Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:38 PM
Default Museum paintings disappearing?
Hey guys. I had my artist Sim go to the art museum lot and hang some of her paintings... trouble is, after she left, they all disappeared. :/ What's happening? I'm so disappointed.... Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:49 PM
I've sold some, and they pop up there, but I thought I could go in and place some deliberate choices since the museum-buying script only displays random works. Idk. Is this a common glitch? I've seen people sya you can hang paintings yourself no problem
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 9:23 AM
It's been a long time since I've done any decorating at the museum with my Sim's stuff. But a long time ago, I believe that every time I went into Edit Town, the stuff was returned to my Sim's family inventory. Did you get any pop-out messages saying that things were returned to your inventory or did they just vanish from the museum's walls?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:56 PM
I used to make my Sim go to the art gallery and spray paint murals but every single time the cops would come to arrest my Sim. liek if u cri evrytiem
Banned
#7 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
I used to make my Sim go to the art gallery and spray paint murals but every single time the cops would come to arrest my Sim. liek if u cri evrytiem

1 liek = 1 bail post
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikobristen
Wait, if sims sold their paintings, there are chances it'll be exhibited(shown? hung? idk the word to use) in the museum? Or am I reading this wrong.? I mean, I never knew that.

Edit: displayed. That's the word I was looking for.

The way this works is that if it's a painting you really care about and hope to see again, it will vanish forever. If it's one you couldn't care less about, it will be prominently displayed, exhibited, and/or hung every time you go. How the game manages to figure out ways to annoy us like that so quietly and efficiently is a testament to its brilliant programming.

ETA: Whoops, forgot to check the dates of the OP. Hope two months doesn't count as a necro-revival, didn't mean to add to that.