Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Dec 2015 at 10:29 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland - Custom (Mountain) Vacation Subhood - (Uploaded!)
Update Winter Wonderland is finished and can be downloaded here. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569372

I started working on this when I first saw MTS's current monthly theme of December. And because I always wanted to create my own mountain vacation subhood, I decided to create this subhood.
And now it's finished and ready to be playtested.

Winter Wonderland doesn't require any CC. I only used EA's content.
It's been created using AnyGameStarter with no Maxis content.
It requires the Base Game, Holiday Stuff Pack (Both; Holiday Party Pack and Happy Holiday Stuff Pack), Open For Business, Seasons and Bon Voyage.
I used my Sleepy Mountains SC4 for this neighborhood.

If you want to playtest this neighborhood, download the file I attached here (MWW1) and put it into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
Because this is a 'beta' version and not a 'final' version, I don't recommend adding this to any of your neighborhoods which you play, maintain and care for. Please create a new throw-away test neighborhood and add Winter Wonderland to that neighborhood instead.

At the moment, there are no sims in the neighborhood but if you want to have custom locals too, I could create them. But first, I want to make sure that everything's working well.
All of the lots are festively decorated, meaning each house should have at least 1 Christmas tree and so on.

There are 6 hotels and 6 rentable vacation homes. One of which is a campground, one of which is a glamorous hotel and there's a motel too.
No sims have been created in this neighborhood. I used SimPE to make the neighborhood snowy.

Oh and I didn't even test whether the secret Hidden Burrow lot is working or not. So can anyone confirm it's working? The game should generate a Big Foot if you visit that lot.
And I haven't written the descriptions yet. I'm sorry! But I'll do that soon.
* Edit: I've tested it and the game is generating a Big Foot, so it's working. But I'd need another playtester who can confirm it's also working in their game.

And if you think there are too many trees, I could remove some of them. I tried to create a forest but maybe I placed way too many lots.

And I set the seasons to winter only, but I'm not sure whether this will stay or not, you may have to change this yourself after adding Winter Wonderland to your test neighborhood.

Anyway, thank you for your time and playtesting. I'll credit you (playtesters) once the neighborhood is officially uploaded.

ETA:Attachment Removed. The vacation subhood is officially uploaded now. Have fun with it! Thank you for anyone who playtested Winter Wonderland!
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 7:26 AM
This looks beautiful in the screen shots! I have just downloaded and will play test straight away.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 10:41 AM
I'll try today but I'm a bit pressed for time atm and I still want to have another look at Peni's university.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 10:47 AM
I have very much enjoyed exploring this winter wonderland in the company of Beulah Land and Daytona Beech. Oh my goodness!! This is a beautiful, well planned and wonderfully detailed vacation destination. So much to do for all ages. The variety of lodgings makes this the perfect place for honeymoons, anniversaries, family trips and more. Definitely plenty to see and do. Lit up after dark this certainly is a wonderland.

Something that that impresses me is how different each lot and each lodging is from others while still in keeping with the overall theme

One could have a complete vacation by checking into the posh hotels ( Luxurious and Glamorous) without leaving the hotel grounds.

The bridge at River Park really stands out and is very attractive.

Having the season set at Autumn upon arrival allows for fishing and highlights the landscaping and means that tourists are less likely to need thawing out, However, I'm thinking that this could perhaps sometimes be changed to winter when our sims are wishing for snow to look at and play in ( snow is lovely with holiday lighting)

I am amazed at the architecture. Reminds me of an Alpine village.

At Pond Park the ladies, after dark, enjoyed lighting the two small trees near the entrance, they LOVED the spa and could have spent days exploring the museum.

The only thing I found that interfered is at the Timber Park where a close by evergreen tree's branches reach rather far into the ladies rest room.

The ladies enjoyed visiting the campground and declared it to be "quite lovely" - yet decided to leave the camping out lark to younger folks.

This had to have been a LOT of time consuming work to create.

(Before taking Sims there to play test, I explored via build mode. The Sim ladies tested each of the lodging restaurants. Overall neither they nor I found any thing amiss - other than the tree branches in that restroom..)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 4:17 PM
@teafortwo
Thank you for playtesting Winter Wonderland! I appreciate it a lot. Thank you for the nice comments on the lots too. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Having the season set at Autumn upon arrival allows for fishing and highlights the landscaping and means that tourists are less likely to need thawing out, However, I'm thinking that this could perhaps sometimes be changed to winter when our sims are wishing for snow to look at and play in ( snow is lovely with holiday lighting)

I actually set the seasons to Winter only but as it seems, the game changes my setting to the default setting for mountain destinations (Autumn-Autumn-Winter-Winter).
So the seasons have to be set manually after adding the subhood to a neighborhood.

Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
The only thing I found that interfered is at the Timber Park where a close by evergreen tree's branches reach rather far into the ladies rest room.

