Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:02 AM
I changed my guys aspiration to Knowledge via boolprop (should I sit on the step or write lines??) but he still has the same lifetime want which is to graduate 3 kids through college, so I think I can actually get my poor alien machine dude platinum for lifetime! Wooo I'm lucky...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:29 AM
Don't have any pictures at the moment, but I'm havin crazy fun.

For my family, I named the father Haruto Dema, and his first son, Fa, just grew up to be a kid/child, and has like max neatness. So far, It's just Fa and Ana (toddler) and their dad is preg again, no passing out/missing toilet (toddlers included)/burnt food, 2 dream dates, 2 woohoo's, and one "toddler big 3" (walk/talk/potty), and Haruto's LTW is impossible (top of teaching career).

Haruto has been rolling wants for his primary aspiration, Knowledge, until here lately, now he's rolling mostly want from his second aspiration, Family. Guess the constant hormones take two or three times to get to him.

I haven't really had much problem keeping the kids in good shape, but keeping their dad's need up has been another story. Fa learned the nursery rhyme, but I ran out of time before I could teach him to walk or talk. I'm so used to using smart milk xp

And I do like the replacement nanny Jennybean, that is funny.
alwayskatharine: did u try like taking out basically all your CC? (and only leaving the only thing u need to get him abducted) though if you wanna play around with testing that, you might wanna do it in another house....
zMiila, you said Luna is a teenager? cool, any advice?
Scholar
#53 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:46 AM
I'm giving this a go, it sounds like a lot of fun!

I admit I cheated just a tad, but only to get some CC kids stuff to better fit the Alien theme. I'm just getting the house ready now, I'm really excited to start!

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#54 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 6:07 AM
Well, I played for a while tonight... and now the man is dead. I cheated once when his motives were in a dire way, but apparently it all got too much for him or something. I even turned Free Will off, but he didn't want to obey my commands... he had three children and one on the way when he kicked the bucket. Maybe I'll try the challenge again some other time...
Scholar
#55 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:30 AM
I might do a story on this sometime, and call it "Daddy".

Heh heh.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#56 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:55 AM
Default The First Week
Well, I am going to be a dedicated and very good challenge-participator and post updates with pics!!!! I'll take time off to play whenever I can (when I'm not helping look after my new-born niece! She is such a cutie!)

The first week has been alright. It's getting a bit hairy now that my sim has a toddler and he's pregnant, but I'm managing. I suppose it'll all go to hell soon...

Well, here's my sim. His name is Nicolas Hawkins, and he's an Aquarius, Knowledge Aspiration. He met some people, got quite a few skill points and made a friend on his first day in his new home.

I unashamedly took advantage of the up to 70 k rule and got him THIS awesome house!

It looks old-fashioned but it's great, I got three nurseries set up straight away. His finances are great and he has enough money for plenty of stuff, and 11 k in the bank.

He spent his first pregnancy studying cooking, going to the toilet, eating chilli con carne and sleeping in.

Ugh, I hate the maxis paternity clothes. I don't mind the maternity, but the paternity is just...yuck.

Anyway, three days passed quick and he got 5 cooking skill points, 4 creativity, a couple of mechanical and logic.

And then baby no. 1 came along. I'm doing planet names too (ha ha, will save Uranus for last *giggles dorkishly*

Meet Mercury Hawkins! By the time she was born it was 2:30 so Nicolas had one delightful day of stable needs, bottle feeds and skill building.

Then he hired a nanny, who delightfully cleaned out the spewy toilets, and went stargazing again.

It freaked him out a bit.

Soon the little "plan mercury a party" thing popped up, and even though I knew that an infant would be easier to take care of I felt like seeing her personality, so I bought a birthday cake and...

Mercury is now a toddler! I had a look at her personality.

Max neat.
Almost max outgoing.
Max active.
0 playful.
0 nice.

I'm starting to think she might be a reincarnation of Circe Beaker.

But she is a cutie. Nice hair.

We shall leave it on the appearance of the second bump...

And hope that it won't get too sh!tty from now on.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 12:04 PM
I'll probably improvise a smaller version of the challenge- It sounds really fun but my game can't handle that many people in a household...

Great idea though! I've been meaning to play some aliens for some time now.
Scholar
#58 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 12:23 PM
Oh! Ella's post reminded me...

What about when we get 8 people in a household? What do we do then? Will boolprop let you have another baby? I'm not sure...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#59 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
Oh! Ella's post reminded me...

What about when we get 8 people in a household? What do we do then? Will boolprop let you have another baby? I'm not sure...

You shouldn't get more than 8 in the household. The challenge says seven kids, which plus the dad is eight. I think she may have been talking about that her game might not have handled the eight people. Unless I was wrong...but...yeah.

