Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 8:17 PM
Default Replace animation of an object
Hi Simmers.
How do I replace an animation of a Sims 3 object?
Thank you
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 1:20 PM
You mean as an animation that a sim does when using the object or an object's animation?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 8:36 PM
What I really want to do is to change the pose of the sim when it uses de Hoverboard. I want to replace the pose with another one.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 8:12 PM
Sorry for the late reply! >.<

In theory, it should be possible. If you're familiar with default replacements, it should be possible to do so. The steps should be something like this (briefly explained):

- Find the animation somewhere in the deltabuild packages (It should be a CLIP animation)
- Export the correct CLIP file for the hoverboard. Make sure that you write down the instance, the group and the type.
- Import the clip file into Blender. Make sure that you opened the adult rig and selected the entire rig/skeleton of the model, THEN import your clip
- Make the changes you wanna make
- Save it as a Cliptool but do override the original file since we want to keep the name, instances, etc.
- Open S3PE then, file>new
- Go to resource>import from file and select the CLIP file
- Check the instance numbers/add the instance numbers when a new window pops up. And make sure that it has the correct group and type as well!
- Save your package and try it out! You just made a default replacement! ^-^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 8:18 AM
Hi. Thank you for your reply but I have made exactly what you say and it doesn't work.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 7:59 PM
And you did make sure that the instance numbers are exactly the same as the original CLIP file? And did you made sure that you have the correct CLIP file? Because I wasn't really able to find the CLIP files for the hoverboard actually, except for some cooking CLIP files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 9:11 PM
Hi!!! I don't want to do a default replacement. I just want to replace the animations of a cloned object with S3OC. All the tutorials that I found to make custom animations for an object, require to make a new script and a jazz file to make a new interaction to play a new custom animation, but a don't want to make a custom interaction, I want to replace the animations of a cloned object from the game with my animations.
I'm sorry to insist but I can't find a way to succeed.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 11:58 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 18th Dec 2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Added more info!
Well, I wished that it was possible >.< But here is the reason why it won't be possible:

As you clone your object, TSRW, S3OC or maybe another cloning program, will keep the script (which you can find in the objk file) there is a line that helps the object to find it's way to how it should work and function. CLIP files won't be clones with this since they belong with the script and not a cloned object.
However, what you could try is extracting the script ILspy, change the namespace and save it. Then, you want to find the Jazzscript and making sure that it won't override the original one (which you can do by not using the same 'instance' numbers as the original jazz file). Then, if I recall right, you can call your CLIP files (Just like you'd make a poses in Blender/Milkshape. It's the same progress) whatever you like, and you can even keep the ones you think that are okay in the Jazz script so you don't need to edit everything.

So, let's take a look at this sample script (scroll all the way to the end): http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Jazz

This line is the one that will be very interesting to work with:

}
State "o_alarmClockCheap"
{
Transitions to "Ring"
Play "o_alarmClockCheap"
{
Flags AtEnd, BaseClipIsObjectOnly
}
}

Especially the "o_alarmClockCheap" line.

But why? Well that's the animation name of the alarmclock. Though right now we're working with 'sims' and not an object. So Imagine this script was focused on a sim AND an object (which will be the case of when you'll work with the hoverboard jazz script). The 'o_alarmClockCheap' line would be something like 'af_hoverboard_jump' or something with 'af/am_TEXT' (If you're familiar with pose making you'll understand the age groups that you need to use at the beginning of your clip name).
So, say your clip file is called 'af_hoverboard_grab' or something, and the orginal name would look something like this:

}
State "af_hoverboard_get_on"
{
Transitions to "Ring"
Play "af_hoverboard_get_on"
{
}
}

(so "af_hoverboard_get_on") You want to replace that line with your own clip file's name: 'af_hoverboard_grab' so right now it would look something like this:

}
State "af_hoverboard_grab"
{
Transitions to "Ring"
Play "af_hoverboard_grab"
{
}
}

and that's basically how you edit the Jazz script the easy way! Of course you need to save it correctly and all, and eventually add the Jazz script within your cloned package and the 'custom' script
The tutorial you're referring to was actually made for creating an animated object yourself and basically manually. The tutorial that's all about the jazz script, has a very interesting explanation as well when you're making animations and I would highly recommend reading it (You wanna go to Animation Clip) ^-^

Sorry if this is all really confusing to you! I'm pretty new with jazz scripts as well >.<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 8:13 AM
Thank you for your reply and you patience. I will try this. Thank youuuuuuu <3 :lovestruc