Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 8:29 PM
Default WCIF Converted TS4 clothing?
As The Sims 3 ages, it's included clothing options are growing bland, outdated and plain dated. Luckily, TS4 has some rather good-looking items that I'd love to have in my TS3 game. Has anything been converted yet? I'm mostly looking for Tops and Bottoms for (Young) Adult Females.

~ Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:41 PM
Bella's Dress (TS4 to TS3)
There's also the "Sims 4 Conversions" tag on MS3B.
Also, a "minor bump" is still a bump and not worth doing unless significant time has passed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
There's also the "Sims 4 Conversions" tag on MS3B.

Ah, that's more than I expected to see. I do hope more items keep getting converted since I'm not sure I'd be able to do it myself. I've modded quite a few TS3 items and a handful of TS4 items, but I've never really tried to convert anything save for one hairstyle that didn't even slightly work out well.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:42 PM
Significant time passes

*minor bump*

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:31 PM
I'm actually surprised how nobody's picked up 4to3 conversions, while I'm seeing 2to4 and 4to2 conversions everywhere. Anyway, sorry for bumping this twice in a row.

insert signature here
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 10:45 PM
I've been looking for TS4>TS3 since you've first posted, as I'd be interested too. The only thing I've seen is a hairstyle here. I'll continue to keep an eye open.
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:05 PM
Not clothes, but a converted 4to3 hair: http://colourful-kitty.tumblr.com/p...s-soon-as-i-saw
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:28 PM
Makes sense to convert hairstyles, but converting CC hairstyles is utterly useless if you ask me. But now that you guys mention that, has anyone converted this TS3 hairstyle to TS4? I know it's a PeggyZone donation hair from 2009-ish and I've been using it on my fave sim (pictured) for ages. I'd love to have that in TS4.

Uh, that aside, without any way of modifying specular maps most CAS items for TS4 don't look that great, anyway. But right now I'm more interested in 4to3.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:49 AM
More labels you can look through:
Conversions - Female to Male (with this being quite similar to what you're looking for, just for males) -- IDK how Sims 4 CC works, but you might be able to change its flags to female?
Conversions - Mesh (from both TS2 and TS3) -- includes some Peggy hairs too
Conversions - TS3 (not only hair, but objects as well)
Hair - Long
Hair - Original Mesh

Out of curiosity, why do you say converting CC hairstyles is useless?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:21 PM
Hair tutorial can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQnGNkebOWs but for clothes I don't know
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Out of curiosity, why do you say converting CC hairstyles is useless?

Well, most CAS items and nearly all CC hairstyles don't fit in with the game's aesthetic. CC hairstyles looked good on Sims in TS2 in TS3, but every time I see a heavily modded Sim in The Gallery, they're just really badly shaded and creepy and Second Life-esque. I guess it's nice to have hairstyles converted but it massively clogs up CC blogs and quite often, it's either a recolour of paid content (you know, Newsea and their illegal practices) or, as I said, doesn't look good and is probably badly mapped, as well. The hairstyle pictured on good old Amber here, in my post above, was actually modified quite a bit because apparently it was a TS2 conversion and Peggy didn't even bother with spec mapping it. Also the bones are really badly done.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:12 AM
Ah, I understand where you're coming from. The sims don't look unusual to me personally but I wager they'd look at least a bit out of place in-game. I'd say it's a good thing because people have more options to choose from (and you are always free to just skip over the CC you don't want/like), but it can get annoying to keep skipping all the time.

IMO, there's also the fact that most CC creators (especially for makeup and clothes) edit their photos a lot; sometimes it's hard to tell what I'm looking at or the object looks completely different in-game. Either way, since TS4 has gone back to the "have 10 files instead of 1" model, it's inevitable that things would turn out like this.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:03 PM
Saw these and remembered this thread. TS4>TS3 Boots on Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 4:20 PM
It's bumpy time!

So nothing has been converted in months. Why? We have a basegame, 4 stuff packs, 2 game packs and 2 whole expansions. TS3 still has a pretty big playerbase. Why aren't conversions a thing? We want our Sims to stay trendy, right?

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:38 PM Last edited by venusprincess100 : 10th Dec 2015 at 6:11 PM.
i converted some outfits, will probably convert more, when i have time.
So far, only converted for males
http://venusprincess-simblr.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:57 PM
I'm sorry lads, but I'll probably be bumping this till the end of time.

I assume that's okay...?

I mean, my Sim looks pretty good these days, but I'm a perfectionist. And perfectionism never sleeps. Perfectionism isn't satisfied, because perfectionism wants it better regardless of if that's possible or not.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 5:13 PM
There's quite a bit of clothing and some objects and hair thrown in too throughout this tag. http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4%20to%20ts3
Hope it helps!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:07 PM
There's some nice stuff in there, thanks! Shame it's mostly CC conversions though.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 4:49 PM
It's bumpy time!

insert signature here
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:33 PM
there are some good clothing conversions for children on Around the Sims 3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SabinaHarrietJ
there are some good clothing conversions for children on Around the Sims 3

I know, they're great. But they're for children. I don't play with children.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:19 PM
I think it's time for a little bump. Anything I've missed over the last year-and-a-bit?

insert signature here