Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 8:40 PM
Default How would I convert an item from TSM to TS3?
I'd really like to convert the "Magnum Mysterium" throne from Sims Medieval to Sims 3 so I can use it in my current storyline, but, even after searching Google regarding TSM-to-TS3 conversions, I have no clue how I would go about doing that. Is it even possible? If so, how would I go about doing it? And would it be something I could upload to MTS when I finish? Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 8:55 PM
It's certainly possible, as evidenced by the conversions here: http://medievalsims3.boards.net/thr...sims-medieval-3

If you already know how to create objects for TS3, then it's only a matter of extracting the assets (3D model + textures) from TSM.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 8:57 PM
All the objects I've created are for TS4, but I imagine the process is similar for TS3. How would I go about extracting the assets from TSM?

Instructor
#4 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 9:13 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 19th Oct 2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added link.
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
How would I go about extracting the assets from TSM?

I have no idea as I've never played TSM. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

ETA: actually, on the first page of Google results is this. Seems to be similar to TS3 and 4.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 19th Oct 2016 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link
I have heard that since TSM uses the same engine as TS3, the packages are either identical or almost identical, which means that you could easily export the files in the packages. Like, exporting the MLOD and, (I'm not sure if you got that S3PE tool but you can download it here. DO extract it with 7zip. WinRAR will corrupt things: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/807/index.htm)
export it as a S3ASC so you can later on edit it in Milkshape (and if needed, in Blender as well. I would export it as a Obj though), and then you just extract the textures from the package.

It's said that you can just open a TSM package with just S3PE. So no special tools for that one ^-^ I would have approached it this way. I've done the similar thing with TS2.

I guess it's time to reinstall TSM again ^-~

I've made a tutorial on converting game stuff to TS3. Sadly, it's not a TSM to TS3, but a Dragon age Inquisition to TS3 and it's for CASParts. But it's basically the same progress, since... well converting is kinda my thing
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:40 PM
Oops @butterbot, I didn't see your link there.

@PSduckie, here is an object tutorial that's pretty detailed.: http://poccisims3.blogspot.nl/2014_01_01_archive.html
It does us TSRW, and since TSRW at the moment is pretty broken for TS3, I would suggest downloading this version: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
I have no idea as I've never played TSM. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

ETA: actually, on the first page of Google results is this. Seems to be similar to TS3 and 4.

All right, I followed that tutorial; the problem, though, is that I can't figure out a) which one of the six TSM package files has the object in question and b) how I would find the data for that object and pull it out of the package file.

EDIT: I found that someone else already converted it! Thus, there is no real reason for me to continue and reinvent the wheel here.

Virtual gardener
#8 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 4:31 PM
Depends. My guesses are that the TSM packages are the same as how the TS3's are set up. Like, the first 3 being the ones that got all the updated stuff in them and the other 3 are the stuff that's already in the game if you don't update it.

For the sims 3, usually fullbuild01 and deltabuild01 are more like where the rigs and alll are located, so you don't really need that one. Though sometimes it does has some textures and MLOD you'll need. In fact, they're a bit... unorganised.
Fullbuild02 and deltabuild02 got the audio files.
Fullbuild03 and deltabbuild03 got all the textures.
Maybe it's the same for TSM?

You don't necessariy need every data. I would just go with the textures and mesh, in case you ever want to convert something from TSM to TS3 ^-^ (IMG files and MLOD/MODL files) ^-^