Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:11 PM
Default Sims 3 .package file slow me up
I have installed some .package files in my mods/packages folder, gotten the rescource.cfg file, and the files work (I can see them in game), but when I get past about 3 meg of installed files, the game load takes for ever and the game is basically a slide show/unplayable. If I remove the .package files then everything is good again.
I have installed 220 meg of .sims3pack files and I don't have any trouble with them.
I have been deleting the 4 cache files, cleaning out the downloads folder and keeping things organized, etc.
Can anyone tell me why the game becomes unplayable when using .package files?
Can anything be done about it?
Can a .package file be made ito a .sims3pack file?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:36 PM
I'm pretty sure this started after WA and some CC was showing up as causing this and needing to be removed. There's a list of that CC here: CustomSims3 forum
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:40 PM
I do not have World Adventures.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:45 PM
it could be because of the recent patch too
or maybe not
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:05 PM
Lots of info and discussion about this on the Help forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551 ... which is where you should take this question

Basically, the game got fussier with patch 1.7 about how it processes package files, with the result that SOME package files which were made with earlier versions of modding tools started creating problems, as do sims 2 package files (which a lot of people seem to have in their mod folders). You need to weed out the problematic files and you should be fine.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: referred to Game Help