Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 7:00 PM Last edited by SpookSec : 10th Jul 2013 at 6:38 PM.
Default Break In Mod [Updated 3 -- Test package available]
G'day,

I was playing my Klepto/Crim and was wondering to myself why I couldn't bust into homes. I quickly went through the vast amount of information available here, and have come up with a mod that allows me to do just that.. Surprisingly simple.

I, however, would like to expand on it, and release it as I've seen other threads around of others doing so, but without end results for the public.

Features I'd like to add:

Limit to Klepto/Crims (With option to limit to Klepto, Crim, both or neither) <-- Can prob figure this out myself, tbh.
Integrate the Reaction (Broadcaster?) system into it. (I've looked over the original PI code.. Stumped, honestly.)
Code clean up -- I've effectively copy and pasted the PI break in, and modified it. I'm unsure what's left that I really don't need there, or should be modified to avoid problems down the track.

I don't want hand holding, I want a shove in the right direction. Even a "decompile this mod" would help.

Credits due:

twallan
Buzzler
SAS_Chester
Kolipoki [Seriously hope I got that right >.>]
Others to come, I'm sure.

I've included a #Dafaq123 search in comments around my code for stuff I'd like clarification on.

You can find my code at: http://wiki.en-u-ii.com/BreakIntoMod.txt

Update 1: to include code, I didn't notice if external links were allowed/disallowed, my apologies. I'll remove if I must. (Code is no longer up to date, left for those that wish to see the bare bone)

Update 2: Working .package available for those that want to test or use as is. Reply and I'll provide working link. Warning: Any problems it may cause to your saves is not my problem. You agreed to run it as is. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SAVES.
Should solve HomeOpener issue, ungreet then run. If someone could test, that'd be great. <-- Anyone know the view controls? I wish to make it so it'll set view level automatically so you can see inside on success, rather than doing it manually.
Should no longer be available on home lot.. Whoops.
Added Klepto/Evil/Burglar time modifier, no option yet.
Tied in above, how would one route the Sim into the house upon success? <-- I believe the code is already there, it just doesn't do anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Update 3: Uh-huh. Believe I've figured out the Reaction system, will implement and update with results. Noticed I could modify base settings with XML tuning. Not bad for someone that spent a night learning all this.
Has anyone toyed with IPreventSocialization? I believe this could solve an issue with when a Sim returns to their lot to find my sim breaking in, they don't just invite me in.. Amusing, sure, but not the desired effect. Possibly this will be solved with implementation of Reactions?
Still need clarification on CleanUp(), I have noticed once I leave a lot, it gets reset, so I'm assuming it IS called by the game and I have no need to make my own call? (Then again, could have something to do with SneakOn, a mod I'm using, or something the base game does.)
Messed with routing a bit, and I still don't seem to grasp how I would route a sim into the house in question. Any got some example code, or the view level control? (Suppose I could always find, say, a random sink on the lot and route my sim towards it for the desired effect, obviously there could be an issue with that. What if they don't have a sink? -- Could be applied to anything toilet, bed, whatever.. Same question applies though, What if? Torture chambers ftw.)
Trying to find a way to compare current sims CareerLevel, and Career so I could use it as a modifier, and/or limiter. Anyone got some insight?

At this stage taking requests for possible features to implement, seeing its close to a release stage. Once Reactions are done, and I've routed my sim/changed view level, and set up my user options, it'll be ready.
Test package still available but doesn't include reactions, but does include some fixes I've noticed from playing through with it. Reply for a link. Not posting for lurkers.

Cheers.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 11:48 AM
Are you still working on this? So many requests for a mod like this and then noboby replies? Tsk!

This space intentionally left blank...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 8:23 AM
Recently read about this mod on another thread. Would have loved to see where it went and how it ran especially since this is such a great feature.