Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
http://abobosbigadventure.com/

This was released 1-11-12 and has the graphics quality of nes games. But, it mashes them all together, satirizes them, and brings nostalgia.
The only problem is that there is no pause, so go and pee before you play it.

I love this.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:22 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 30th Mar 2013 at 8:27 PM.

Dungeon Master, circa 1988.
Word.
Alchemist
#28 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
Minecraft, Limbo, many, many old 8-bit games, Morrowind, the list goes on and on

Two votes for Limbo. My sons play Minecraft every computer minute they get, but I just don't get the appeal
Alchemist
#29 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:35 PM
Battlefield 2 (2005). Graphics aren't good, but the gameplay is easy and fun.
Jazz Jack Rabbit (1999). It's 2D!
These are the only old games with bad graphics I'm playing.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#30 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 2:56 AM
The only 2 that come to mind are Zero Divide (well, it was a good game when I was 4 anyways. I haven't played it in probably 16 years lol) and the Oregon Trail for PC. XD I still play Oregon Trail yes.

I played a lot when I was young, my first video game was Unreal Tournament (I used to play with my dad and his buddies) but I don't remember the graphics. But I didn't start playing games more seriously until maybe 5 years ago, when I was 15. By then, graphics were pretty good. :c So.
Instructor
#31 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob

Dungeon Master, circa 1988.
Word.

My lord, I remember this game!

My family began our gaming fixes with the Atari. I remember most of the games we had at the time and some are still fun to play. Pong, Pac-man, Asteroids, Pitfall, Frogger, Q-bert, Joust, Pole Position, E.T, Tron, and Chopper Command to name some.

As we purchased better systems the games improved but several stand out to me. Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark and Broken Sword chiefly because me and my father spent so much time together figuring out the puzzles and having fun.

As for a game I continue to play - no matter the graphics - Super Mario Brothers, of course. It's classic and I have the retro system that plays all the old NES and SNES games. Also, one of my all time favorites, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the original Playstation. I love that when you think you have finished this game the castle flips and you play it upside down.
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 11:09 AM
You guys have to agree about NeoGeo games. What the heck if no good graphics?! I've played Metal Slug about a zillion times and i still love it!
Scholar
#33 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Two votes for Limbo. My sons play Minecraft every computer minute they get, but I just don't get the appeal

I think a lot of the appeal about Minecraft is that there is virtually no limit to what you can do in the game. With the use of in game mechanics, people have created their own games and gametypes. I've seen recreations of Zelda games using Minecraft, and they were pretty well done. Also, there's pretty much no limit to how you can customize the game's appearance using texture packs and special shaders.

Just my two cents on it

But yes, Limbo is amazing!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
#34 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:28 PM
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. I downloaded it onto my Wii and it's pretty addictive, and kind of hard to beat (I've been playing it for maybe years now and I can only get to the third level). Though I admit some of the stuff that's in there is pretty cheesy, like how some of the villains look or the fact that candlesticks can just float around outside like it's totally normal

And old Super Mario Brothers games, my favorite of those is probably SMB3
Instructor
#35 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:31 PM
Every so often I boot up my copy of Ultimate DOOM or Duke Nukem 3D...the graphics are very dated and I actually have to run them on an emulator to even play, but MAN do I have fun running around and busting heads.
And of course my favorite Pokemon game is still Crystal, while it doesn't have the worst graphics of the series it does definitely show its age.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 6:13 AM
Suikoden V. Great story, enough said.
Bunned
#37 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 11:46 PM
Minecraft, To the Moon, and the classics like some of the first tomb raider games, the older Mario games, and so on. Honestly, good graphics are just a plus. A good storyline or addicting hook can easily make up for less than perfect graphics, plus some.

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 11:59 PM
Fallout 2, Final Fantasy 6, and Chrono Trigger have stood the test of time, in my opinion.
Scholar
#39 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 1:22 AM
Downfall is a pretty good game and the graphics aren't the best, the story is really interesting!
Alchemist
#40 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by destinychaser
Honestly, good graphics are just a plus. A good storyline or addicting hook can easily make up for less than perfect graphics, plus some.

