Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 29th May 2016 at 10:53 PM
At the moment I'm unable to post a full neighnorhood picture of Tumbleton (I'm not on my computer right now, I'm on mobile), but I do have another hood to recommend... I don't think anyone's suggested Woodspell Springs. It's a super charming town with beautiful lots, almost reminding me of the small towns near where I live. You can use it as a main hood or a subhood in your game; it's a subhood in mine.

Personally, my favorite custom hoods are Elsewhere (which was already recommended), Woodspell Springs, Tumbleton, Polgannon, and Four Corners (which is attached to my Maxis megahood, along with Bitville). I can't think of any more hoods to suggest, so hopefully you'll set on a neighborhood soon.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 30th May 2016 at 12:42 AM
I don't think Beacon Falls has been recommended. I suggest you check it out! I loaded it up in my game yesterday and I loved playing it. I forgot how much fun it actually was.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 30th May 2016 at 1:42 PM
I'm kinda glad you don't want to check out my hoods without pics. You seem pretty picky and I doubt mine will be good enough for you. There are of course pics of my hoods but they are at the asylum (link in my sig) and most people "don't want to register at yet another sim forum." *shrugs* such is life
Field Researcher
#79 Old 30th May 2016 at 5:03 PM
To be honest, OP, you probably seem better off creating your own neighborhood. Almost every hood that has been mentioned has been rejected by you. And there have been a lot. Different playing styles, different looking Sims. A ton have been recommended. It's probably better that you start from scratch.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 30th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
I do not mind registering at any sim forums at all in fact I just did and Megaheaven looks rather interesting indeed. Very nice hoods and terrains you have created there.

Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
I'm kinda glad you don't want to check out my hoods without pics. You seem pretty picky and I doubt mine will be good enough for you. There are of course pics of my hoods but they are at the asylum (link in my sig) and most people "don't want to register at yet another sim forum." *shrugs* such is life
Field Researcher
#81 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:28 PM
Thank you, CoffeenSimming. :D
Scholar
#82 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:28 PM
Not all hoods are for all people. I like the look of Elsewhere, but found I had big problems playing the itsy bitsy houses. That is just a little too tiny for me. The houses in West Weasels are a better fit for me, but somehow I never find myself playing that hood. No idea why.

I just installed the gorgeous Felicity Island, it's fabulous, but we will see if my patience holds out while playing it. It's a very unusual hood.
And Widespot, well, I liked the smallness of the hood, but it was too dramatic for me.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Thank you, CoffeenSimming. :D

I am very interested in your hoods. Do they have apartments? Do you have any extra pics laying around you could post?

As for the other people:

I have been and am looking into making a custom hood for myself and others, but I'm not sure I'm up for it. I might just have to settle with something and make it work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:02 PM
I did create a map, which took me AGES to get right (go figure because I'm picky as hell) and I'm still not sure how I am liking it. I just can't get this damn train to place normally!!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:04 PM
Picking something and making it work is what most of us do, most of the time!

Perfectionism screws up your good times. Leave it behind.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Picking something and making it work is what most of us do, most of the time!

Perfectionism screws up your good times. Leave it behind.

If only it was that easy to get rid of perfectionism. But we'll see...I mean would anyone even be interested in downloading one? I know it's not even official yet.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:26 PM
If it is as perfect as you say it will be and it is accepted on MTS, I am sure it will be downloaded.

Peni is right, though - there is a balance in life and in gaming as well. Striving for perfection is certainly a good thing, but taking it too far may take the joy out of the game. And our of life in general.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 31st May 2016 at 12:04 AM
The market exists, so put that out of your mind and focus on creation. Read the Creator Guidelines and the tutorials on making neighborhoods to share and start your process. You don't have to share if you don't want to, and making a shareable neighborhood is much harder than making one for personal consumption, so I recommend you throw together something to just relax and play in when you're sick of building and development.

The way to deal with perfectionism (assuming it's simple perfectionism, not an actual pathological condition, in which case - meds and therapy!) is to recognize that it is a bad thing, not a good a thing. It's not the same thing as being meticulous or having attention to detail. You can tell that you're suffering from perfectionism when you insist that everything be right the first time, when you get involved in fiddling with getting tiny details just right and never make any actual progress on the larger project, and when you find yourself refusing to call something "done" and release it.

Perfect is not a real thing. All first drafts suck; nothing has ever attained the shiny perfection of the original image in your head no matter how often it was revised; and one completed project that other people can see and use is worth an infinite number of airy "perfect" things that never see the light of day.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 31st May 2016 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The market exists, so put that out of your mind and focus on creation. Read the Creator Guidelines and the tutorials on making neighborhoods to share and start your process. You don't have to share if you don't want to, and making a shareable neighborhood is much harder than making one for personal consumption, so I recommend you throw together something to just relax and play in when you're sick of building and development.

The way to deal with perfectionism (assuming it's simple perfectionism, not an actual pathological condition, in which case - meds and therapy!) is to recognize that it is a bad thing, not a good a thing. It's not the same thing as being meticulous or having attention to detail. You can tell that you're suffering from perfectionism when you insist that everything be right the first time, when you get involved in fiddling with getting tiny details just right and never make any actual progress on the larger project, and when you find yourself refusing to call something "done" and release it.

Perfect is not a real thing. All first drafts suck; nothing has ever attained the shiny perfection of the original image in your head no matter how often it was revised; and one completed project that other people can see and use is worth an infinite number of airy "perfect" things that never see the light of day.

You're so helpful and kind!!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 31st May 2016 at 3:25 AM
Perhaps it's better if you look at how you can best adapt an existing hood - I've never found a hood that is 100% exactly what I want, but instead of spending valuable playing time scouring the far reaches of the internet searching for that eternally elusive Perfect Hood, I've learnt to take what is available and adapt it for my needs. The hood I'm currently playing is the Riverside one, which I love the look of, but I wanted different Sims. So I've got the look of Riverside, with the Stealth Hood Sims from Tarlia's Viper Canyon, plus sub-hoods that I've downloaded from various other places and attached along the way. The whole thing is a mish-mash of hoods, Sims, sub-hoods, everything - but together, it's exactly what I want. Maybe instead of trying to find that one Perfect Hood, you look at what individual elements you want, and create your own Frankenstein hood.
Page 4 of 4