Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM
Default Is there a non game random sim mod for sims 3?
Sometimes I just want to create random sims, based off of what the random button gives me, and usually it seems as though the random button isn't really all that random, all the sims it makes seems to be similar, or the exact same, I'd like a true random sim generator for sims 3.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:15 AM
I'm not entirely sure but I think it helps if you have more custom sims in the premade sims folder. Otherwise, the random generator only uses the few pudding sims designed by EA.

Maybe someone else can confirm?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:59 AM
I find that having custom skins, sliders, and hair colors saved really ups the random factor.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:46 PM
How do I get more premade sims?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 2:11 AM
When you're in Create-A-Sim, there's an option to save your Sim to the bin. Do that, and it'll make a wider pool of genetics to draw from for your randomized Sims. If you don't like to make Sims, you can always download them from here or the exchange.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Site Helper
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:59 PM
If you download them as Sims 3 Packs, you probably want to check them in CUSTARD http://www.modthesims.info/download...ghlight=CUSTARD before installing them. Package sims don't come with as much of a risk of attached CC, but you can get some really weird stuff tagging along in a Sims 3 pack.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook