Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Annoying Phone Error
I'm having the most annoying error on my phones, but only some of the time. I'm sure it has to do with some of my CC, but I can't replicate it reliably to test it out. What happens is that *sometimes* when I have a sim use the phone (attempting to call a sim is what I've been doing every time it has happened) i get an error. And then NOBODY on the entire lot can use the phone again until I reload the game. Exiting the lot and reloading does not help, the entire game has to be shut down and reloaded, and even that isn't a guarantee. I don't know if cell phone usage is affected as it's a currently prehistoric neighborhood, so no one there has cell phones.

I've attached one of the more recent error logs if anyone want to see if there's something in there that will say what cc is affecting my game. I've looked, but I honestly don't know what I'm looking at. There are three things that are the same in every error log (and I've got a lot concerning this issue by now)

1) The error is stated as "Error: Missing neighbor for data access"
2) A baby or toddler (Entai in the case of this log, a toddler, and a plantsim) is listed, so that may be the sim that it's trying to search. This sim is always a lot resident.
3) it lists this:
Quote:
Frame 16:
Stack Object id: 128
Stack Object name: Food - Dining - Nectarine Tartlette - Menu
Node: 4
Tree: id 8282 name 'Calls - Phone Call Available? (w/ Num Calls)' version -32758
from PhoneCallGlobals
Prim state: 1
Params: 1 128 10 Locals: 0 7 1

I have no clue what that is referring to as the only food on the lot is baby bottles and bass with squash. The log also refers to "Tree: id 4096 name 'New Year's Party - TEST' version -32752 from HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override" which is what i think is causing the error to be thrown, but i could be majorly wrong.

I've tried to duplicate the issue, so that I had a set of parameters to replicate to do a 50/50 in my download folder, but the game is not throwing it *currently* Even in a lot that I know it occurred in before. In fact i recall loading the lot one day, seeing a sim on the phone and thinking "okay, at least these guys can use the phone today." a few sim hours later when it was light again (and thus safe to place phone calls w/o sims getting mad) the error was back. But this time through, my sims are using the phone just fine. I thought that perhaps it was the babies or the plant-toddlers on lot that were causing the issue. But I loaded up one lot that had an infant and no plant-toddlers and that worked fine. Then I loaded a lot with plant-toddlers and no baby (but a pregnant sim) and no errors. And once the sim had her baby, again no errors. So that's every possibility that I thought might have caused the issue.

Oh and once the error pops up, its the same infant or toddler (usually a plant-toddler) that's listed until i go to another lot. On this lot, on that day, had a sim other than Onyse tried to use the phone, Entai's name would have been in the log. And once the error pops up, i don't have to click the phone, just mouse over it. But it won't occur until a sim attempts to make a phone call.

If anyone wants to try to shed some light onto this issue, be my guest. Or if you want to tell me some absurdly simple solution that I'm overlooking, I'd be more than grateful. If you need more info let me know.~VP
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N005_t1132660.rar (16.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:29 AM
You wouldn't happen to have this in your game?
Have you trying forcing errors with the batbox (after saving) ?

It seems that I solved just yesterday a Missing Neighbor For Data Access I had in my game (hopefully it doesn't return!). I deleted most of the sim's inventory, forced errors, deleted several objects that appeared at the beginning of my error logs, and replaced any mod/hack that was mentioned in the forced errors, for me it was this one.
(I supposed you've run the HCDU for conflicts and tried selling all phones and replacing them by new ones?)
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:40 PM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 1st Apr 2015 at 6:25 PM.
I don't have either of those two mods, so that's not it. Haven't tried the batbox, simply because i didn't want to deal with the thousand or so pop ups since I play in debugging mode, but I'll do it when I next load the game. Plus I had a pregnant sim on one of the lots (maybe more) and in my experience that makes the pregnancy times time out. Though I suppose if the baby was due before 6pm, it wouldn't matter when before six she had it... Back on topic. The last time I ran the HCDU was the last time I added a hack, a few months ago, to check to see if the conflicts would be benign. I'll do it again just in case something has snuck in. And I completely didn't think of selling the phones. I'll be back later to let y'all know if it helped. ~VP

Edit: Ran the HCDU, nothing conflicts that involves the phone, just things that I already knew about, and have been ignoring forever. Also ran Mootilda's Hood Checker as I fear this neighborhood has gotten corrupted and that might be the root of my issue. There's a long list of sims with no data, but those might be the premades and townies that I killed off. Haven't booted the game yet, will do so shortly. I'll check these sims with no data later if using in game options yields nothing. ~VP

Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:25 PM
You may have had someone trying to do a ACR function on your sim that was making the phone call at the same time and ACR is known to throw out errors like this, its hard to track down what happens but I think it was a minor error coming from an ACR functioning clash.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:11 PM
ACR is a great possibility, but I know for a fact that it has happened to sims who could not have been the target of an ACR action as the only sims on the lot at the time were the sim in question's parents and siblings. But if it is ACR, i can attempt to test that, can't I? Wouldn't having someone toss and ACR action from the "casual..." menu at the same time as the sim in question tries to make a phone call work?

Inventor
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
I once had a phone error. Can't confirm it as a fact, but in my case I think it was caused by using the batbox at the same time a sim was on the phone.
And specifically I used the option to make sure there were no off loiterers on the lot.
Who are in fact there if a Sim is with another sim on the phone. I simply did not connect the dots the off loiterer was there because of that phonecall.
After I used the option, the sim in question hang up the phone immediately and that phone couldn't be used anymore after it.
Only on that lot. Exit the game and reloading did nothing, so my solution was to bulldoze that lot, after the sims had left the building.
But it also could be because my hood was already corrupted and then these things can start to happen as well.