Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:47 AM
Default Adult with teen aesthetics
First of all, I want to say that it seems (to me at least) that I start new treads a lot here. I do genuinely do my research beforehand, but I tend to have wants for the game that are not easy to find. That being said, let's get on with it:

I'm not looking for a mod, so much as a way to do something. I want to find a way to have an adult sim to look like a teen. To clarify, that basically means having a teen sim that is recognized by the game as an adult, and therefore has all possiblities of an adult, without having the possibilities of a teenager.

Googlesearching for this just gives me a lot of angry discussions about how teens look like adults in the sims 4, but also great solutions to my problem.... if I was still playing the sims 2.

I ask for this partially because I feel that it should be possible. I have been experimenting around a little; for example, using the trick to create human-looking plumbots with the added step of removing the plumbot status, but this apparently just ends up creating a normal sim :p

But there should be something possible with all the Nraas mods I have right?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 6:58 PM
Alright, there's a few different things you can do here.

NRaas Woohooer and Retuner give teens the ability to Woohoo, Try for Baby, and use certain objects like the juice bars and kegs, but you'll need to fiddle around with the settings a bit. I'm honestly not sure what you can do for teens to have the same rabbit hole careers as I've never tried it, but children and up can have many of the same self-employed careers as adults (at least if you have NRaas installed; not sure if it works in a vanilla game).

If you're not averse to using custom sliders, you can also use CmarNYC's Height Slider to give your Young Adult sims the same height as a teen, then use whatever clothes and accessories you want to have them dress like a teen. I find that the default sliders tend to make most of my Sims kind of babyfaced anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 7:34 PM Last edited by peepeevs : 11th Feb 2016 at 7:40 PM. Reason: Adding something
Hey thanks for responding,

I know of the height slider very well, and I did consider it, but then I remembered the problem I had with it. It makes all the sims in my town get a random height, and this ends up messing up a lot of animations (like kisses "miss" eachother).

I'm not entirly sure how to give teens adult carreer tracks, but I was fairly sure that it was possible. But that wasn't my main issue anyway:

Maybe it helps if I elaborate on my problem: It is actually related to this thread I started. I ended up using the hospital overhaul mod to get the abilty to sterilize certain sims. Problem now is that the mod will not allow me sterilize teen sims, but only adults. They should be able to have safe intercourse too!

Since I was tired of teen sims having to go to school anyway, I thought that this might be a solution to both problems. And like I said before, I felt it should be possible. I think Inteen could do a similair thing in the Sims 2.

To just make sure I have given all info possible, here is a list of the Nraas mods that I both actively use and know well, and might potentialy be of some use to this issue (e.g. homeopener is not gonna help):
- Debugenabler
- Errortrap
- Mastercontroller
- Register
- Retuner
- Woohooer
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:19 PM
You may be able to use NRaas StoryProgression's caste system to specify what jobs are allowed for each caste. You can already do things like restrict pregnancy, romance or death, or enable them for only certain castes (e.g. allow teens to flirt with adults but not elders). StoryProgression's caste system also allows you to either enable or disable teen pregnancy as well, and specify which caste teens can get pregnant by or impregnate (e.g. can get pregnant by teens and adults, but not elders).

@igazor may be of more help to you on this

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:28 AM
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the NRaas mod called Mover that allows teens in the active family to move out of their parents' house and live on their own. I believe StoryProgression has an option to allow inactive teens to move out on their own. You can also use WooHooer to enable teens to do romantic interactions with adults.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:58 AM Last edited by peepeevs : 12th Feb 2016 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Just cause
@Sweetdevil
Storyprogression is the one Nraas mod that I don't like using. My game is already kinda laggy, and the storyprogression mod makes this twice as bad.
Nevertheless, I did actually try it, but for some inexplicable reason, even having both household and the teen sim's option on "Allow pregnancy: False", it is still not working for me. My teen is still getting pregnant. Maybe it is the costum risky woohoo, or maybe it is conflicting with some other mod, I'm not sure.
I'll think I'll PM igazer to take a look at this thread, hopefully he'll have some insight.

@haywud
Thanks for the help, but moving teen sims out is not really an issue. There are numerous ways to do so.

I'm starting to give up hope a little that my original plan is not really possible

While writing this I remebered that I used to do a similair trick in the Sims 2 with S2PE. Might it be possible if I use S3PE? I am not at all at home with that one.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:09 PM
Sorry (not enough coffee yet this morning), but I'm a little confused as to whether you are now trying to make YAs look and behave like teens or teens act like YAs. I'm gonna go with the second one.

It does sound like you are getting close in that regard. I think you can already manage making a teen head of household if you needed that, although the solution I usually use involves Mover (not listed above?). With regard to having to go to school and that getting in the way of work schedules, perhaps the Careers mod and it's Homeschooling option will work for you.

SP by itself doesn't prevent pregnancies from forming, that's Woohooer. The SP settings govern whether a sim can stay pregnant, that is, whether the pregnancy can progress. If it's disallowed at say the teen sim (or caste) level, then SP will terminate the pregnancy when it gets around to noticing it. If not, it will be allowed to continue.

The way to essentially sterilize sims is to have both Woohooer and SP in play, have the link between the two mods set to True (under Woohooer > General, it's True by default but has been known to goof up upon having sims travel), and use SP >Sim (Household, Caste) Options > Pregnancy:Allow Participation > False.

No, HomeOpener is not going to help much. Nor is PocketProtector, sorry wrong kind of protection.

Does this get you any closer to where you want to go?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:28 PM
You could always disable the interactions that lead to teen pregnancy, which are Risky Woohoo and Try for Baby. If you've hidden Risky Woohoo, I'm not sure if setting the chances of success to 0 will help, but it doesn't hurt to test.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 3:15 PM Last edited by peepeevs : 23rd Feb 2016 at 5:57 PM.
My real life got a liitle busy all of a sudden, and this thread (and the whole game for that matter) sorta got away from me :P, so I am sorry for the late response.

@igazor
Yes, I was trying the second one: I want to make a sim that looks like an teen, but functions (and is recognized by the game) like an adult. Like I said before, I am not at all as fimiliar with SP for the Sims 3, as I was with SP for the Sims 2. What I meant by my "similair trick", was that in the Sims 2 I was able to designate any sim into any lifestate (teen, adult, etc.), whilst still retaining the aesthetics of the life state that they were in before I designated them.. That way, I was able to create what I am going for right now in the Sims 3.
That said though, I will give the suggestions you gave me a shot, and see where I land. Also, the option of dissallowing an individual sim to ever stay pregnant, would also give the result that I want. The whole reason I don't want them pregnant, is basically so that they won't get any more babies. I don't mind the actual pregnancy itself, as long as it doesn't drag on for too long.

@IndigoMontaya
I appreciate your reply, but that would sorta defeat the purpose that I am going for here.

Ok, I'm just going to give SP3E a go, and I'll edit this post on how it works out.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 1:28 AM
If any of your teens get pregnant you can always end the pregnancy with Master Controller (I think MC is the one that does that anyway. I use most of the Nraas mods in my game).