Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:50 PM
Ahaha, do not steal my gnome, you'll be punished...
http://modthesims.info/d/325941
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Ahaha, do not steal my gnome, you'll be punished...
http://modthesims.info/d/325941

Ha! I knew I had a mod that prevented gnome stealing already, it's that one and I forgot about the shock thing, my Sims don't have any gnomes...I must remedy that, mwahaha

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#103 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I was tempted but then realized I have custom careers, which would probably make it super un-fair to any Sims not in a custom career I might just decide to up the taxes a bit

Wages on custom careers are quite easy to change if you want to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Wages on custom careers are quite easy to change if you want to.

I've always been scared of trying new things, afraid to mess something up, but at some point I took the plunge and learned how to geneticize and townify skins and eyes (granted that's also easy) so, maybe that'd be a good idea to try

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#105 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:55 AM
If you want to change the chance cards too (big bonuses and such) keep in mind that, er, feature, where the game multiplies the bonus amount after a certain career level.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#106 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:56 AM
Quote:
And not only stealing their own gnomes back - I don't know where some of mine find the other gnomes they steal along with their own

I swear that the ones they steal back are not theirs...they seem to come back with more than they had.

So not only do they steal each others' gnomes, they steal back their own and add more.

What a bunch of pilfering pixels!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:06 AM
I don't think any of my Sims are currently in a custom career since I've barely started anything but if i'm wrong it wouldn't mess anything up in the game would it?
And is it ok to take out CJ's lower wages mods to put in the more realistic payments ones?
I believe i've found a tutorial that would help me figure out how to change the wages on the custom careers http://modthesims.info/t/170590

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#108 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 2:38 AM
No to the first Question.
Yes to the second.
I think reading through that would be far more confusing then just opening the job in simpe. If I recall correctly, I just opened the job in SimPE and the wage area was pretty obvious and I just changed the number to what i wanted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No to the first Question.
Yes to the second.
I think reading through that would be far more confusing then just opening the job in simpe. If I recall correctly, I just opened the job in SimPE and the wage area was pretty obvious and I just changed the number to what i wanted.

Thank you yeah I opened it yesterday and it seems pretty straight forward, I should be able to do it just fine Thank you!
Now to wake up a bit and get started

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#110 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:16 PM
Just one.

ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS GET COLLEGE JOBS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Alchemist
#111 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 2:03 PM
Sims don't inherit money, ever. If a sim moves out from their parents then it's starting from the 20k bottom
Instructor
#112 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 6:23 PM
Hmm... not sure this will fit, but here is my list of laws/ regulations from DSF
Department of Sim families.

*Cash Assistance/Food Stamps/ Social Security*
-Bin/Household income must not exceed $8,000 or 20% income must be $1,600 and lower
-$120 daily with possible increase
-Must not be employed at any time to recieve benefits

*Child Support*
-Pregnant women $200 per day
-Infants-$800/week
-Toddler-$600/week
-Child-$400/week
-Teen- $200/week
-Back Payments- Sims behind on support payments will have their account sent to the Debt Collection and payments will automatically be added to Tuesday bills, maximum $10,000 can be taken (LOL Child Support isn't playing any games!)
-Supporters can make support payments in advance
-Once a parent files for child support, payment must continue until teen ages up, or Parent with custody files with their local Sim Court to end child support and they may do so at any time as long as it is within best financial interest of the child(ren) involved.
-Child Support has nothing to do with parental custody or visitation rights. A supporter does not have to have contact or even met their dependant. As long as it is their biological child(also adoptive in the case of a divorce) then they must comply.
-Child Support is optional, The Sim States does not enforce this, until asked for this financial service.
-Dependants of deceased supporters will recieve support in the form of Social Security until they become of age.

I do have a mod in my game that allows my sims to have assistance.

I also have strict income regulations and laws regarding my mortgage system, and my section 8 housing program. Lol I think I posted it before somewhere so I won't repeat.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Scholar
#113 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 12:00 AM
- Ban all twins (if sims have twins by accident, a roll of the die will dictate which one will drown and which will survive)
- Cross dressing holiday, anyone who refuses will die by drowning
- Not allowed to drink anything but water, any other liquid substances will be punishable by death by drowning
- No pets will be allowed to dig holes in neighbors' lawn, if caught, both the animal and its owner will be sentenced to death by drowning.
- Smoking is encouraged
- Children are to be encouraged to behave at all times. punishment include drowning or suffocation by water
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
- Ban all twins (if sims have twins by accident, a roll of the die will dictate which one will drown and which will survive)
- Cross dressing holiday, anyone who refuses will die by drowning
- Not allowed to drink anything but water, any other liquid substances will be punishable by death by drowning
- No pets will be allowed to dig holes in neighbors' lawn, if caught, both the animal and its owner will be sentenced to death by drowning.
- Smoking is encouraged
- Children are to be encouraged to behave at all times. punishment include drowning or suffocation by water

So much drowning...
Also... *runs off with all of labellavienna's extra twins* MINE NOW!
Scholar
#115 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:34 AM
Each Sim receives a portion of the family funds on reaching adulthood or leaving for college. In some neighbourhoods, all children are treated equally; in others, girls get half the amount boys do; and sometimes aliens also get a reduced amount.

Divorce is not recognized, so fathers who run off with another woman must continue to pay child support (the full amount of their wages) until the last child becomes an adult or leaves for college. The "other woman" must support her kids herself or get help from a relative.

Mothers who are reported for neglecting their children may be sent to the mental hospital; the children may be taken to an orphanage or a care assistant may move into the home.

Nannies who neglect children are locked up until they starve to death.

Some neighbourhoods have strict rules as to what jobs Sims can take, though a Sim with a Criminal LTW is always free to pursue a life of crime (but they must use the chance cards, and if the card has them caught, there will be consequences beyond those given on the card - details vary by neighbourhood and social status).

Depending on the neighbourhood, thieves and vandals may be fined an increasing amount for each offence (or exiled, if they're Immigrants in my Citizenship game), unless they have a legitimate grudge against the victim. Juvenile delinquents may be taken to a reform school.

There is a $5,000 fine for male Sims who spy on female Sims with the telescope (this may be upped to the death penalty if the offender is a commoner and the victim an Aristocrat). The fine is paid to the victim. If the perp can't pay, he is sent to the mental hospital and the victim is compensated out of community funds. Female offenders may also be fined, on a case by case basis.

Sims in the mental hospital are treated well, but have no free will and cannot earn money. In order to gain release, they must acquire permanent platinum status, and their next of kin must pay back any money borrowed to pay for their room and board at the hospital. Staff at both the mental hospital and the reform school must encourage Niceness at every opportunity.
Test Subject
#116 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:37 AM
My hood Apple Valley has a lot of special laws. I even have an entire section of my blog dedicated to laws

My hood: Apple Valley
http://applevalleyblogs.blogspot.com/

http://starrsim.tumblr.com/

Sim Player since 2003
Page 5 of 5