Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 3:00 AM
Default Can passerby sims detect cheating?
I know that sims will detect cheating as long as they are on the same lot and awake, whether it be on a residential or community lot. However, while I was playing this evening, my sim was doing romantic interactions with one of their partners outside of their house when their other lover showed up on the lot as a passerby. I expected the lover to immediately react to the cheating and go through the whole slapping animation... but nothing happened. They rang the doorbell and just stood there, walking back and forth, looking over at my sim, waiting to be greeted.

This got me wondering, does the sim have to be part of the household or at least greeted on the lot for them to detect cheating on residential lots? Or is this some sort of glitch?

I do have ACR in my game, but I never use custom settings/use the spawner. I only ever use the default settings, which I'm pretty sure includes the Maxis default cheating/jealousy settings.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

(Also, I wasn't sure if I should add this to "Help" because it may not necessarily be a glitch, and more just a general question about the game's gameplay).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 4:19 AM
Yes, passersby will react to cheating. ACR does not default to EA jealousy settings, it has its own set of defaults.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 11:37 AM
According to the Prima Guide:

Prima Guide, so take with a grain of salt. Later patches/EPs or especially hacks (since you're using ACR) may have changed things.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives