Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2016 at 2:43 AM
Default Tricou ghost character files lurking around in custom downtowns - safe to play?
I've just gotten back into playing sims 2 with a brand new installation, and when I made my custom world(complete with a custom downtown, choosing a different map and building it from scratch) I noticed that some of the Tricou ghosts were still lurking in my character files, despite not having tombstones in the world. There were a few weird memories that I fixed with the hood checker, but other than that things seem fine. Their character files don't have missing/broken information that I can tell, though I'm not an expert with SimPE by any means. Am I good to play this neighborhood, or is it corrupted from the start now that I have these de-tombstoned ghosts in my files? I'm not really sure how they got there in the first place, as they're clearly not downtownies, so if anyone has any ideas on that I'd love to hear them.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2016 at 2:55 AM
Actually, they are downtownies! They're just dead ones. The game will also generate the Tricou bastards, unless you suppress all downtownie spawning, complete with family ties. They're not going to break anything, but you might want to spawn the tombstones and use them to seed your neighborhood's graveyard, just so as not to lose track of them. You may be able to place them with Hoodchecker without the hassle of spawning them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2016 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Is it a problem that they're stored in the 0000-default family, instead of the xxxx-downtownie(I can't recall the hex code off the top of my head) family in SimPE? That's what made me think they were something weird, and not normal downtownies. How might I go about spawning tombstones for them?

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2016 at 4:45 AM
All the dead go into the "Default" family. Which is helpful to know when you respawn a tombstone.

I keep having to respawn, and have to relearn how to do it every time, so excuse me being confusing.

On a lot with an active playable, your preferred method of teleportation, and the testingcheats enabled (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true), summon the dead and pause the game immediately, otherwise the dead will fade away. Shift-click the summoned dead and choose Make Selectable. Then, with the ghost active, shift-click and choose Item/Respawn Tombstone.
Or is that option only available on the batbox? I don't think it's the Tombstone of L&D...If you don't see the option, choose Spawn/Tombstone of L&D and see if you get an Item/Respawn Tombstone on that; and if not that try the same thing on the batbox. One of 'em's bound to be right.

Once you get the option to Respawn Tombstone, choose it and take the game off pause. The ghost should fade away, leaving the tombstone or urn behind. If not, do it again, and again, till it does - sometimes it takes several tries. Once you have the desired tombstone, the active sim will have the normal move graves option.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)