Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:47 AM
@joandsarah77

Yeah.
So I should just be able to delete the duplicates but they have nothing to do with the stove problem?
And what should I do with the red ones? Should I take them out of my downloads folder and see if it makes a difference?

Is the AL patch something I need to download?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:49 AM
@joandsarah77

I just read that tutorial you linked for how to scan for GUID conflicts in SimPE and it looks sooo easy if I could just get it to install haha.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:26 PM
Are you on disks or UC? UC comes patched.

You don't want duplicates simply because your game is reading the same cc twice.

That depends, I don't think your issue will be with a mod, you could look over them for any modded item to do with the stove.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd May 2016 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mystie17
@joandsarah77

Yeah.
So I should just be able to delete the duplicates but they have nothing to do with the stove problem?
And what should I do with the red ones? Should I take them out of my downloads folder and see if it makes a difference?

Is the AL patch something I need to download?

Yes delete all the pink ones but you may have to replace the item/items on some lots.

Red means they are mods that change how the game plays and you should test these in a hood you don't care about and do the 50/50 method and see if you find your problem.

Blue, if you don't use bodyshop then some mods you donwloaded have junk in them and they can be deleted also but these are not causing your problem.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:42 PM
Have you by any chance redownloaded the CEP recently? If you don't install it properly, the CC star might show for objects it modifies. It's the same with unhiders and recategorizers. If recolors aren't properly made, that might also cause troubles.

If you have any mods or unhiders that makes the stove show for residential lots (it usually only shows on community lots), then that could be the problem. An unhider made before OFB, or by one who does not own it, could potentially screw up the item, since it only references to the NL object. If you have anything that unlocks community objects for residential lots, remove those from your downloads.

Also, have you tried to move out all your CC to see if the problem persists in a CC-free game?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th May 2016 at 7:22 AM
I have never used Clean Installer to check my downloads so thought I would give it a go. Is is safe to remove the duplicate files straight from the installer. Also is there anyway to see which files have the meshes missing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:35 AM
@joandsrarah Disks.

@marka93 Ok thanks.

@simmer22 I don't believe I have. The stove did have a recolour though and I think even the original has the CC symbol. I'm not sure about the unhiders, I'll have to check. Haven't tried that. Does taking all the CC out and then putting it back again affect the game in any way that I need to be careful of?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:44 AM
If you are on disks you need every one patched. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:50 AM
You shouldn't remove mods that adds NPCs, critical fixes, or multi-PT/plantsim hacks, or mods that include custom memories. Possibly a few others. Those are best left in some kind of "do not remove" folder. It's also a good idea to test in a throwaway neighborhood where you're not afraid anything bad will happen, or take a backup you can replace your game with after testing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:53 AM
Thanks @joandsarah77

@simmer22 I see. So I can organise my downloads folder into sub-folders and they won't affect the game?
I have managed to do a GUID scan in SimPE. Quite a few conflicts came up. Do I have to get rid of all of them? If I do, will that mean that those objects won't show up anymore? And the conflict that may be the cause of my stove problem, is it likely to be a custom stove with the same GUID or could it be anything?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:56 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2016 at 11:07 AM.
You can (and should) sort your downloads into subfolders, to keep them organized. A few items need to be put directly in the Downloads folder or elsewhere, but it's mostly certain types of hacks and recategorizers. The CC creator usually says so if it's the case. Everything else can safely be put in subfolders, as long as you make sure the file paths aren't too long. Keep to a max of 3 subfolders (preferably less), and you're good to go. It also makes things a LOT easier when you're searching for bad CC, because you know where you've put stuff.

If you don't want things to show up in our game, they have to be outside of the "The Sims 2" folder (on the desktop or elsewhere).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 24th May 2016 at 1:26 PM
Your Download folder should be in sub folders otherwise you have no idea where anything is especially mods and items that should not be pulled.

You need to look through it for possible items. Defaults will also show as a GUID conflict.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:19 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th May 2016 at 6:29 PM.
And again, if you're unsure of what you're doing. If you're trying anything for the very first time including organizing into folders. Even if you've done something before, but want to make sure you have a safety net (which is a wise move).... back up your game and put the backup folder outside your game. There have been several times when, while trying something new, I messed stuff up and my game went berserk, but I had my backup to rely on. Remove your now-messed-up game, copy your backup, put that in place of your regular game. (I'm talking about the game folder in My Documents, NOT the program files, though if you ever change something in the program files, such as fixing a graphics card line of coding, having a backup before you do that is a good idea as well.)

I never alter anything in SimPE without making a backup first. And no ... not the SimPE backup. (And if you have any questions about how to make a proper backup, I see there are underscored links throughout this post. I don't usually back up to a disk or external device before testing, though. Moving the backup folder elsewhere on my hard drive usually does the job just fine.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th May 2016 at 6:52 PM
Doing a backup is easy, as long as you have enough space. Simply copy the "The Sims 2" folder and paste it somewhere else on your computer, or on an external harddrive or USB drive. Some prefer to only backup the neighborhoods, but there are often other files such as custom paintings, the userstartup file and similar you can miss, so to me it's all or nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 26th May 2016 at 12:36 PM
GUYS!! It's fixed!!
Thank you to everyone for your help. I would never have been able to fix it without your suggestions :D

So I ended up doing a GUID conflict scan in SimPE and then removed all of the conflicting objects from my downloads folder. I do think that I know which one it is specifically, could have been the "residential industrial stove". Not sure where that came from, but I think it might have been that.

Thanks again for being so nice and helpful :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 26th May 2016 at 12:41 PM
That sounds like it. Glad you got it sorted.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would run a GUID scan in simpe. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:GUID_Conflicts

Hey, thanks Jo. I checked just for the fun of it and discovered that one of MY created chair showed up...I probably had forgotten to assign its own GUID loooooog ago when I made it, and never had noticed. lol
So I did.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 2 of 2