Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 11:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I'm supposed to be able to have 8 sims in a household, right?
That's what all the sources say. But when I try to add the 8th sim, it won't let me select her and says I'm at full capacity. Everything I look up says that the maximum in a house is 8! Why can't I add the 8th sim?
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 2:54 AM
Nope. Everyone is fresh and single and ready to mingle. It even opens a spot for her but won't let me select her. I'd also show you but the options don't display in a screenshot and the Print Screen function only ever shows a blank page. But it just says that "house is already at capacity for sims".

There are seven others. She should be able to join.

Someone on tumblr said this is a known bug but they didn't know how to fix it. Would you know?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 3:03 AM
I've seen other posts complaining they can't get the 8th Sim in but never saw an answer as to why that happens.
Is one of the sims in the house a pet? If you have 7 sims and 1 pet that could be why you are unable to add the 8th.

If you want to consider adding a few mods check out I Want To Play With More than 8 Sims. Story Progression is on the list but using SP is optional. You do not have to have that.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 3:28 AM
There are no pets. I'm using the pets expansion but the only pets I plan on getting are minor ones.

I'd also rather not deal with NRAAS. I know it's popular but I'm not very tech savvy and want to deal with just standard mods. (like seriously, I literally can't understand a lot of that stuff)
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 3:56 AM
But I shouldn't even need a mod because I'm supposed to be able to have 8 sims in a house. Like, that's part of the game so I don't understand why it isn't working.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 3:57 AM
Try evicting the entire household from Edit Town, copy the household lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in again. That kind of reset might shake something loose.

As far as NRaas vs. "standard" mods goes, not quite sure what that means. A script mod is a script mod. But MasterController would get you where you want to go without doing anything to your game other than adding menus of commands on your sims, lots, and City Hall then sitting back and waiting for you to use one. It's removable if you don't like it.

Edit: Oh, if you are just building the household in CAH maybe my initial suggestion doesn't make sense. Perhaps add the 8th one to their own household then see if you can Merge them?
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:17 AM
Holy cheese it worked. I put the group of 7 into the house and then merged her right in. Thank you! Now the team bosses from Pokémon have a complete set!