Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 9:27 PM
Default Una Flexible
I know the name is hopeless. Una is ok, but the familyname needs a change. She's avantgarde, partylion, hates kids, friendly and diva. Lifetime wish is to be a top blogger or what it's called.

Does she have anything worth taking care of?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 11:42 PM
Her eye scale is...quite large. In game she has a deer-in-the-headlights look so scaling her eyes down some and using the (I think) eye shape slider to close the lids some would help with that.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 11:05 AM
I made her a halfhouse added some blush and fixed her eyes a bit.

Screenshots
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 11:50 AM
I have run into a bit of a problem here. She has this odd looking dark spot on her nosetip and I'm not sure if it's the skin from LadyFrontbum or if I need to widen her proportions a bit. You know?

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 11:56 AM
What LadyFrontBum skin is she using? I'd try widening the bottom of her nose a bit.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 12:00 PM
She's using "LadyFrontbum_Cleavage_Nice_Default" and "LadyFrontbum_Velvet_Face_DEFAULT"

I'm just worried that her proportions will be distorted if I just widen the bottom of her nose.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 1:50 PM
It might be as simple as having her mouth too close to her nose. That sometimes causes a little glitch just beneath the nose. I would try that first.

Also, for getting feedback on sims, it is usually best to stick your sim inside, up against a non-distracting background and throw in some lights (e.g. the buydebug lights) so they light up the sim's face.

I think her mouth is a bit "big" (top to bottom) in proportion to the rest of her face.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
It might be as simple as having her mouth too close to her nose. That sometimes causes a little glitch just beneath the nose. I would try that first.

I take it your talking about below her nose and not seeing the tip? Am I just focusing on the wrong thing?

Quote:
Also, for getting feedback on sims, it is usually best to stick your sim inside, up against a non-distracting background and throw in some lights (e.g. the buydebug lights) so they light up the sim's face.

She standing inside half a house with light above her, I just wanted something nice in the bachground. I can just turn her around and paint the wall in something else than black.

Quote:
I think her mouth is a bit "big" (top to bottom) in proportion to the rest of her face.

That may be, it's probably full of Botox
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I take it your talking about below her nose and not seeing the tip? Am I just focusing on the wrong thing?

That was me misreading what you said you were having an issue with. I thought you said you were concerned with a dark spot below her nose (a very common issue), not on her nose. My bad.

She standing inside half a house with light above her, I just wanted something nice in the bachground. I can just turn her around and paint the wall in something else than black.

The background really isn't important for this purpose. It's just "clutter". It doesn't really matter what's back there as long as your sim really stands out clearly from the "noise" in the background. The sim also needs to be well lit, so we can see the details clearly. You pictures are generally too dark/shadowy on the face.

The picture on the right is set up in the manner you described, with just a light above the sim. The picture on the right is done with the default setup I use.

This is a minimal setup, basically what you described, but with better lighting. See how the sim stands out more clearly? That is what you are aiming for. Getting the lighting right will also help in the long run when you do the "publicity photos" for your sim when you upload her.

That may be, it's probably full of Botox

I should hope not, Botox being a paralytic and all...
Screenshots
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 12:54 PM
I have light above her and infront of her, and the annoying spot is gone. Is this good for upload?
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 8:19 PM
The eyes still look a bit large in scale to me and could, maybe, be just a bit closer together. I like the background but it might be better to either crop the left hand side of the picture or retake it with the sim centered in the picture. Good job!
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:44 AM
To me, personally, I think the bottom of her nose is too close to the dip in her upper lip. I think she might benifit from having the entire mouth moved downwards a nudge.
Oh, and I'm with Simmy on the eyes.
I really like the jaw. Good job.