I agree. Although pretty state of the art at the time, the graphics in Resident Evil 2 suck, but I just played through it again this past weekend. Even though I know when they're coming, I still jump out of my seat at certain points of the game. Man that franchise sure went to crap
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Master Spark : 19th Apr 2013 at 8:48 PM.
The entire Mechwarrior 2 series. Great games with simple graphics.
Sim City 2000 is another good game with not so great graphics (by modern standards)

There are also games from the 16-bit era that were great like Star Fox, Super Turrican 2 and the Megaman series among others

Also, on the original Playstation, Megaman Legends 1 and 2, Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 6:13 AM
I enjoy Plants Vs Zombies and Zoo Tycoon.

Cynthia
Field Researcher
#43 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 4:42 PM
The original Half-Life, along with its expansions and mods. Don't really see any other games on my computer with crap graphics. (Unless you count Sims 2 and SC4.)

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Alchemist
#44 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 5:30 PM
Graphics actually are a funny thing. Imagine a CoD player:
"Graphics don't matter, it's all about the story."
Give them the newwest CoD:
"These graphics suck."

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#45 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 7:27 AM
Graphics doesn't matter if the game is easy to get in, IMO. In fact, I HATE good graphics. They just lags up the game and do nothing else for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 8:04 PM
I've had a great deal of fun over the years with Spiderweb Games' RPGs. Terrible graphics, deep plotting. Exile series, Nethergate (Roman-Celtic setting), Avernum series (remake of Exile), Geneforge...

ETA: I think most of their games are for both Windows and Mac.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Uncharted may have good graphics, but its Uncharted all the way!
I played the first Uncharted game. The graphics are good, I guess. But the story is so boring I almost fell asleep. The gameplay is also pretty lame, you climb, run and shoot. I've never seen that in a game before! Oh, actually I have, It's called Infamous. Only Infamous did it so much better. Instead of forcing climbing on you, just for the lulz Infamous actually integrates the climbing into the actual game.

In Uncharted you climb to get somewhere. Good, now you are there. Now shoot and kill these 6 people.
In Infamous you climb to get somewhere. Good, now you are there. Now climb to a strategical point and take out the enemies. You can climb around the town and collect the collectibles, which I did. Sure, that was boring, but at least it wasn't glued to the game like the climbing in Uncharted was.

Now back to topic: I like good graphics, I really do. But I don't like games with mediocre/bad gameplay with amazing graphics. Instead of thinking "Oh the grass is so realistic!" I want to think "THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I CAN DO SO MANY THINGS! IT JUST NEVER ENDS!". I feel disgusted when I play a game like Little Big Planet Karting, where the graphics look nice, but the gameplay is mediocre for a racing game. WHY? Why couldn't they spend some more money on the controls? It's a racing game for bigfoot's sake! IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE TIGHT CONTROLS. Look at Mario Kart 64. Terrible graphics, it's laughable compared to today's games. Yet the controls and the levels are absolutely amazing. Easily some of the best levels I have ever played, and you really feel in control of your car.

Same thing with Crash Team Racing. The controls are tight, the items are cool, the game feels balanced. Secrets around every corner, and the graphics are mediocre. But that's fine, because the rest of the game is so well polished.

I'm not even asking for the latest Crytech engine either, I only want pretty graphics. They don't even have to be good. Fallout 3 has mediocre graphics, but everything is so detailed.
Mario Galaxy has shiny graphics, not the best, but that's fine. Because everything is so detailed.
Killzone 2 has AMAZING graphics, easily the best of all games mentioned in this post. Yet 90% of the game is gray and boring. Who cares if the graphics are good, when they aren't properly used?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:45 AM
I play Minecraft, SimTower/Yoot Tower (not much anymore), Simutrans (though it can be pretty), Towns, and IsoTower.

--Ocram

Always do your best.
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 8:01 PM
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is one of the best strategy games ever, but it uses 2D graphics made to look like it's 3D.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:22 AM
As long as the game does not lag and it works properly, its fine.

I still play the PS1 spyro trilogy and PS1 Resident Evil Trilogy religiously every few months.

Also, my all time fave game of all time, Resident Evil Outbreak, has some pretty low end graphics, yet, i just simply adore that game.

Page 2 of 4