Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6351 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:23 PM
Have a speedy recovery, @MLC! Best wishes for one!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6352 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Please send good wishes and hugs to MLC if you've ever downloaded any of her wonderful CC, I'm sure she's love to hear from people. You could post here or in her download threads and tag her name, or perhaps send a PM.

Didn't know she was ill. Hope she gets better quickly; we miss you. And hope that you have plenty of catz to cuddle up with while recovering.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6353 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM
Thanks guys! <3 Things are progressing well considering the situation.

Somehow, someday, simsample is so getting a huge hug from me!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6354 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Thanks guys! <3 Things are progressing well considering the situation.

Somehow, someday, simsample is so getting a huge hug from me!

Oh hey MLC - good to see you. I knew you had had the heart attack but was concerned to hear you'd had the bypass op. (a big deal I know). Though - maybe a good thing in the long run as you can only get better from here? I hope you make a steady and successful recovery. Big hug and love from me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#6355 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:20 PM
Why do some people make their sims completely on only CC??? Like everything from face features that they could make in CAS to the smallest details
It’s like a hell to find that one thing you are searching for when their list is like 1000 links to all the CC they used
CC is good and that
But when you have so much CC is it 99% death for people like me to find what i’m Looking for

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6356 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 11:25 PM
I wonder if there's some image tagging program around. It'd be nice to be able to tag all my screenshots by the Sims appearing in them so I could search for that.

EDIT: Hm, PNG doesn't seem to have an EXIF chunk. Might look into converting to JPG, in that case.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#6357 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 11:55 PM
^ If you are referring to screenshots you've posted on MTS, and happen to add their first or last names to the post there's a handy thing in advanced search so you can search the term in a specific forum and put yourself down as the user - and ta da you get every post ever including ones with screen shots you posted that have those sims. The trick is using text in the post to identify the sims but I've used it a lot for going back to find old pictures or looking at what I have posted so far of that particular sim.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6358 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:02 AM
Nah, I was talking about ones stored on my computer.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6359 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 4:36 PM
Learning how to do things for myself (custom content//modding stuff) is dangerous. The more things I learn to do, the more I want to lean to do and the more nit-picking I can do to my game.
I'm part way through a hair retexturing project, the other day I made a multi-pollination technician hack (properly from scratch rather than just cobbling things together from other peoples multi-pt hacks), and today I learned to recolour clothes in bodyshop as step one in a multi-part plan to learn how to use milkshape.
Mad Poster
#6360 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:45 PM
I figured out the image tagging! XnView has an option to edit the IPTC data on JPEG files, which includes Keywords, Categories, and image caption.

Would anyone want a tutorial on this? I can make a tutorial.

Instructor
#6361 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 11:29 PM
Playing sims who live by themselves makes time go by quick, but man does it sucks when they need 10 friends for work.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Top Secret Researcher
#6362 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 1:31 PM
Oh god...Installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 as dual boot, then deleting Ubuntu partitition to make space for GTA V... HELL! This may sound weird, but read on.

GTA V and Sims 2 installed files were on another drive, D. Windows, and other programs and games are on C. Ubuntu was on another drive F, but that's ext file system. Because I deleted the Ubuntu partitition (ubuntu was utterly broken after some time), I actually deleted parts of the grub-loader configuration files, and forgot to revert to windows boot loader, so now I was stuck with windows not being able to boot.
I had to reinstall ubuntu, but problem was, I had no free space to allocate to the installation and I could only boot it from live USB. But to fix this mess I had to install Ubuntu, which meant deleting one of the two partititions. Obviously, I wouldn't delete my windows system and file partitition, so I had to delete the one with Sims 2 and GTA V installation.

So I did. I deleted the partitition where my Sims 2 game was installed.

Thankfully, it's all fixed already and my games are saved on C: so it's all there. I just have to reinstall Sims 2 UC again. Eh.
Inventor
#6363 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:07 AM
I just went on a downloading binge after turning on my desktop for the first time in a week. I found this livejournal through tumblr and I got an adrenaline rush just looking at the conversions, I downloaded pretty much half of their stuff all in less than 30 minutes .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Theorist
#6364 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 24th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Playing sims who live by themselves makes time go by quick, but man does it sucks when they need 10 friends for work.

You never have to deal with that issue again with TwoJeff's No Friends Needed for Careers...unless you want to that is. The mod is towards the middle of the page.

