Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 8:47 PM
Default At this point I'm embarassed to ask
A bit embarassed to ask, but about these lightning mods: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting+mod

Are you supposed to only pick one or can you combine as long as you use the same water type?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:01 PM
I just took them in and out perhaps with a clean of cache each time. For some you needed to choose a water mod as well, or perhaps you didn't have to, but it may end up looking a bit odd with the default one. You should probably make sure you don't combine two that change the same thing, so it should say in the text werther you need a different water mod or not. It could fix water and all the other at the same time.

Edit: those last one's must be for TS4, something about dropping them in with .exe file. I think I just used it as a regular mod.

Quote:
To Install: You simply put the package file in your mods folder with the rest of your package files.
Also you do not need any of the expansion packs or worlds for this to work

If you click on environmental mods in the left meny and just scroll a bit down, you get to the TS3 one's.
#3 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:16 PM
I believe that in the case of lighting mods marked as default, you should only use one.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I just took them in and out perhaps with a clean of cache each time. For some you needed to choose a water mod as well, or perhaps you didn't have to, but it may end up looking a bit odd with the default one. You should probably make sure you don't combine two that change the same thing, so it should say in the text werther you need a different water mod or not. It could fix water and all the other at the same time.

Edit: those last one's must be for TS4, something about dropping them in with .exe file. I think I just used it as a regular mod.

If you click on environmental mods in the left meny and just scroll a bit down, you get to the TS3 one's.

I was talking about the one's for The Sims 3, the one's that change sky and water colour, I forgot that the blog also does FX mods now

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I believe that in the case of lighting mods marked as default, you should only use one.

Oh alright
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM
Love brntwaffels lighting mods . Yes, you are only supposed to choose one BUT .. there is way to edit individual worlds. I have a couple of threads from conversations in here bookmarked but haven't tried any of it yet but perhaps you'll find them helpful: This One and [This Thread
dodgy builder
#6 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:24 PM
A default lighting mod? How is it possible to use two lighting mods? Perhaps I can use cast and choose color on each house in my hood? (just kidding)

Some of the mods have a lot to choose from, I would stick to only one at a time.

hm ... when I'm talking about default I talk about the settings from EA ... :p