this is why my Sims don't fucking have kids. The problem with the Bunches (and most other SV premades) is that they're ugly and they're total puddings. Arlo, by default, wears a cap backwards on his head. And he's about 10 years old, so my mind immediately goes to Bart Simpson. Now there's numerous episodes of The Simpsons that are set in the future, where we see the kids as adults. In one episode he's a fat stoner with a ponytail in a Hawaiian shirt, and his sister's the president, in another he's a happily married dad with fancy clothes and his sister's a polyamorous lesbian neurotic with daddy issues. So you could take inspiration for that.

Or you could take inspiration from that one episode of Star Trek where Wesley is turned into an adult, and then do the exact opposite of what happened in real life:

So either he can be like Wil here and stay exactly the same, but with an embarrassing beard, or you can hope he grows up into a handsome, confident adult like I did (true story).

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:39 PM
When I was writing the thread I made a bet how long it would take for you to chime in to tell me that I should either kill him straight away or that you refrain from having kids for that very reason. I thought you'd be the third to post. I lost my bet; you were second

But go on, show me your Arlos.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:30 PM
arlo isn't THAT bad it's tay bayless you need to worry about

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Sep 2019 at 1:25 AM. Reason: correction
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
arlo isn't THAT bad it's tay bayless you need to worry about

Tay Bayless? You mean 'The Swamp Thing'?

Young Jason Templeton here befriended him at school. Then he aged up and,,,

We have a saying in England, NFN: 'Normal For Norfolk'.

I suppose you might say Tay is NFT: 'Normal For Twinbrook'.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM Last edited by igazor : 12th Jan 2018 at 12:58 AM.
Hey, you guys better leave poor Tay alone. One of my sims, born in-game and who also has very distinctive features, mated with him (after he grew up, obviously) and they are very happy together. This pairing became the subject of a discussion on genetics on the EA forums a while ago. Out of curiosity back then, I took that household into a test game, gave them four children, and used MC's Play with Genetics after aging them up to ensure that the genetics of both parents were being picked up.

Three of the four kids turned out just fine and needed no further adjustments whatsoever except for poor clothing choices. The fourth one, well maybe not as fortunate. I'll let you figure out which one that might be.

Sorry, nothing helpful to add about Arlo. Some challenges I just don't have the energy for these days.
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
After a long break I fired up my game today again and thought that I should finally venture into something I have postponed for ages - making over Arlo Bunch from Sunset Valley. The thing is I try to change him such that he still looks like Arlo, but, my, that is a difficult task. So, what I am looking for now is some inspiration and ask you what you did with this example of cruel genetics inheritance.

Narrow and lengthen his nose slightly, whatever adjustment makes the space between the upper lip and nose diminish, to the realms of normal and he's somewhat passable...
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:44 AM
*screams and rushes to close the thread* MY EYES !

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Site Helper
#10 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 2:52 PM
I would give Arlo a moustache. Preferably one of those huge handlebar ones that the game doesn't have.
But yeah, lowering the nose would help, too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 3:27 PM
Here's my Arlo. I'm not big on changing genetics of premades so I left him be. His sister Darlene turned out pretty cute I think.

Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:00 PM
So, this is my current version. I lowered the face, raised the jaw, lowered the nose and made a few changes here and there. No cc sliders or modded slider range.

Of course, the question is whether I betrayed my own cause, i.e. is this still Arlo?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM
He's cute and all,but some sims and people are just meant to look "different". The OG Arlo was more soulful.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:23 PM
Of course, the question is whether I betrayed my own cause, i.e. is this still Arlo?

It definitely still is. Arlo and his family should be very happy. But this degree of disaster relief (aka. cosmetic surgery) would surely cost a HUGE amount of simoleons.
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
He's cute and all,but some sims and people are just meant to look "different". The OG Arlo was more soulful.
That's the thing, though, isn't it? I once made over the whole population of Bridgeport and while they all eventually looked better for some I had to revert to their original versions because something got lost.

Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
It definitely still is. Arlo and his family should be very happy. But this degree of disaster relief (aka. cosmetic surgery) would surely cost a HUGE amount of simoleons.
Ah, once the doctor saw him in person he had mercy and did it for free, saying that it was for the good of the country.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
I think he's adorable, especially in the first picture @lfria posted.

:D
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM
arlo is a god

My Tumblr
Scholar
#19 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:35 PM

Now you're making me want to load up a fresh game and give it a shot! I probably would've used a lighter hand because just lowering/lengthening that nose will make a huge difference and I would've left the jaw alone. He definitely looks like a Bunch though!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM Last edited by blyneliaivel : 12th Jan 2018 at 8:09 PM.
Straight outta CAS. I tried to keep his nose big and eyes a tad slanty
But there's one thing missing!! Character. It was gone a few sliders later.
I'll tweak him later after I'll find decent refference pics.I never saw people with a face like Arlo's anyways.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
Damn, dude. He looks so real now. I can't top that, so I'm not even gonna try.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#22 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:15 PM
I gave it a shot and he's looking more normal, though still recognizable. I thought such a dramatic face called for dramatic hair, so he looks like a drip. Then I aged him back down and he was a CUTE kid.
Screenshots
Scholar
#23 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM
I know this is about Arlo, but I felt bad about Tay. Anybody want to see what I did with him?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:27 PM
Yup,show him!
Scholar
#25 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:31 PM
i think we need to see arlo and tays child

My Tumblr
Page 1 of 3