Great pictures, everyone! I'm kinda shocked at how popular this has gotten. And yes, the maxis paternity does suck. The alien shirt one is alright, but the other two...
Field Researcher
#60 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skuld Lunrix
Great pictures, everyone! I'm kinda shocked at how popular this has gotten. And yes, the maxis paternity does suck. The alien shirt one is alright, but the other two...

I think GoS is where I got my paternity.... I should total post pictures here at some point.... and someone on mts2 is adding bump meshes to some of the Maxis clothes, you just need a preg wear any hack. Which I think Squigie on insim has.

Edit: here, if anyone is interested, I didn't make them or anything like that, but I like some of them: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=2487.0
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
One, those are the most amazing outfits in the universe and I loves them to death x3. But two, they won't work as maternity! They just show up as everyday, even with the mesh. Is the maternity choice random, or do I have to do something else?

You can probably guess I started the new challenge. I need to upload all the pictures, but they'll be on my LiveJournal (*points at sig*) when I'm done, along with more details. For now, I'll give you the principal characters.

Westley Picard, the father.

Clytemnestra, his toddler daughter (I changed her hair for the third pic.)

Kaworu, his infant son.

When I last left them, Kaworu was a babe in arms, quite literally, Cly was down for a nap, and Westley was about ten seconds from passing out. I hope the llama doesn't hit the fan once I log back in...
#62 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:40 AM
i believe you need a hack to wear any outfit while pregnant, i use squinges, you can find it here in this forum, just look for the one compatible with you expansions http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?board=152.0

awesome name for the daddy btw xD
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 4:29 AM
Yes, thank you!! Now he doesn't have to wear those sweatpants anymore. Also, the full first update's up on LJ. You can read it if you wish.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:07 PM
Super awesome families meggie272 and Skuld Lunrix!
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 4:08 PM
I've just started, and currently my long-suffering sim has produced two delightful natural toddler twins, one boy, one girl, named Sarampo and Grypa (Measles and Flu-I have decided on naming all the kiddies after diseases translated into foreign languages (blame google translator if I get something wrong).). Twins may be harder, but one less pregnancy, thank the lord! My sim, Vlad Manic, even has a girlfriend now (he's romance)And has been knocked up for a second time- I had a close shave with the social worker when he was abducted, luckily Insim was at hand to save the twins! This is great, and I shall most certainly enjoy putting Vlad through his paces with a novel to write and three small children in tow.:evil:
Scholar
#66 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 4:31 PM
Here's my entry.

Meet Auggie Headburn (Named and downloaded from GoS) A knowledge sim who wants to be a mad scientist (but we all know THAT aint happening)

He spent the first day puttering around, learning some cooking/cleaning skills, but soon enough it was time for him to face the music....

As you can see he's less than thrilled with the results. And he was the WORST pregnant sim I have EVER had. Seriously, he puked about 7 times before the first bump! I think that's a record!

And here said bump is! (glares at non preggers compatible clothes and goes off to find some)

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 8:07 PM
Woah, your Sim dad's a cutie! :3 I feel kinda sorry for him- that is a record, I'd say. And for clothes, check out the ones in demonsofsarlia's post- they're absolutely stunning, fit your sim's style kinda and they're preg compatible. My sim dad's wearing a set- I hadn't downloaded the preg hack for his first two kids.

Writing a novel? That's one way to make money I hadn't thought of! Good luck with that. (Maybe it's a memoir. Oh lordy.) >8D

Wesley's recovering from Kaworu's birth at the moment. He did pass out, but he's mostly okay now. Just need to get some food and fun and sleep in his system before the 7-2 window closes...
Field Researcher
#68 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 2:39 AM
yeah, they don't work without the preg where any hack from insim, and i'ld also say they fit your sim slytherin-girl. ur choice though. I've noticed that at first they go back to the maxis preg clothes/pj's/etc. stuff, but either insim's wardrobe adjuster or a wardrobe/shower if you don't want pictures. the insim wardrobe adjuster changes their clothes like instantly, while paused without them doing anything.

Oh, and I found the maxis default replacements i was talking about earlier. They're for BV and H&M, but if you have those, then here: http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=931714 Two of their downloads add a preg mesh to the outfits, so yeah. Again, you'll have to have "Squinge’s ‘ Pregnancy Wear All mod" or as I was callin it the 'preg wear any' hack, which is now at insim because Squinge came back (xMiila posted a link). Really, that about does it for what I have, I've seen more I'm pretty sure, but in pictures in stories. I've tried looking and just couldn't find much in the way of guys' clothes with preg meshes.

