Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2020 at 10:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Uhh.. Maternity mods for casual wear?
So what I was wondering if there were any mods out there that can allow pregnant sims to wear their casual clothing rather than the default maxis maternity clothing??

For example, I want to have sims in uniforms but sims who get pregnant are still in uniform but just have the belly bump. If that makes sense!

Basically are there any mods that can allow for the pregnancy bump to show on any outfit I'm wearing that aren't default??

All help is appreciated! Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2020 at 11:39 PM
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91730.0.html

If you want the bump to show up, the clothing needs to have a pregnant morph. A lot of them do, but some don't. There's also a number of mods to make Maxis clothing have pregnant morphs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:47 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th May 2020 at 1:03 AM.
In addition to the mod in the link above, you may want these morphs to go with adult female EAxis outfits (they may not be compatible with other default replacement meshes, but do work fine with recolors). They cover most of the female outfits.
http://modthesims.info/d/237740/adu...orphs-v1-1.html

Here's some for adult male clothes too (again, may not be compatible with other default replacement meshes, but work with recolors). They don't cover all of the male outfits, but I think they cover several of the basegame uniforms plus a lot of casual outfits.
http://whimsical-krikkiter.dreamwid...tml?thread=7699 (swap "www" with "app" in the Box links and they'll work fine)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289461
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289678

These do help a lot for work outfits and other ingame outfits. For CC outfits you'll have to read and make sure they have pregmorphs.

The mod will essentially make sims stop using the maternity outfit and instead use whatever else they're wearing.

Just a FYI - Squinge's mod is technically not compatible with Inteen. If you don't have Inteen - no problem. If you do have Inteen, add "ZZZ_" to the beginning of Squinge's mod and put it directly in your Downloads folder, which makes it load last. It may have a couple bugs but will still work (some of the bugs may need workarounds - I've had issues with dressers for some sims, but I use a mod to dress them, so it's not a problem).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:21 AM
Perhaps take out Inteen and use different mods to achieve what you want, which part of Inteen do you use? It clashes with a lot of other mods, sometimes you have to deicde what you want more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Perhaps take out Inteen and use different mods to achieve what you want, which part of Inteen do you use? It clashes with a lot of other mods, sometimes you have to deicde what you want more.

Okay well for Inteen I'm using the BV because thats my last expansion installed. I got the maxis clothing to work, and 1 custom shirt to fit with the pregnancy morph. I just need to keep trying but it doesn't seem like custom bottoms work well nor full outfits convert to the pregnancy morph. Also are dressers just part of the conflicts the mod has, since I cannot use them to change my sims clothing anymore it seems.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:52 AM
I would make a new sims 2 folder (just rename it and load the game) and just using the pregnancy mod and clothes see how it should work.

Inteen has parts, you may be able to remove Inteen and use other mods that do the same thing without clashing is what I am saying. I am not talking about your EP. I don't use Inteen because I don't need what it does and even if I did it clashes with too many other mods for me to use. For example are you using inteen for teen whoohoo or for independent teen for example? - I forget what else it does but other mods can do all or most of what it does.

There are also body morphs around that will break maternity separates.

The majority of maternity outfits are full outfits.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In addition to the mod in the link above, you may want these morphs to go with adult female EAxis outfits (they may not be compatible with other default replacement meshes, but do work fine with recolors). They cover most of the female outfits.
http://modthesims.info/d/237740/adu...orphs-v1-1.html

Here's some for adult male clothes too (again, may not be compatible with other default replacement meshes, but work with recolors). They don't cover all of the male outfits, but I think they cover several of the basegame uniforms plus a lot of casual outfits.
http://whimsical-krikkiter.dreamwid...tml?thread=7699 (swap "www" with "app" in the Box links and they'll work fine)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289461
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289678

These do help a lot for work outfits and other ingame outfits. For CC outfits you'll have to read and make sure they have pregmorphs.

The mod will essentially make sims stop using the maternity outfit and instead use whatever else they're wearing.

Just a FYI - Squinge's mod is technically not compatible with Inteen. If you don't have Inteen - no problem. If you do have Inteen, add "ZZZ_" to the beginning of Squinge's mod and put it directly in your Downloads folder, which makes it load last. It may have a couple bugs but will still work (some of the bugs may need workarounds - I've had issues with dressers for some sims, but I use a mod to dress them, so it's not a problem).

