Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:05 AM
Default Is there a way, or a mod, to reduce/increase/alter face fatness?
When the sims in the game gain weight, their faces fatten up very quickly and very much so. In many cases, this is fine. However, many people are very large in their bodies but not fat at all in their faces; I in fact know some people like this. Since I first started playing the Sims 3 when it came out, I found it a little frustrating that nothing could be altered about how much the face gained weight, but it wasn't that bad.
I use lots of custom sliders, including ones that alter the shape of the body. One of the ways I find this really nice is I can change the appearance of how sims gain weight. So, I can try to make a woman who is rather thin on top but gains weight on the bottom, or vice-versa. Sometimes, I would like to make someone whose face is not very fat, yet their body is. Sometimes I'm trying to make a real person and other times it's just someone random.
I know you can alter the cheek fullness, and this helps to an extent. However, the main thing I am usually trying to change is not the cheeks, but the fatness around the jaw. All overweight sims have lots of fat around the jaw. While many real humans do, many real humans don't. I don't expect sims to look perfect or to be able to do everything like in real life, but I've often thought that seemed like a minor thing that could have been implemented by the designers of the game. When I found various custom-made sliders put up for free-download by wonderful people that reduced the flesh under the chin of sims, I hoped that would also help with the overweight sims. None do. They are wonderful for other things, but not that. Other jaw sliders also don't seem to be affecting the right area.
I had though to myself that, since the game has a slider in it that causes the face to change in that regard (according to weight gain), couldn't there be a slider that simply reverses the affect on the face? Any additional fatness wanted on the cheeks could be supplemented then by simply using the cheek sliders already in the game.
I tried searching for a while to see if anything like that had already been thought of and made by someone. However, I feel like finding the right words to search for (reduce face fatness slider, face underchin slider, doublechin slider reducer, ??....) may be difficult because something like that could be called anything.
So, I decided to see if anyone out there happens to just already know of one and where to find it, or at least what it's called or who it's by so I can then find it.

Thanks to anyone who offers any help, and also to people who bothered to read this even if they can't help. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:34 AM
No one? Is there nothing? If anyone is very certain nothing like this exists, that would be helpful too, because I could stop wasting my time searching then. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:28 PM
Well, with NRAAS's Master Controller you can go into CAS and edit the Sim when he/she gets fat and thin them up. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
Or, if you prefer something a little simpler, you can buy the Body Sculptor lifetime reward for 30,000 points. But, IMO, that would be a pain in the butt if you were wanting to morph multiple people over multiple families.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:02 PM
It's a shame if there's nothing like this. Maybe someone will figure out how to make one.
...I wonder if that's one of the places where Sims 4's body shape system... thingie... might come in handy? I haven't played with the demo much so I'm not sure if there's a handle for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SammiWolf
Well, with NRAAS's Master Controller you can go into CAS and edit the Sim when he/she gets fat and thin them up. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
Or, if you prefer something a little simpler, you can buy the Body Sculptor lifetime reward for 30,000 points. But, IMO, that would be a pain in the butt if you were wanting to morph multiple people over multiple families.

Well, I'm not meaning to make the sims overall thinner, I just mean thinning the face or jaw when they are fat. Thank you for trying to help though, I still appreciate it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loxsmith
It's a shame if there's nothing like this. Maybe someone will figure out how to make one.
...I wonder if that's one of the places where Sims 4's body shape system... thingie... might come in handy? I haven't played with the demo much so I'm not sure if there's a handle for that.

Yeah. I've tried to look at it myself before but it scares me everytime...however if there is nothing like this for a while I might try, though I doubt I could. I've never done anything remotely similar.
The Sims 4 actually has a slightly less range for thin vs. fat, but from the range it has it seems like they gain less weight in the face. When editing their face, you can make their cheeks bigger, but there's nothing for under the chin. But no, there's nothing for editing the fatness of the face (that is separate from the body). Oh well... Since it's still pretty new I haven't bothered complaining about something that minor.

Thanks for your comments.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:05 AM
Well, in CAS you have the same option you had when you first created your Sims. You can change the shape of the head via sliders, making it thinner if you want. I've never actually done it, but as there are other sliders I've added via mods in the same section, I've seen the sliders that allow you to change the width and depth and so forth of the face.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SammiWolf
Well, in CAS you have the same option you had when you first created your Sims. You can change the shape of the head via sliders, making it thinner if you want. I've never actually done it, but as there are other sliders I've added via mods in the same section, I've seen the sliders that allow you to change the width and depth and so forth of the face.

Do you mean the head width slider and face profile slider? Or are you referring to a custom slider? If those are custom sliders I may not have those and maybe they would help. Really what I am talking about is the jaw, making the jaw thinner (not in width, but under the jaw). There are under chin custom sliders (a few by different people) but all of them affect just immediately under the chin, or at least don't do anything to the jaw when the sims gain weight. I might take a picture of in-game to show what I am talking about. I think I might be explaining what I am talking about poorly. But, I assume that probably means there isn't anything like that out there. Thanks again. =)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:08 PM
http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...r-enabled-child

It's the one called OEM_JawHeightOnly.package

It's not 100% perfect for this but it reduces the fat jaw thing quite a lot. (Sims have bottom-heavy faces even when they're thin.) I also use cc sliders to make the sim fatter so I can dial down the game fatness slider a little bit.
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd May 2015 at 7:43 AM
In addition to this I'd recommend Yuu's face shape slider as well. It makes the jawline a bit more round and thin instead of squareish and bulky.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:06 PM
I found this slider: http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...onha-body-girth
It allows you to adjust a Sims girth with little effect to the head shape. I think it may be just what you're looking for.