For added challenge (since friends will no longer be needed to get a promotion) I also recommend Cyjon's Job Stopinator, which makes it easier for you to manage how often your Sims are allowed to be promoted.

If you are already aware of these mods, then ignore me.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#6365 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
You never have to deal with that issue again with TwoJeff's No Friends Needed for Careers...unless you want to that is. The mod is towards the middle of the page.

I also recommend Cyjon's Job Stopinator, which makes it easier for you to manage (and slow things down) how often your Sims are allowed to be promoted without having to play the 'make friends with everyone' game.

If you are already aware of these mods, then ignore me.

Thank you. I had no idea about these mods.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#6366 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:20 AM
In another thread, I made a comment about simmers' hordes of cc.

I think we may all be dragons. Data dragons.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#6367 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
I do think my game (read: hood) is getting old and glinshy. Recently I have seen some tihings I never seen before. Like last week when playing an apartment. My sims neighbour (also a playable) walked by and while doing so she acted like she was holding a book (like they use to when the command "walk here" is used). Then she stoped, closed the invisible book (whit sound effect) and after that everything was normal. Today, at a restaurant, one of the servers was carrying an invisible plate and at a OFB lot a sim glinshed into amirror (they don't do that on daily basis). Now, my old computer have it's better and darker moments so it can be an effect of that (it did not run good today) but my hood is 10 years old and on top of that I do think the AL EP is glinshy so it can be all together. Oh well, I peace whit it and hope that it does not get worse.
Scholar
#6368 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I just went on a downloading binge after turning on my desktop for the first time in a week. I found this livejournal through tumblr and I got an adrenaline rush just looking at the conversions, I downloaded pretty much half of their stuff all in less than 30 minutes .

Oh no
That's aleady in my bookmarks as a link that I'd "saved for later" a while ago cos I'd planned to download everything. What have you done? *runs to game computer*
Scholar
#6369 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:33 PM
Me (after downloading a lot of TS2 stuff) : I have enough downloads now! Goes online and downloads TS3 to TS2 conversions.
Me: Now I do HAVE ENOUGH downloads! Goes online and downloads TS4 to TS 2 conversions. (Facepalm)
Top Secret Researcher
#6370 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:39 PM
I just visited the last snapshot of Sims 2 old site, and one of the downloads had this written as it's description.

Such nice words, and so much more sincere interaction from devs back then. Tho I wonder what is this mobile game they are speaking of?
Also those fun facts :D
Inventor
#6371 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Primavera : 25th Jun 2018 at 1:51 AM.
I went through the process of defaulting a hair, I was almost finished before I saw lightning strikes outside . Hopefully I did everything right when the thunderstorm stops though.

EDIT: I actually did way better than I expected. Only thing I messed up on is that there's no scalp and there's slight transparency issues (it's super hard to notice but look towards the top of the forehead)

And I somehow messed up on linking the elder version as this happened

I'm gonna go back and redo it though. I followed this tutorial as well.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6372 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:04 AM
It's interesting to see what people download more. I uploaded three things recently and my Victorian skirts are getting the most downloads; the elder skirt most of all.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6373 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's interesting to see what people download more. I uploaded three things recently and my Victorian skirts are getting the most downloads; the elder skirt most of all.

Never ceases to amaze me - things I think are interesting and I worked really hard on: slooooooooow; things I've uploaded just because someone wanted one or something, quick and dirty recolour or similar that I would likely never DL myself: goes like hot cakes.

Y'all are completely irrational y'know. Weird.

Mind you Charity, those are nice skirts and we can all use more elder clothing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6374 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
Micromanaging eight sims is kind of a hassle. Having to direct them to do a routine of "Find your toilet!", wait till a limited amount of showers get freed, remember to respective sim do cooking and the other cleaning (now that I think about it I should probably go with a random one eachday instead), have the women do farming and the men fish... and the wants they roll so lame (they're Nature people). I should one day send them to a community lot to take a break and have a ease time fulfilling them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6375 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Micromanaging eight sims is kind of a hassle. Having to direct them to do a routine of "Find your toilet!", wait till a limited amount of showers get freed, remember to respective sim do cooking and the other cleaning (now that I think about it I should probably go with a random one each day instead), have the women do farming and the men fish... and the wants they roll so lame (they're Nature people). I should one day send them to a community lot to take a break and have a ease time fulfilling them.

Even if you had 8 showers and toilets they'd still all want to use the same one and complain about it being full rather than use another one.
Page 255 of 516