I wouldn't have noticed this. Thanks! It will be fixed in the second beta version.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Space Pony
#6 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 6:10 PM
Love it <3 So far only thing I noticed was there were no chairs to sit and dine at the cheapest rental house. My sim had to eat from the couch or standing.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:13 PM
@Kukamuukaanmuka Thank you for your report! I'll fix that soon.

The second version should be available by tonight or tomorrow. I'm still haven't got into writing the lot descriptions. I'll have to do that too.

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@teafortwo

I actually set the seasons to Winter only but as it seems, the game changes my setting to the default setting for mountain destinations (Autumn-Autumn-Winter-Winter).
So the seasons have to be set manually after adding the subhood to a neighborhood.

Well, then the game does have a mind of its own
I did not have time to test visiting Big Foot to double check for you. Hopefully some one else will have done, however, I will try to do so today. It does appears that different testers are covering more and different places. Good team work!
Space Pony
#9 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 11:47 PM
The second version should be available by tonight or tomorrow. I'm still haven't got into writing the lot descriptions. I'll have to do that too.

Oh please do I was so tempted to add this already at my actual neighborhood, as I do not mind of descriptions as those are not at my own language anyway Allready found my favorite lot what my future sim will buy. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:07 AM
I´ve also a little bit tested this amazing Neighborhood.
Thank you for your hard work

I´ve noticed, in the "Rusty Cabins", there are 2 Doors missing to the Bathroom´s.
and the way to one of these "Tree Ring" is blocked (?)
Here is a screenshot:
Screenshots

I´m not a native english speaker.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 2:49 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 24th Dec 2015 at 4:48 PM.
@Tigercat58

Thank you for playtesting! I'll fix these problems that you've found.

Has anyone tested the secret vacation lot yet?

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 4:46 PM
The second beta version has been uploaded. The lots have proper names now and each lot should have a description. If you have better lot name/description suggestions or if you find any typos or other grammar issues, please let me know.
All of the issues that have been listed here are fixed now. Thank you for your time and playtesting!

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:01 AM
OK. I've playtested Winter Wonderland myself and found some issues which I've fixed in the 3rd beta version.
Hidden Burrow also has a description now and I've written a 'guide book', just like EA's vacation destinations have. To read it, click on the Storytelling button in neighborhood view.

If there aren't any issues, this version will be the final version (no sims version).
Speaking of sims, would you like to see custom locals too? Or do you want the game to generate those locals?
My locals will look a bit 'cartoon-ish' though if I decide to create them, so we also get the Winter Wonderland vibe in sims. Meaning you'll see a sim who looks like Elsa wandering around town.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 1:25 PM
Thank you Jawusa. Happy Holidays

My Sim travelled to the Average Hotel Inn.
She was checking in, but no other Sims/Tourists are there.
No one came, then a Sim in Sportswear, came to the Hotel door,
and rang the doorbell!!??
When my Sim checking out, and will end the vacation, then suddenly came the
other Tourists. A Bug/Glitch? hm..I dont know.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 1:40 PM
@Tigercat58
I think you're using an older version of the neighborhood. As it's not called Average Hotel Inn anymore, I renamed it to 'Alpine Inn'.
Can you please re-download the neighborhood and test that again?

While playtesting the latest version, other tourists came and checked in just fine.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 4:19 PM
So, i have the Winterwonderland deleted in the NB View,
then i created a new WWL. My Sim travelled to the Alpine Inn.
This "doorbellringing Thing" happens again, my Sim greetings
one Tourist, then the others came the "normal" way in the Hotel,
and checked in.

Okay, i noticed that in the restaurant i could clicking the Podium
to be seated, but the Manager/Host did not come out and show me my
table.
I see that the podium stand to close to the wall and the sink always produce
"puddles" and between the outsidewall and the counter are stacking a kitchen decoobject.
I have no screenshot of this object. So, i remove several objects and finally i was able to
be seated and dining. But one old Lady still ringing the doorbell.
Here are two Screenshots, the stacking deco object was next the chef's stove in the wall.
I hope you understand what i mean, it´s a bit difficult to describe in a foreign language
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:14 PM
Okay, I'll see what I can do there.
Thanks.

The doorbell issue doesn't happen in my game. Could you temporarily take out your Downloads folder and test it again? I don't have any mods installed while playtest and this doesn't happen in my game.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 7:18 PM.
Okay. The neighborhood is officially uploaded now. The final version is available here.
Thank you so much for playtesting it!
I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas everyone! @Tigercat58 Frohe Weihnachten!

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#19 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:09 PM
Congratulations Jawusa !!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:17 PM
Okay. The neighborhood is officially uploaded now. The final version is available here.
Thank you so much for playtesting it!
I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas everyone! @Tigercat58 Frohe Weihnachten!

Thank you Jawusa - Dankeschön - Merry Christmas

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:19 PM
I was able to fix this podium issue in the last minute, thank you for reporting it just on time.
And you're welcome! Bitteschoen.

My Simblr