I find that you just mostly have to stay ahead of the dad's needs, you can't let a preg sim's hunger or energy get to low, or they are not going to have any time for anything else at all. Once one gets too low, you spend all of the other one getting it back up. Really, which ever pack started the inventory thing and Seasons give big advantages for that, because they can make food, store it, and eat it later. Which means they don't have to spend time cooking while heavily preg. Well, keep ahead of his hunger and energy, his fun on the other hand i have to ignore from time to time.... I haven't really had any issues keeping the kids/toddlers needs up.

Question, if I remember right, we get a penalty for when someone passes out, does it count if it's the Nanny's fault? One of my toddlers was kinda tired when dad left (not that tired), and since there's no teens yet, big brother called the Nanny, and she did nothing but change the infant's diaper, leave her on the floor, and give the toddler bottle after bottle, when she was clearly crying to be put in bed (with full hunger since before dad left). She ended up passing out right as her dad, Haruto, got back from his 4th visit with the aliens.
Original Poster
#69 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by demonofsarila
I find that you just mostly have to stay ahead of the dad's needs, you can't let a preg sim's hunger or energy get to low, or they are not going to have any time for anything else at all. Once one gets too low, you spend all of the other one getting it back up. Really, which ever pack started the inventory thing and Seasons give big advantages for that, because they can make food, store it, and eat it later. Which means they don't have to spend time cooking while heavily preg. Well, keep ahead of his hunger and energy, his fun on the other hand i have to ignore from time to time.... I haven't really had any issues keeping the kids/toddlers needs up.

Question, if I remember right, we get a penalty for when someone passes out, does it count if it's the Nanny's fault? One of my toddlers was kinda tired when dad left (not that tired), and since there's no teens yet, big brother called the Nanny, and she did nothing but change the infant's diaper, leave her on the floor, and give the toddler bottle after bottle, when she was clearly crying to be put in bed (with full hunger since before dad left). She ended up passing out right as her dad, Haruto, got back from his 4th visit with the aliens.

Oh my god, I completely forgot about inventory. The next time Wesley wakes up, I'm having him put some cereal or chef salad into inventory. Provided he can stay awake long enough to cook it and take care of whatever the kids want. But, I agree with you, the kids' needs are a cinch. They just come at the heavy cost of the dad's needs. Fun I only ignore if he's not, say, delaying feeding the kid to complain to me about it.

And as for the Nanny, anything she does is her own fault. So it's not a penalty. She nearly did the same thing to my toddler, and only put her to bed after I told her to leave. (She tends to do that- I tell her to leave, and she walks back into my house, does some random thing, and then goes. The other time, she put out Lobster Thermidor and then left. I don't want to think of what would have happened had she been allowed to cook it.) I will be SO happy once the kids get older...

I updated my bit of the challenge, the link to read it and stuff is down there. I'm not sure whether I should repost those here or not...
Field Researcher
#70 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:51 AM
Oh my god, I completely forgot about inventory. The next time Wesley wakes up, I'm having him put some cereal or chef salad into inventory. Provided he can stay awake long enough to cook it and take care of whatever the kids want. But, I agree with you, the kids' needs are a cinch. They just come at the heavy cost of the dad's needs. Fun I only ignore if he's not, say, delaying feeding the kid to complain to me about it.

Yeah, i had my sim work on cooking before there were too many little ones in the house, and he just makes group meals of the best thing he know how to cook without burning it, and then just have him live off that for a while. Knowledge sims like learning to cook It's even a big help for children, because then they can have real meals when they want, and with the group meal it takes about as much time as just making 1 serving, but lasts when u can store the food. With Seasons, they can put leftovers in the frig for later. Before I added Season, I used the inventory thing all the time for keeping food good in my normal houses, I would totally say u should use it for this challenge if u can.

and ok on the nanny thing, because really, she can be very dumb/thick sometimes....

Anyway, me needs bed, so night, cuz it's like 11pm here, and I went to bed at like 2am last night... so yeah I need sleep.
---------------
Wow, I can't type when it's late at night.... I just wanted to double check something here, if someone changes species (vampire/werewolf/plantsim, i would include zombie, but you have to have the reaper phone and a dead sim for that) do we have to change them right back to being only normal/alien?
#71 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:13 PM
ohhh, thanks for the link demonofsarila, I think im gonna get those clothes from H&M as replacements. My pregnant guy spends all his time in pajamas or underwear since I don't have any pretty paternity clothes for him xP

And yea, putting group meals in the fridge is what I do so my sim doens't have to cook too much, it really helps xD Well, now Luna can help in the cooking too since she's a teenager and Sol gets more time to relax and just wait for the next baby to come He now has 5 kids and will be getting abducted again when I play again.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 5:37 PM
Oh, I thought of something else, and I don't see it in the rules, but it could just be that I'm missing it, do we get any points for if teens become over achievers (A+ and top of job)? Also, is there any penalty for someone getting fired? Like I said, I don't see anything about either of those, I'm just wondering.

oh and np for the link, just posting for anyone who has the packs and can use the clothes. and it must be much easier with a teen in the house, since they can do pretty much anything the adults can. Totally going to get more of the toddler big three once there's at least a teen in the house.