Could you direct me to some mods that help change my sims clothing without the traditional dressers??? It just seems that Squinge's mod is what takes away the option in my game to use them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would make a new sims 2 folder (just rename it and load the game) and just using the pregnancy mod and clothes see how it should work.

Inteen has parts, you may be able to remove Inteen and use other mods that do the same thing without clashing is what I am saying. I am not talking about your EP. I don't use Inteen because I don't need what it does and even if I did it clashes with too many other mods for me to use. For example are you using inteen for teen whoohoo or for independent teen for example? - I forget what else it does but other mods can do all or most of what it does.

There are also body morphs around that will break maternity separates.

The majority of maternity outfits are full outfits.

I mostly liked the Inteen mod because of the pregnancy hold option mostly and that I could set the time when my sims can give birth. Sqiunge's mod is important but I cannot use my dressers anymore. I started over and deleted all the pregnancy mods to try again and it seems I must need to have Sqiunge's mod to work with the body morphs. Well, do you know any mods that can control my sims pregnancy or a mod that I can change my pregnant sims clothing since dressers are obsolete with Sqiunge's mod.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:13 AM
You can pause a pregnancy with the Sim Blender. You don't need InTeen for that. I use Squinge's mod and have no issue using dressers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:46 AM
I have used Squinge's mod for years, probably shortly after it came out and can use dressers just fine, it is clashing with something else in your game. Did you run the hack Conflict detector? Tons of mods allow for dressing, sim blender comes straight to mind or the clothing tool or gussy up or Inseminator.

You can suspend and accelerate or terminate pregnancy on the sim blender. If you don't have it I would suggest getting it.
It has a tons of uses and it's an object so clashes with virtually nothing. Inteen is a large mod and deff not what you want just for suspending pregnancy.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moname34
I mostly liked the Inteen mod because of the pregnancy hold option mostly and that I could set the time when my sims can give birth. Sqiunge's mod is important but I cannot use my dressers anymore. I started over and deleted all the pregnancy mods to try again and it seems I must need to have Sqiunge's mod to work with the body morphs. Well, do you know any mods that can control my sims pregnancy or a mod that I can change my pregnant sims clothing since dressers are obsolete with Sqiunge's mod.

I have InTeen and Squinge's mod both installed. I don't use dressers at all. What I use to change Sims' clothing, as well as Buy outfits and Plan outfits is The Insimenator . I use the DEST version which allows me to use an independent sectional piece - the Wardrobe Adjuster (looks like a folded shirt or two). I place the Wardrobe Adjuster on the lot and anytime I need to Change/Buy/Plan outfits, I can just click on it. Also if you (temporarily) put the main Insimenator piece (looks like the Biotech Station) on the lot, there is an option on it to change the Active Sim's menu to add a Wardrobe function to the active Sim's menu. Then you can click on the active Sim and "Wardrobe..." comes up which lets you change outfits. After changing the Sims' menu options, you can delete the main Insimenator piece from your lot.

The Insimenator also has the ability to Suspend/Resume and Accelerate/Decelerate pregnancies.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moname34

@ Moname34

Pregnancy holds can be done with The Sim Blender, The InSimenator and I think the Sim Manipulator. Changing Clothes can be done with The Sim Manipulator, The InSimenator and the clothing tool from MATY. Me I use the clothing tool from MATY for changing clothes and I use the Sim Blender or The InSimenator for doing things with Pregnancies. I have all of the mods I mention. Each is particularly good for some particular thing I like to do.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th May 2020 at 6:49 PM
I use the Insimenator Wardrobe Adjuster. Can't be bothered to use regular wardrobes except for when I need animations for something, and the mod allows me to change clothes instantly without the twirling, plus buy clothes, and a few other useful things.

Insimenator pretty much has all the pregnancy options I need (I think it has pregnancy hold too). I do have Inteen, but haven't used it for teen pregnancy in several years, and not a lot of the other more or less unique options it has, either (planning to fully remove it at some point, probably at a neighborhood reset, so I can safely remove the memory file too).