Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:40 AM
Default Q-xpress?
i am just trying to get back into sims 2 and been going nuts trying to install mass amounts of sims2packs and saw somewhere something about a program or something called Q-xpress to batch install? i cant find it anywhere.
i've tried multi-sims2pack installer, but that didnt work for me.

thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:12 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Sep 2016 at 5:36 AM.
I don't think I've heard of those. Had to look up Qxpress, and I can only find a 'how-to' on the help page, since the download links no longer work. My guess is that it's old and outdated. Same with the Multi-Sims2pack Installer (which seems to be for walls and floors).

Sims2pack files should be installed one by one (so you know what's in what - otherwise you'll leave your Downloads folder in a huge mess) with either the default installer (comes with the game - just double-click the files, they should install on their own. Has a tendency to mess up file names) or the Clean Installer (less chance of screwing up file names, and gives you more control so you can delete files you don't want). The Clean Installer is updated to work with AL/M&G, in addition to a small update so it works with the Ultimate Collection.

Most of the community - those who use Windows, anyway - use the Clean Installer. There's another one for Mac, but I can't remember the name.

If you absolutely want to use other installers, make sure they're updated, or they might cause problems. Be careful what you download - if it's something old and obscure, I'd stay far away from it if I were you. There are many free unzip/unrar programs that do the same thing, and combined with the Clean Installer, you'll have what you need.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:50 AM
I believe Q express was taken down some years back. Most people use WinRar. Clean Installer is needed for lots and sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 11:58 AM
Yeah Q-Express has long gone.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 5:05 AM
ahhh... bummer

with all the effort i put into the sims 3 and sims 4 with c/c and mods over the years, im really feeling lazy about going thru it all again with an old game like sims 2. i downloaded the TSR website and a few others stuff from the paysitesmustbedestroyed site. (yeah... i been that lazy) lol.

I love TSR content but i hate TSR, the ads are rediculous. pisses me off everytime i go there.

though i do own all EPs and SPs that i bought years ago i really havent messed with it since sims 3 released. sims 2 never had the appeal to me that it does with many other people.

im considering it now cause i caught the free ultimate collection from origin 2 years ago so atleast the game would be easy to install without using all the disks lol. guess i'll dust the game back off some other time when i really feel up to it lol.

thanks for the responses everyone.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 5:18 AM
It is easy to install CC. zip files need to be opened (any unzipper that handles zip and rar formats will do - you probably already have one if you've downloaded for TS3/TS4), package files can be put directly into the Downloads folder (but you might want to sort things in folders inside it, for a cleaner look), and Sims2pack files can be installed with the Clean Installer.

It's not like those programs you mentioned above makes the install process much easier or simpler.

As for ads on TSR, I recommend downloading adblocker for your browser(s). It does add that annoying extra downloading time, but at least you don't risk anything with the ads --> https://adblockplus.org/

There's a huge amount of much better CC all over the TS2 community, particularly on GoS, Tumblr and other blogs. TSR is kinda outdated since hardly anyone puts up TS2 stuff there now. I recommend following the update topic at Simscave, as it showcases some of the best CC from all over the community: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0 (login might be required - but it's worth it).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 5:25 AM
You can get far and away better cc than what TSR mostly has. Check out peoples blogs. Sign up at simcave and check out the new things being posted every day. http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0

Just realized the link was posted just before me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:39 AM
thanks guys...

looks like cool site, but they are too picky with registration.

wont accept my username over unaccepted character, I cant use my email address. sounds like if they did accept my username i'd just get banned anyway.
i've been MiSFiT203 since 1995, not about to change now. but thanks again anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:44 AM
It's really worth the trouble of joining, they have the pulse on all updates over a huge range of sites and blogs.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:34 AM
They will not allow numbers in the user name is all, anything else is ok.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:13 PM
@ joandsarah 77 or anyone can answer, Question please I have version 1.6.21.0 of Clean Installer have had it for a long time, if I should update to the most recent version, will it "over- ride" the old?
As of now I have no problem with the version I have should I just let it be ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:04 PM
I would uninstall the old one before installer the new one. If you want the newer version is up to you if you want the added features.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 11:21 PM
Thanks you Jo

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".