Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:08 PM
Default I'm stuck with the game
I love The Sims 3, but right now I feel a little stuck. Not the classic '' I don't know what to do now '' but another dilemma. I have no idea what world to play in. I have literally played in every EA world more or less and almost every Store world (not Midnight Hollow, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs though, they are not my cup of tea). I have literally played Aurora Skies so much I'm sick of it, same with Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides. I've also played Bridgewood, Moonlight Falls, Mesa Grande and Strangetown and are tired of them aswell.

I might sound picky, sorry, but right now I feel no excitement to play in any of those worlds. Any tip or idea? I'm wondering if I should give Lunar Lakes, Riverview or perhaps even Bridgeport a second chance. I could download a custom world, but I dislike having to install all expansion and stuff packs that several worlds require - I don't want a slow game. Anyone else who usually runs into this problem=
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:47 PM
I'm playing Dragon Valley at the moment and love it. If you're into medieval/Celtic stuff I'd definitely recommend it, though you do have to change the two bars from Hangouts to something else if you want to, and you may want to add more beds to some of the lots that are big enough yet, for some reason, only have enough beds for a single sim or a couple.

If you can't find a world you like, you might want to just take a break from playing. Sometimes I get sick of the game itself and no new challenge, world or sim can fix it until I walk away for at least 1-2 weeks (Doom isn't going to play itself, after all ). It's easier now to be away from the game for a bit, since there's not as much custom content coming out and I don't have to be afraid of accidentally missing something good.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:09 PM
I notice you did not specifically mention Sunset Valley.

Anywho, I like to take a world, delete all the sims and all the lots, place lots from MTS or other really nice lot sites, being certain to include plenty of fun community lots, repopulate with Twallan's SP, and there you go. I recently started a new legacy in Sunset Valley and only have Generations and Seasons installed to keep things trim while starting out. I'll add other EPs to the mix after the kids are grown.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:14 PM
Have you tried Roaring Heights? If you want to stick to EA worlds, that one is really one of the better ones.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I notice you did not specifically mention Sunset Valley.

Anywho, I like to take a world, delete all the sims and all the lots, place lots from MTS or other really nice lot sites, being certain to include plenty of fun community lots, repopulate with Twallan's SP, and there you go. I recently started a new legacy in Sunset Valley and only have Generations and Seasons installed to keep things trim while starting out. I'll add other EPs to the mix after the kids are grown.

That sounds pretty fun! As much as I like Sunset Valley, it's not really what I'm looking for right now. But your later idea sounds fun, I just have to learn how to repopulate with SP

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Have you tried Roaring Heights? If you want to stick to EA worlds, that one is really one of the better ones.

Right now .. I'm not sure if I'm tired of it or not gonna go find out I guess
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:38 PM
I can't tell what EP's you have installed but there are quite a few lovely worlds here that don't require many EP's.

This one might change your play considerably, for example: The Kingdom of Niua Simoa There is also a version that requires WA.

I just started a legacy in Riverblossom Hills but that needs WA, Ambitions, and Late Night.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 8:01 PM
There are some great Challenges Here At MTS that might pique your interest.
If you are looking for some new custom content worlds there is a listing of user played and recommended worlds Here
Or you could add a Playable Tomb to spice up your game.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
... I just have to learn how to repopulate with SP

It's easy-peasy. StoryProgression/General Options/Options: Lots/Options: Immigration/Emigration/Rapid Immigration. This will rely on the other options in Emigration/Immigration to determine various aspects of your sims. There are a lot of options that can be set. RealSims3 has a nice step-by-step guide to the basics that also incorporates awesomemod. If you don't use awesomemod, the SP specific steps will still get your town populated quickly. (Obviously immigration must be enabled first. StoryProgression/General Options/Options: Lots/Options Immigration/Emigration/Immigration Guage (set to any number higher than 0 to enable.))

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:40 AM
...I just have to learn how to repopulate with SP...

There is a little background on setting the gauge, setting the number of residents, stopping immigration, and easy steps for Rapid immigration on this Population-Town Management Tip Page. There's also other tips with more town management options that are pretty easy to follow.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:30 AM
I actually downloaded Ocean View, placed lots and populated it the way you told me (thank you guys!)

It was fun until I noticed every townie was wearing Midnight Hollow clothes/hair
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM
I need to learn how to blacklist store CAS dlc myself. Everything being enabled for random is the reason why I don't keep certain store worlds installed unless I'm playing that world and only that world. Midnight Hollow is the most extreme case.

One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 10:40 PM
@ZenGarden, I'm not sure what settings you chose when you populated your world with SP. For my unpopulated worlds (which are essentially all of them, as after a few plays I usually am bored/unimpressed with the premades usually provided) I rely on using my bin of custom sims exclusively for generating the residents. I have about 50 to 75 custom sims in there with "good" genetics, and my towns end up with a collection of generally attractive residents, instead of generic EA versions. Which is great for legacy play, because I can find decent looking sims to partner into my legacy family without radical plastic surgery. OK, maybe some therapy time to correct any incompatible with living a normal existence traits, but at least they look good.

Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I need to learn how to blacklist store CAS dlc myself. Everything being enabled for random is the reason why I don't keep certain store worlds installed unless I'm playing that world and only that world. Midnight Hollow is the most extreme case.

NRaas Dresser can kill off that stuff, but it's hard to find all the crap that can get randomized for the most inappropriate occasions, so in the end, a quick trip into Stylist courtesy of MC allows me to edit the offensive outfits whenever I see them in town. Kinda sucks doing it with a town full of sims jumping into the pool wearing an overcoat, but it really only takes a few seconds to fix. Unless, of course, you just want to laugh at them, instead.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:08 AM
I love The Sims 3, but right now I feel a little stuck. Not the classic '' I don't know what to do now '' but another dilemma. I have no idea what world to play in. I have literally played in every EA world more or less and almost every Store world (not Midnight Hollow, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs though, they are not my cup of tea). I have literally played Aurora Skies so much I'm sick of it, same with Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides. I've also played Bridgewood, Moonlight Falls, Mesa Grande and Strangetown and are tired of them aswell.

Why don't you create some objects or a world?

It's challenging but also very rewarding, and it always helps me break up gameplay and keep it fresh.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
NRaas Dresser can kill off that stuff, but it's hard to find all the crap that can get randomized for the most inappropriate occasions, so in the end, a quick trip into Stylist courtesy of MC allows me to edit the offensive outfits whenever I see them in town. Kinda sucks doing it with a town full of sims jumping into the pool wearing an overcoat, but it really only takes a few seconds to fix. Unless, of course, you just want to laugh at them, instead.

I use Easy CASP Editor which is great for EP and SP content, but it can't see store dlc.

Manual blacklisting for Dresser is a very tedious process. Ain't nobody got time for dat. Instead I edit the fashion-challenged sim in CAS.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:24 PM
For anyone not familiar with EasyCASP here is more detail and tips for using the application On This Page