Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:11 PM
Default Help! Everything has gone!
I recently loaded my game (Sims 3, expansion packs University Life and Seasons) and everything had disappeared. I checked and all my CC and the Saves folders and .backup ones are still there, but nothing comes up when I load the game. I think I've lost all my exchange stuff too, which I'm not that bothered about, but I don't understand what's happened to my game.

If all the folders are still there, why aren't my games coming up when I load my game? It was working fine a few months ago.

Please help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 3:53 AM
I am assuming you are on Windows and not a MAC.
Would you clarify please: are you saying that your The Sims 3 Folder is in My Docs and in tact? What happens when you start a game?

You could also try renaming your current The Sims 3 Folder to The Sims 3 Original Folder or put it on your desktop. Then try to start a game and see if it loads. (Starting a new game will regenerate your The Sims 3 Folder).
dodgy builder
#3 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 9:51 AM
It looks to me like your game is just not loading. There are numerous ways around this, just follow some easy steps. Barbarats suggestion is a good place to start.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I am assuming you are on Windows and not a MAC.
Would you clarify please: are you saying that your The Sims 3 Folder is in My Docs and in tact? What happens when you start a game?

You could also try renaming your current The Sims 3 Folder to The Sims 3 Original Folder or put it on your desktop. Then try to start a game and see if it loads. (Starting a new game will regenerate your The Sims 3 Folder).

Yes, The Sims 3 folder is in My Documents and is intact.
Well, the game loads but none of the games I've been playing load/come up. It loads like I've downloaded the game for the first time and have just started playing. I had about 5 games in progress and they've just disappeared. It asks me to start a new game rather than loading the main menu and showing my previous games.

Okay, I'll try that. Just move the entire The Sims 3 folder (which is originally located in My Documents) onto the desktop and then try and load the game again?
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Multi-posting is bad, m'kay?