Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:24 PM
Default Townie mod?
I've been looking for a townie mod that will allow only user created sims to be used as templates. It also seems that most of time the townies created by the game are of the very large variety. I'd like a little more variety in weight size, I don't want all skinny people, but at the same time I don't want all over weight people in my town. I don't want to go into CAS to have to edit every sim I see that I don't like, I'd just like the game to create sims I prefer. I have Story Progression, and Master Controller, and wonder if I can prevent maxis created sims from being placed in town? I've thought of just getting rid of homeless sims, but I've heard that that will not allow rabbit hole jobs to be filled. So what are my options?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:32 AM
Check out the Immigration settings that come with Story Progression: Population, here (scroll down to Options:Immigration/Emigration) It's been a while since I've used them, but you'd be most interested in Random Sim Weight Range (setting it to something like -.75:.75 or -.50:50 would keep sims more average looking) and "Chance of Bin Offspring" and "Immigration Disallow Bin by House" NRAAS will generate sims using ones from your bin as townies, so you can say, create a few households of a variety of sims you want to use as genetic parents of your townies, and disallow all the other households in your bin so it only pulls from the ones you want. Oh, and also "Replace Service Sims with Immigrants" otherwise your npcs will all still be gross Zero-Slider puddings.

It takes some fiddling and experimentation but you can probably get what you want with that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:32 AM
Thanks, I was unaware of the service sim immigrant option, I've had Nraas for awhile, just not delved too deeply with it!