Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
Default Someone with the 70's 80's and 90's stuff pack, what do you think?
I'm probably going to get it regardless for this small retro/vaporwave/aesthetic project I'm working on and I'd like most of the stuff to be primarily ea rather than me hunting a bunch of player made cc. But overall how do you like it? I'd just like opinions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:48 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Loved it. So much good stuff for the retro fanatic. Great for hipstery Sims. There's TS1 music in it too. Be warned, though, don't get it for the 70s or the 90s stuff because there isn't a lot of either. It's at least 60% 80s stuff. I love it but you might not.

Now there isn't a ton of any of the 3 decades but it's enough to, say, inspire an entire new savegame. Personally I just wish the Store had some sort of set to tie into any of the 3 themes. There's a good few separate Store items that tie into them but nothing to write home about.

And in fact, some of the Store items are pretty good with the whole 80s theme - that's what I've been looking for anyway. Maybe you could get those if you still have an itch that needs scratching after you're through with the pack. It should speak for itself that it's a priority to me...never enough content for Bridgeport'88! I got my EA content, my Store content, my own mesh/texture edits, assorted CC, and I'm still nowhere near done. But at least I'm creative enough to make something cool with it already.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:04 PM
omg that's right I remember seeing your project. I'm doing the same thing but on a MUCH smaller scale because of my attention span. As for the content I'm hoping the color palettes are whats going to make up for inconsistencies in the actual look of items, clothing, etc.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:13 PM
If you know how to Create-a-Style you'll find yourself solving A LOT of problems of that sort. Object has the right shape but the wrong texture? No problemo. The funny thing is that you never stop getting better at it. Like I keep figuring out new colours and discovering new patterns even after 7 years of playing TS3.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM
Cant wait to see pics!
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:37 AM
I'd recommend the store set with the diner furniture, it works really nicely for a variety of eras.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:50 AM
I quite like it. It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty good and a lot of fun. If you like the eras in question, get it. If you have strong opinions about the eras in question, definitely don't.

Thanks, I hate it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:15 AM
It's more accurate than I thought at first. With there being like 14 full body '80s-themed outfits for females, I figured I was never going to use all of them. But if you know where and how to use them, they're alright. The sectional sofa that comes with the pack works great in modern interiors; so do the Patrick Nagel-style paintings. I've used the 70s jump suit before, and the power suit with the weird leathery shoulders looks pretty good as a tacky costume. And a spandex leotard suddenly makes a lot of sense if one of your Sims decides to go do jazzercise. It's the hairstyles and the makeup I don't see myself using (unless you want to make Peggy Bundy), and I don't like most of the male clothing.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:51 PM
I guess there won't be a 1950s and 1880's stuff pack now. I'd pay good money for that, especially if they came with towns, cell phones were huge in the 1980s, only corded phones in 1950s, and No phones, just telegraph messages in 1885.

Sims are better than us.