OH, question, does the 'teach nursery rhyme' get any points?
Original Poster
#73 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 8:25 PM
Lots of things I didn't think about coming up. o__o I'll have to update the challenge itself with all the new stuff at some point...but for now. I've heard that Teach Nursery Rhyme is hard, so...hm. I'll give it the same points as walk/talk/potty train. Overachiever...I'll have to think of a point value for that. But I'll say being fired is -8 points. And species change, yep. Change them right back.

Also, just thought of this- re-evaluating leaving the lot. For now, the father cannot leave the lot unless he is being abducted or shows up as a walk-by in one of your other residential lots. But, because time doesn't pass at a community lot, I'm not sure what would happen if he left kids alone and went to one...does anyone know? Teens may leave the lot for work, school, or community lots, but they may only do so for the last one if they achieve permission- they cannot sneak out. Children must stay on the lot unless going to school. Toddlers and babies have to stay put.

Anyway, thank you guys for pointing all of these things out! *gives cookies* I'll get this all and anything else I might have said offhand in the main post as soon as I finish my homework. It seems to pile up way too fast...
Field Researcher
#74 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:16 PM
But, because time doesn't pass at a community lot, I'm not sure what would happen if he left kids alone and went to one...does anyone know?

Time on the home lot doesn't pass while u're on a community lot, so when you come back, everyone else is the same state/place/time of day/etc that they were in when you left the lot, however, the game itself (non-hacked) last I checked is set up to not allow preg sims to leave the lot, because it can break the pregnancy, and if that happens you need like insim/inteen/simPE to fix it.

It doesn't have to, and sometimes it won't break it, but sometimes it will, and they'll either act not preg while looking preg never advancing, or they'll still act preg, but it will just never advance. The first one can just be fixed by getting them preg again I think, but I don't think u'll like that for ur challenge, and I'm not sure if it would always for sure work. The other case needs insim/inteen/simPE to fix.

Basically, it's because of how they coded preg to work in the sims, if anyone wants to know, and if I remember correctly: pregnancy is actually controlled by an invisible object that's part of the lots they got pregnant on, but when the sim leaves the lot, the connection between the sim and his/her preg controller can be broken, breaking the pregnancy. But by not allowing preg sims to leave the home lot, and only allowing preg for sims who are on their home lot, they "fixed" the breaking problem. Go EAxis . Like I said, that's if I remember correctly. (meaning don't shoot if I'm wrong, just correct)

Also, I thought the game didn't like you leaving little kids at home with no teenager/other adult home anyway, but it's been a while since I played with that, since I normally play houses with more than one parent.

Though it does make sense to me that the dad wouldn't be allowed to leave the house (except for aliens) for most of the challenge, and to keep it simple, just make it for the whole challenge, because if not it only makes things complex..... well, more complex.

I'm really talkative.....
Scholar
#75 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 4:02 AM
Default Non-Hacky Aliens
I'm loving this soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!

No teasing me about my maxis paternity clothes and very maxis-looking aliens. I tried downloading my first ever hack to get him out of those orange sweatpants and it doesn't work, stuff that. I think I'll just sulk for a bit.

Have a lot of pics to show youuus.

Nicolas and his first-born become besties. I think this is probably the only time it will happen. Mercury's a lovely toddler, just bangs away happily on her xylophone all night long while Nicolas crashes. Pity she's got 0 nice points, but that doesn't matter when their toddlers, does it?

She also got potty trained.

The night before Mercury grows up, the contractions start...

And meet little Saturn, yet another girl to add to his growing family! The picture might be Mercury, tho. Doesn't matter, they all look the same as babies, don't they :P

She didn't get born until 3.30, so he had a lovely day of stable needs. At six o' clock, I got out a birthday cake and it's time for Mercury to become a child (YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!)

She has snotty clothes to match her snotty personality. But she spent until 12.00 cleaning out the foggy gross toilets and the showers, and doing the dishes, and cleaning up the old birthday cake, and making all the beds...

Well, a nanny gets hired, and he gets abducted.

The nanny was weird. Saturn was screaming because her nappy was wet and she was hungry, and the nanny takes her all the way to one of the upstairs changing tables, with a baby whose pic is almost red! Gawd.

Then instead of getting her a bottle, plops her on the floor and runs out to meet the returning Nicolas.

Well, the inevitable happens, and Nicolas is pregnant for the third time.

Then Saturn grows up!!!

What is it with my alien babies and extreme personalities? Saturn has got completely full nice, completely full active and halfway neat.

Not as pretty a toddler as Mercury was, unfortunately.

Very sweet parting shot:

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Page 3 of 10